Joaquin Phoenix: Thanks Academy -- For Nothing

1/17/2009 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix has made the worst career choice since "Ishtar," and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is squarely to blame.

Click to Watch! -- Joaquin Phoenix
Watch this video of Joaquin "performing" last night at Lavo in Las Vegas. Clearly fueled by his Oscar nomination in "Walk the Line," the delusional former actor has given up a promising career for a Federline future. There's an epic fall in there too.

irs

How do we know this is Joaquin?

Tess T Cull

Go get 'em, Joaquin. You are one funny feather mucker!

God

GET SOME HELP AND GO BACK TO ACTING. STop acting like a fool. and Ben Afflecks brother? are you serious, if he's your friend, help him. Even if he's not, stop making him think that he has a career in this. pshh

Overboard

I don't recognize him anymore!!!!! ---What have you done?
Where's Joaquin??~ Come out--come out where ever you are.....
This rap crap is not your calling dude!!!
Shape up- before you ship out....

fancy & classey

Joaquin, you my friend need a good shave and a smacked bottom!!

jan

He's one of my favorite actors, he can't be for real with that rap song.. He has to be joking around. If he is serious please family & friends of his get him help fast!!

dangimold

Someone needs an intervention. I sense a 5150 is in his near future.

IApproveThisMsg

Substance abuse issues at work here... too bad. Hope he gets some help.

Amy in Ky

Oh my...he was once a brilliant actor, and not a bad looking one either. But he's strung out, which is sad. When he has a stint in rehab and hopefully he will before he ends up like his brother and dies of an overdose, someone needs to show him making a giant ass out of himself when he's sober so he can see what the rest of us do! I do hope he gets help before it's too late, he's not been right for quite some time now.

Muzzy

Jesus. What in the hell happened to him. I hope he pulls himself out of the hole he's found himself in, clean up, and find love and happiness within. A great talent. This is not where I want to see him go.

Meri

Love Joaquin. He wasn't recognized for the talent he has. That is really so sad. He worked so hard in his movies,especially
"Walk The Line" He learned Johnny Cash's songs and he sang them in that movie. He became Johnny Cash. I'am so sorry he
has left acting.

can't fool me

Joaquin, you're hilarious! Keep it up!! Can you believe how many gullible people there are in the world?

angelina

This is going to end badly, he looks just like Heath Ledger did before he od with the unwashed hair and beard. He needs an intervention and a psychiatrist this is a mans version of bipolar. Bipolar looks different in men than it does in women thats why it is similar to Britney but not exactly like her meltdown.

Lauri

He needs to get off his high horsey, he's lucky his mom worked for some studio way back when, otherwise, he'd be a nobody! Five thousand one hundred and fifty for you Joaquin, go get some help.

Buttercup321

His brother was the very talented , very handsome , veggie eating , non drug using River Phoenix, who , with Joaquin by his side , died of an od at the Viper Club in LA around 1993. I remember this because my kids liked the movie Stand By Me, and I was supriced that he died of an od.

I hope some one helps him before he ends up the same way as his brother, I feel he is talented in his own right, not living on the A list because of his family name.

OK,Im done........