Joaquin Phoenix: Thanks Academy -- For Nothing

1/17/2009 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joaquin Phoenix has made the worst career choice since "Ishtar," and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is squarely to blame.

Click to Watch! -- Joaquin Phoenix
Watch this video of Joaquin "performing" last night at Lavo in Las Vegas. Clearly fueled by his Oscar nomination in "Walk the Line," the delusional former actor has given up a promising career for a Federline future. There's an epic fall in there too.

joanie

wtf?! why is he doing this to himself? he was one of my favorite actors...i just don't get hollywood

TheDLoader4u

Is it just me or did he fall of stage at the end of his ridiculous performance

mommy

Did he fall off the stage??....

something smells

SOOOO SADDDDD

Pink Daisy

Imo, he looks like Jim Morrison in his later years. He's a good actor.

What up, Jack? Fosheezy

brofy

HE MUST BE DRINKING AGAIN

Rah-Rah

Dayum!! Did he fall off the stage?!!? Joaquin looks high!

He used to be so hot (looks and career wise), but now he looks like a homeless, hobo loser, and he ain't workin!

What the hell happened to him anyway?

Rah-Rah

Oh. My. Gawd!!! What the hell is wrong with him??!!

Did any one else notice that hole near his crotch? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! His d*ck could've fallen out, and he wouldn't have know it!!!

Bonton

Oh Joaq what are you doing.....you are so much better than this.........I really hope he gets his stuff together, he has amazing talent-at acting...Idk wtf this is suppose to be but he is making a dang fool of himself....Just say no to drugs!!!

TheOne

Seriously people come on..this is so fake it has to be!! He's playing some kind of prank or something...no way did Joaquin turn into this lol I dont believe it...and if it is real what a waste of talent!!

LongJohn69

The fall of the Phoenix

Teuta

I think he's playing a big joke on all of us. Otherwise, hei's a fool and Casey is too for going along with it. Joaquin is trying to get his personal life in order. His girlfriend, Christy Joiner is a musician too and I am sure she's encouraging him.

notfooled

OMG! I'm embarrased for him! Whoever the hell told him he had rhythm, must be deaf. He can't rap, he can't move, and evidently, he can't afford disposable razors!

He makes Federline, look like Eminem, for crap's sake (no offense to Eminem).

Whatever hallucinogenic drugs he's tripping on...someone get him an intervention! Boy has flipped!

Amy

Why do I feel like this is part of a Punk'd episode, except it's on us?

why?

Joaquin has a propensity to fake out the media, also his sense of humor is legendary in some circles. This man is brilliant and one of the most talented actors we have today. I think he is funny as f@#$! He hates TMZ types, absolutely loathes them and would stop at nothing to make monkeys out of them. Never fear...Joaquin has not turned to drugs and alcohol, he just doesn't care if you think so. He is kind-of like Johnny cash that way, he is a totally finger at you type of guy. I can't wait ti see what he does next.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments