"Gossip Girl" Didn't Pamper Her Kid -- Allegedly

1/21/2009 6:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Here's how nasty the Kelly Rutherford/Daniel Giersch divorce has gotten -- they're bickering over who doesn't wipe their kid.

In legal papers filed today, Giersch claims he tried to potty train their son, Hermes, early on but Rutherford took his mini-toilet seat away and hid it and did not "encourage him to use the toilet."

Giersch adds, "I have witnessed that she does not always keep his bottom clean."

And there's more. Giersch says it is not "reasonable or appropriate for [Rutherford] to be breast feeding when he is nearly 2 1/2 years old."

As if to punctuate his point, Giersch says the kid is old enough to be fluent in German.

99centz

hey....im trying to eat lunch here...do yo mind.....

fedup

dear lord, i think divorces should have limitations now. the only execptions are like abuse or cheatin or sumtin like that, not for some stupid arguement.

ME

that is sooo gross to be breast feeding a 2 year old toddler. I totally agree with the father,,,poor child!!!

dianne

For the sake of this child, please, no more updates on their divorce!

Tara

Good Lord!! Still breast feeding at 2-1/2 years of age?!? Uh, it's called a breast pump and sippy cup!

Lala

That kid doesn't seem like he has a great childhood ahead of him.....hope he can overcome that as an adult.

KCRosie

This guy is a control freak douche bag. 'Nuff said.

Tina

I bet he wouldn't have any problem with it if it were a bottle or a pacifier @ 24 months. Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world.

CC

I've heard of much worse then breast feeding at 2 1/2. I agree to me it's a little weird but I have heard of quite a few moms that think it's no big deal to breast feed even after 3 years old. Personally, I think if a kid can say "I want to nurse" then you've done it too long but hey it's not like the kid is 6 or 7 like those ladies on 20/20!

Kate

What a jerk. A child who is breastfed at 2 1/2 is common in many countries throughout the world. And a little boy who is not potty trained by 2 1/2? Wow, there would be a number of moms who would be held accountable in divorce court, Personally, I'd be thrilled to be getting rid of this "parenting expert". What a moron.

deiter

Wow, can you say "CONTROL FREAK?" That poor boy, let's hope they can learn to be amicable for his sake.....

hot snot

me thinks neither is fit to parent the child alone. Anyone that spends so much time bashing the other could use that time to parent their child. Hope Grandparents are still around

riley

2 1/2 too old for breastfeeding? I'm sure he only does it 2, maybe 3, times a day at this point and that's perfectly normal. What's sick is how many people think that feeding with a bottle from day one and often well past 2 1/2 is the more normal choice. This guy is an uninformed twit AND a jerk. Hope she gets everything she's asking for.

jelliebean

I have a 3 year old son. This man has NO clue how to raise a child and needs to have any and ALL rights revoked. You can bet Le Leche League is now going to get involved. Dumb ass.

rikka

Seriously?? I have 3 boys & couldn't get them potty trained until they were almost 4! And the speaking German thing, come on the kid is only 2!! The man needs to get a grip.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments