"Sully" Gets the Bird in D.C.

1/21/2009 5:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

According to Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger -- revenge tastes like chicken.

TMZ has learned the most famous pilot on the planet made his first public appearance in D.C. last night, at a low-key dinner with some members of his heroic flight crew and several passengers from Flight 1549. The name of the restaurant -- Hudson... Seriously.

Sully was a rockstar, shaking hands with a steady flow of admirers in the restaurant -- which by the way, is great.

Now the best part: As if to take revenge on the birds that brought down his jet, Sully dined on buttermilk fried chicken.

beachy

This guy rocks! He performed a miracle (guided by a higher power).

So sorry to hear that his inaugural appearance was for a man that hates this country.

Quite a dichotomy,

My hat off to you, Sully! You are a true American hero. Barry - not so much. Barry Hussein Obama is a wannabe that was voted in by people that voted by race, If you don't believe me - the blacks were the vote that voted Prop 8.

Yet - he'll turn his back. Mark my words. Ignorance is worse than stupidity. At least if you're stupid, you have a reason. What about all the rest of the votes. OMG - they will regret this.

OhWell

way To Go Sully

PEPSI Generation

He was a great fighter ace! but a hero who put many lifes on the line with a pile of shielt airbus should be grounded along with the airlines.Who passed this jet to fly?. and who checked the radar for birdies?.Someone F up and more than just one person ,everyone could have died and than should`nt be FLYING BY THE SEAT OF MY PANTS

Sharona

I think in this case Mr. Sully was the co-pilot. He had a little help from above.

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

Safe is safe and this was NOT safe....I ditched it for the airlines so now I`am a hero with a halo...Safe is safe and this was one more close call,and that call is a WAKEUP CALL from above?.GROUND the airlines.

carriss

While this guy did save a bunch of lives, and do a very good job at piloting a doomed aircraft, he IS NOT a celebrity. He's just some guy, who happens to be a pilot, who was eating at a restaurant in D.C. last night. I'm sure there were other pilots eating dinner last night, and some may have even been eating chicken. This guy is a pretty good pilot, but enough already TMZ. geez!

Dan

Beachy... time to get back to the Klan meetings... don't forget the pointed hat... LOL

Dan

P.S. - if you don't like it you're more than welcome to leave the country.. the rest of us on this board would be glad to help you pack.

bitzod

But fallin fast who do I call?,Your SS!.

mike

The airplane hit a flock of geese and the pilot dining on chicken is revenge? TMZ gets stupider and stupider every day.. I think the long haired douche is blowing harvey to much in the breakroom and ten year olds are in charge of putting crap on.

Just a Bill

I was aboard that flight, Sully saved my life. I would like to make love to him.

HunkyFriedChucken

In a parallel universe those guess are fried chicken smothered in jet fuel!!!!

Lisa

TMZ, I can really appreciate your wanting to give this man a shout-out, but this is one of the stupidest stories ever. Seriously. Did that long-haired blond guy write it?

crus

Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl again, I got a feelin' come on, sing it with me!!!!!!!

crus

Hey SoCal Steeler, you don't have a team in L.A., so you bandwagon onto the team that wins most of the time, Bold Move!! I suppose your a Yankees fan too??

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments