War Over Peter Falk

1/21/2009 4:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Peter Falk's wife and daughter now have squared off over who should be taking care of Columbo.

Falk's adopted daughter, Catherine Falk, filed legal papers last month claiming Falk has dementia and Alzheimer's and can't care for himself. She wants a court to appoint her conservator.

Now, in legal papers filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, Falk's wife, Shera, expressed shock at Catherine's audacity. She claims Catherine has had a bad relationship with Peter and even sued him in 1992. She says Peter has never even met Catherine's children nor did he attend her wedding.

Shera, who's been married to Peter for 31 years, claims she provides constant care for Peter and that he's "happy and healthy under the current conditions at home..." Shera does not want a conservatorship because she claims it creates a "stigma".

And Shera included a sworn declaration from the late Johnny Carson's wife. Joanna Carson says Shera always has been there for Peter, adding, "Shera always made it a point to cook for Peter. Italian was his favorite so she always made sure to have a meal ready for him when he got home." She adds Peter liked her Italian cooking so much he wanted her to make the meal for their wedding at the Bev Hills Hotel. She did not.

JACQUELINE

STRANGELY ENOUGH, NO FAMILY VARIES THAT MUCH ONE FROM THE OTHER. IT'S CALLED GREED. THIS WORLD IS RUN BY IT......LOOK AROUND. SO SAD, TOO BAD.....ALZHEIMER'S IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW. MR. FALK IS SURELY GETTING QUALITY CARE AND LOVE BY HIS WIFE. A VERY VERY DIFFICULT JOB AT BEST FOR THOSE CAREGIVERS WHO CARE FOR HIM DAILY AND HOURLY. I HAD OLDER SIS WHO HAD MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS WHOSE HUSBAND DUMPED HER BACK ON MY FAMILY....MOM THOUGHT SHE COULD CARE FOR HER AND ULTIMATELY COULDN'T. THIS DAUGHTER CATHERINE SHOULD CONSIDER THE FACTS HERE AND WITHDRAW HER GREEDY PAW. I GUESS JUST BEING A DOTING AND LOVING DAUGHTER ISN'T EXACTLY WHAT SHE EXPECTED ULTIMATELY.

2015 days ago

annmarie from Texas

his daughter should be ashamed of herself.
just plain greedy.

i think Peter Falk is terrific. i enjoy his work -- all of it.
and from the way he's spoken on the record about his current wife, he loves her very much.
i hope that this mess goes away and he and she can live their lives in peace.

2015 days ago

friend

i cant remember what i was going to say?

2015 days ago

Biff

God Bless You Mr. Peter Falk...

2015 days ago

Not shocked

I knew it. I worked at the Universal/MCA lot about 14 years ago and Peter Falk was working there. His daughter was banned from the movie lot because he had a restraining order against her. It didn't stop her from trying to get a job at one of the post-production companies. She was always trying to get on the lot. She tried it at our company and that's when I heard the stories about how much trouble Mr. Falk had had with his daughter. They were not speaking terms. I am sorry but there's no sane judge who would think about giving her the chance to care for her father, in less something happened to his wife.

2014 days ago

Lekili

If Falk and his wife are still legally husband and wife, the daughter is over stepping her boundaries. It sounds like she just wants to get her hands on his money and nothing more. From what was written by TMZ it sounds like she was a daughter in name only. Se needs to stop what she's attempting to do and let his wife be his caregiver and take care of his needs.

2014 days ago

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

He`s a old old mobster millionare he can hire anyone he wants 2.He should have been poped like his double was...at least we got his eye when I was 10 years old,CBS flash mobster and step DAD pooped his eye out for F`N on a little HUGHES`s Kid...I should have let step knock the double the F out also but the CIA took care of that mobster-glen reed.

2014 days ago

John

A long time ago, I saw Peter Falk’s daughter on a TV show—I believe it was The Dating Game. During the show, I remember that the host seemed to be surprised when she casually mentioned that she was Peter Falk’s daughter. (“You mean Peter Falk the actor?” I remember him saying.) I thought it was rather peculiar that the daughter of a celebrity would appear on a TV show to pick out a complete stranger for a date. (Imagine, if you will, Hilton’s daughter Paris, or Clinton’s daughter Chelsea choosing a date on a TV show.) But I was even more shocked when she mentioned that she and her father were estranged, that he had completely disowned her due to a dispute over her credit card debt. I have heard nothing more about this sad story until now.

1998 days ago