Jessica Simpson: This Is How She Rolls

1/26/2009 5:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Double-belted into her mom jeans, former pop singer/reality TV star turned attempted country crooner Jessica Simpson appeared at some sort of chili cook-off concert in Florida this weekend.

It is unclear if she was there to perform or just judge.

UPDATE: Thanks to the folks at WKIS, there is footage of Jess performing "These Boots Are Made for Walking" at the cook-off -- and lets just say, it takes your mind right back to the days she rocked out to the same song in that extremely tiny red bikini...

Jessica Simpson: Click to watch

Anne

Well, she still looks better then the people writing negative comments. I'd kill for her body! no one is perfect. you'd be surprised whats under celebs clothes to make them look smaller then they are.

NICKI

Jessica looks so beautiful! What a pretty pretty girl..

NICKI

I think Jess looks amazing. She has such a gorgeous face. Her body looks fine. She's curvey & sexy!!

BD

Yikes! What has happened to her? Eeekkkk.....she's starting to look like me.....and I'm a 54-year-old woman!!

NICKI

SHE HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER! U GUYS R CRAZY.

Clinton

What's hanging off her upper arms isn't from possibly being pregnant. She's WAY out of shape. Remember what happened to "Gloria" on All In The Family? The same excuses were flying then, too.

HOLLYWOOD STANDARD

Also there is nothing wrong with her weight if she is a Mom taking care of her family working a reg 40 + hour a week job..ya know just a reg person,

BUT

If she wants to be an entertainer who makes a living on how she looks, she is a bit plump, and she should know better...Esp walking around like THAT...lol

Christina

I was at this event yesterday. Alan Jackson performed after her. She did a wonderful job! And as far as being fat, you guys are crazy. She's not fat. The pants are horrible yes... Everyone I spoke to at the end of the event said that. She should have never worn such a horrible outfit. Her performance rocked though and I don't really care for her at all. I was pleased..

Clinton

Anne, then go ahead and kill yourself. If you would change your body for hers,...well,...enough said.

NICKI

I wish i could look 1/2 as good as Jessica. She is a beautiful girl with a great body.

Clinton

Christina, come on. I REALLY WAS THERE and Simpson was FAT and couldn't sing her way out of a paper bag. Everyone was snickering at her and commenting at how plump she's gotten. If, and I say, IF you were there, you must have either been drunk and/or in severe need of glasses and a hearing aid.

Shan

She has all the pregnancy signs including wearing bad clothes to try and hide it.

Tupac

WTF happened to this chick? Was it only 3-4 years ago she was on top of the world? She was considered beautiful, funny, quirky and sweet. now she is just pathetic. Nick may not be as famous as he was, but I'm sure that is fine considering he doesn't have to wake up next to this sasquatch! Her bf looks like a douchebag too . They probably belong together.

brazil

: she gained a lot weight and she is definitely fat gosh awful wardrobe

Shan

Hey Nobody Buys It

you must have not been around ALOT of pregnant people been there done that my arms had flab too but I started to workout while I was pregnant.