Tony Orlando

'Memba Him?!

1/26/2009 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In the '70s, Tony Orlando became famous with songs like "Knock Three Times" and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree" as part of the trio Tony Orlando and Dawn and for their hit variety TV show. Guess what he looks like now!

Tony Orlando

DahloanH

Everyone has a bad pic now and then. Tony looked very tired in that picture. It is awful that TMZ lives off of bad publicity and making celebs look bad. There are zillions of pictures of Tony Orlando out there and TMZ could't find a good one? I guess I forgot, that wouldn't have made good publicity. Guess I never saw the point of trash journalism anyway. And no, Dawn didn't sue him. He is still friends with Telma and Joyce who sang with him.
I wish everyone had the chance to see a Tony Orlando show. He is a great performer, who's talent is matched only by his big, caring heart. A lot of people do charity for the limelight or to make themselves look great, but we find out months, or years later, through a web site or article in a paper or through a third party that he did a charity event, or befriended someone in need, or did some other kind deed. Most people brag about what they do, but Tony Orlando never says a word . If he says anything it is to raise awareness of the plight of homeless veterans, or the need for help for those with Muscular Dystrophy.
And how many people can say they know the performer they support. I have been to countless shows, and Tony goes out of his way to have meet and greets, and won't leave utnil the last person has been seen and given as much time as the first.
Wish there was some way TMZ could put a better picture up or discuss all of the wonderful things he has done.

1991 days ago

Beth

Tony was in Baghdad today, I just wanted to tell him THANKS from my husband: His comments: (Ken Singletary, SSG)

We were sitting in one of those smaller rooms, finishing up our meals when we noticed a bit of commotion outside the other small room. Some soldier with a lot of big cameras was standing outside the room and there were some civilians coming and going from the room. We soon realized that there probably was a celebrity in the area and was about to sit in the room and eat chow. We just didn't know who the celbrity could be. So Spillman went out to ask the soldier with the camera. A few moments later I hear Spillman yell, "It's SOME GUY NAMED TONY ORLANDO!" I guess he doesn't know who Tony Orlando is but the funny part is Tony Orlando was standing right behind him when he yelled it. Tony tapped him on the shoulder and said, "I'm Tony Orlando." Spillman turned ghost white, all of the color drained from his face. Mr Orlando must have been a little bit perturbed that somebody didn't know who the heck he was. Moments later, Stephen Baldwin walked up and Tony Orlando suantered off, feelings undoubtedly hurt. Poor Tony, I think he's like 80 something now. I later explained to Spillman that Tony Orlando sang Tie a Yellow Ribbon, Knock Three Times, and had a TV variety show in the 70s. Anyway, the ribbing of Spillman for his Faux Pas has only just begun.

HAHAHAHA

I personally love Tony so XOXOXO to you if you read this -- Beth

1990 days ago

Q

Ok singer, terrible businessman...surprising as most Greeks are geniuses at business---heck, they founded Civilization as the Western World knows it today, they ought to be good at it..

He got real real real fat at one time and fans coming to see him and Dawn probably felt ripped off in Branson

2066 days ago

NRGJAMS.COM

Didn't Dawn sue him for a bunch of money?

2066 days ago

PEPSI Generation

So many times that he was in hidding untill his death.Again and again and again,DITCH -switch!!!!!

2066 days ago

99centz

he was greaT In CHico and the man

2066 days ago

PEPSI Generation

so many times they all moved over to LOST so SULLY could`nt crash into them.

2066 days ago

GFitch

I was pleased 2 b @ the AC show. T.O. (lol) & his gr8 back up band put on 1 gr8 2 hr. show

2061 days ago

Heather

Dear DaLass, he was not on Chico and the man, that was Freddie Prinze!!!!! He did a guest spot on the show, but was not the star, again that was FReddie Prinze, and they were best friends, Tony wss devastated when Prinze killed himself

2061 days ago

trooper3

You all have it all wrong. Could you have possibly found a worse picture? Tony is a wonderful man, who is very much still performing all over the country. He puts on an absolutely wonderful show, and has a great band, too. He is the most sincere, caring performer I have ever seen. Every one who sees him knows that. He does much charity work to help people and puts on a free show every year in Branson to honor the veterans. You will not find a more caring person in entertainment land. Why do you always see how bad a picture you can get of a person. Yes, he got a little heavy, but went on NutriSystem and lost 103 pounds. He is now a spokesperson for NutriSystem, too. I don't understand why everything you print has to be negative. Tony appears all over the country to sold out houses. He appears in Vegas, Florida, even just went to Malaysia. He will be performing in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. You sure got this wrong.

2061 days ago

SherriJ

Thanks Trooper3......people need to hear that about him. I've always loved him and had the pleasure of attending a couple of his shows in Branson. He was wonderful!!

2061 days ago

Kathryn K

How shallow all of you people are that are to solely judge a persons worth on his looks. This is a bad photo that someone snapped while Tony was talking. I have known Tony for over 18 years. He is a very kind person and a great performer. He still sells to sold out crowds and has reinvented his career. How many performers from the '70's are even still around. I can tell you that he is one of the most giving persons I have ever met, Too bad that many of you will never know that.
Oh, by the way....you go Jon O. I agree with all that you said!!

2046 days ago