Can You Say "Cox Mohr" Four Times Fast?

1/27/2009 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Mohr is one step closer to officially inserting Cox into his name.

Jay Mohr

Jay -- who's trying to get his wife's last name added to his own -- is required by L.A. County to have a "Proof of Publication"... meaning you have to have your new name printed in a "newspaper of general circulation" for four consecutive weeks.

That's exactly what Jay has done -- and all that's left now is a court appearance and he'll officially be Jon Ferguson Cox Mohr.

King Beef

lol. Cox Mohr.

GIANCARLO FORTI

I WONDER WHY HIS WIFE SOMETIMES WHEN SHE TALKS, SEEMS LIKE SHE CAN'T MOVE HER UPPER LIPS, TOO MUCH BOTOX PERHAPS?

99centz

and that'z how there marrige will end....she wanted mohr cox...............

Joanne

It used to be that the woman took on the man's name. It just shows the kind of "man' Jay is.. Can you spell P----whipped? Disgusting.. Shows the kind of person Nikki is, too..

Joanne

If they have any kids, they will be teased unmercifully. I guess you don't mind, though, do you, Jay and Nikki?

stephc5

Judith-

Why is it any different for a man to take on the woman's name??? Why is it that he is 'whipped' or whatever...

Are women considered 'whipped' or weak when they take the man's name?? NO! So what is the big F'en deal??

I personally don't get the need or whatever for anybody to change their name when they marry. I find it a stupid tradition but I see nothing wrong for the man taking the woman's name if they so choose to. It's not that big of a deal. Why is it expected that women do it but men get mocked if they do??

ckitty

I can't believe no one has commented on why he calls himself Jay but his real name is Jon. That makes no sense at all. And I think it's kinda stupid for him to add his wife's last name to his. If she wants to hyphenate her name that's great but I dont see why he has to change his name for no reason.

jrad247

I vote that it should be < Jon Ferguson MOHR-COX >

Seems more fitting for Jay.

Oh & Jay - Tell your wife to Phugging STOP with the lip injections already !!!!

Holy H E L L !!

JP-

Why is he adding her name anyway? And why is he adding it before his natual given last name? I'm just so confused. The only thing I can think is that he'll have some more comedy to use now. Wow -- just unheard of... and it's not like Nikki is famous like Paris Hilton or someone like that. Ridiculous Jay.

Hawkeye

I can't take this guy anymohr.

bayouman

I hope they have twins someday.

Nita and Alotta.

Nick Sunset

Wow, haven't seen him for a while he really put the weight on, looks like about 30lbs total. Makes him look 20 years older, no worries I seen his show and very soon he will have a lot of time on his hands to hit the gym.

firebaby

that is the stupidest law i've ever heard... for a guy to change his name he has to put it in the paper for 4 weeks? but not a woman, or am i missing something? who's gonna pay to run those ads anyways? lol... LA sucks...

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

2, 9, and 10. I don't think I can top 'em.

2060 days ago