« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick -- Out of the Doghouse "Any Day"

1/30/2009 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael VickMichael Vick is just days away from the sweet smell of freedom -- the kind you find at a half-way house.

Vick's lawyer told a Virginia bankruptcy judge this morning he expects Vick to be released to a halfway house "any day" -- which means he could be out from behind bars several months before the end of his 23-month prison sentence at Leavenworth.

Vick could end up serving the rest of the term in Newport News, Va.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons would not confirm the early release plans, but his lawyer seems pretty damn sure of himself.

Think he has plans for the Super Bowl?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sharona

de la Juan, you give all people of Latina descent a bad name. Take some courses in English, and perhaps you can advance from your current situation as a welfare recipient. Perhaps you can aspire to a career as a bus-boy. You make me ill.

1907 days ago

Elizabeth

I hope this piece of garbage lives the rest of his miserable life the same way his dogs did. Rot in Hell, Vick.

1907 days ago

spencer for hire

Vick should have to wear a dollar collar with a tracker. I doubt he is reformed, bad habits are hard to break. He should live his life just as his dogs did --miserable like he did to the dogs, he took advantage of. Never let him in football or any other profession of self worth.

1907 days ago

Zara

LOSER...

1907 days ago

Sprgenius9

People look ! Mike Vick is a man that made some very, very bad mistakes. I am a black man, (as if that matters) but I do not care to what racial group Vick belongs. He made mistakes, he exercised very poor judgement. I am not a bible thumper but I feel the need to quote the good book here. Let he that is without sin, cast the first stone. I've made mistakes over my life, I'm reasonably sure anyone that reads this has made a mistake or two in his or her life, and thats fine. I don't condem anyone for making a mistake, and then repenting for said mistake, I hope the readers of these comments would forgive those of us who would ask for forgiveess for mistakes made. Give this man a chance ! If he screws up again then damn him. Throw him to the proverbial dogs !(no pun intended)

1907 days ago

laubre1

To those of you that believe Michael Vick should be forgiven--think of the horrible abuse and torture that he inflicted upon those defenseless dogs (and family pets that he threw into the ring.) You need to know that abuse towards animals is indicative of a sociopath and such behavior is most often projected towards humans.This is not a "normal" person that we are talking about. Serving time in prison does not mean that he "learned his lesson." I personally do not find it in my heart to forgive him, especially when I read the rehabilitation stories of the animals taken from his property. These dogs were so scared that they could not even walk upright and slithered close to the ground, afraid that they would be attacked. Some were horribly scarred and had their teeth shaved down so that they could not even defend themselves- the "bait" dogs. After intense work, they are now loving animals,showing outward affection towards their rescuers. I think that Michael Vick should be made to work, closely monitored, in an animal shelter.

1907 days ago

Lynnette

I look forward to Michael Vick getting a chance to redeem himself and become a productive citizen. I wish him well in the NFL too! He deserves to earn a living, even after making and pying for his mistakes.

*How in the world is this a racial issue??? People of ALL races partake in animal abuse!
**How did this become political??? President Obama has as much to do with this as George Bush has to do with Charles Manson, lol....

1907 days ago

Pamela

AHHHHHHH hell, im from newport news and still live here....so did Michael. He was a p.o.s. in high school and he is an even bigger p.o.s. now. No way in hell should he come back here to live in a half way house, I don't think that I am the only one around here who realizes that his dog fighting crew were called the bad newz (our areas nickname) kennels. So you send his dumbass back here?!? Come on people.......he should be rotting right now or torn apart by some pits and rotties instead of coming to live in a half way house......Besides I dont think there are any here except city farm which wouldnt really be a half way house its more like jail for check bouncers where they get to do city maintenence... Maybe there is some downtown...oh wait exactly where Michael grew up....terrific.

1907 days ago

bcarefulwhatuwish4

Posted at 10:28PM on Jan 30th 2009 by Sprgenius9

I agree, people who make a mistake should be given a second chance.....BUT........Michael Vick did NOT make a mistake. He PURPOSELY TRAINED those dogs to be killers, and if they didn't kill, he KILLED them for not killing, by way of torture. Sad, sad world when people like Vick get off watching the dogs HE trained to kill. Mistakes are not premeditated. M Vick knew exactly what he was doing. Sorry, no sympathy here for that monster. Big man that Vick, torture and kill something that can't fight back, what's next, a girlfriend that dumps him? Our society is way to soft on people like this, Make an example of him and maybe those kind of people will get the message.

1907 days ago

meme

What about the white trash (Oh I forgot he is not white trash he has money) that ran office for 8 years, Sorry that Monkey that ran the office for 8 years was dummer then Vick will every be.
Give OBAMA a chance.
Vick will never play in the NFL again so he will be in unemmployed line like rest of the country./

1907 days ago

JackieM

He should stay in jail!!!! I hope someone does to him what he did to those dogs!!!!!

1907 days ago

kitkat

Race and religion don't matter -- when you're a sick bastard who abuses women, children or animals you're a waste of breath. I have a couple of rescued Dobermans and a Rott/Dobie cross, all formerly abused, who would LOVE to meet his ass. Its too bad that money and fame weren't enough and he had to show what he really was, a sick low-life loser all the way. I cannot believe he's changed. If anything he's probably angrier than ever and will take it out on anyone or anything he considers weaker than himself.There's a special place in hell reserved for him and all others like him.

1906 days ago

Riley

to "justsaying" you're a f****n idiot. Why would you even pull out the race card here??? It has nothing to do with anything. Has he been in jail for 10-20 years??? NO. He's not even serving the full term that was given to him! I'm SO tired of people pulling the race card when someone who's anything other than white does something STUPID and ILLEGAL and get's in trouble for it. NEWSFLASH, he broke the law and then lied about it, dumbass. He deserves whatever he gets.

1906 days ago

Billy Bob

Hey..... to all of my trailer park buddies who speak negatively...............its time we grew up and stop talking racist and downgrading our peers like Vic.............can't you see..............the more we speak.............the more trailer parks will be built for our children.........IS THIS WHAT WE WANT.??? ITS OUR TURN TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND LEAVE THE TRAILER PARK AS OTHERS HAVE LEFT THE GHETTO.

1906 days ago

Lynnette

RE: Max61 at 2:30 am

I am not in position to forgive him for anything. He's not seeking my forgiveness.

1906 days ago