« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick -- Out of the Doghouse "Any Day"

1/30/2009 4:56 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael VickMichael Vick is just days away from the sweet smell of freedom -- the kind you find at a half-way house.

Vick's lawyer told a Virginia bankruptcy judge this morning he expects Vick to be released to a halfway house "any day" -- which means he could be out from behind bars several months before the end of his 23-month prison sentence at Leavenworth.

Vick could end up serving the rest of the term in Newport News, Va.

The Federal Bureau of Prisons would not confirm the early release plans, but his lawyer seems pretty damn sure of himself.

Think he has plans for the Super Bowl?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carol E.

I think is a total P.O.S I don't understand how anyone can do that to an animal. I hope he has learned his lesson (only time will tell). Those poor animals didn't have a choice. I am an owner of this breed and they are a wonderful dog. People take advantage of thier tenacity and their willingness to please and it's a shame. Someone in his position could have done so much for this breed.

Lucy

This isn't a race issue, so all you people who say whitey is condemning him for his color, get over it! You have an African American/Caucasian president now, so get rid of all your race cards! Like Will Smith said, NO MORE EXCUSES BLACK AMERICA! No more whining about oppression and not getting a fair deal! Looks like he is getting out without being punished for his crime, so THERE YA GO! And you know, I agree with you guys. Forgive and forget. They were JUST dogs, right? Let a man treat his dogs any way he wants. And while we're on that, they should change child abuse laws too. Anyone should be able to do whatever they want with their own child. And why stop there? Just get rid of all laws, if I think someone deserves for me to take their money or kill their mother, what does that have to do with anyone but me and and THEM?
Yeah, let's not protect the innocent, lets let people like Michael Vick do whatever they want to do, because he is entitled. He is worthy of playing God with animals, women, children, senior citizens, whoever he wants, because he is MICHAEL VICK. Can anyone say AMEN?!?!?

loy

Who cares about the freaking dogs? I guess dogs are worth more than humans nowadays. Animal cruelty? get the hell out of here, LIFE CYCLE...those things God made for us to eat or to use for something enjoyable. Animal freaking rights shut the F**K up and go do something better. Waste your time and money on things that matter like helping those in need....stupid PETA

Lynnette

Lucy - post 68

Take your medication....

Max61

...............Lynnette @ 10:35 am..........Any and all people who have read about the Vick story, have to decide whether they forgive his actions or not...........Or, just read the story, put the paper down, and forget it all, because it is of no interest to them...............So, the people who have no interest in the story, will forget it tomorrow.......Those with interest, will state, for or against, one way or the other.................You want to see him play football and return to the NFL...............THAT, is forgiving..................Again, YOUR choice.................Vick is what, 27 years old?..............After this amount of time, becoming a productive citizen is highly doubtful, for several reasons..............If you, are near that age, you already know that..............

Lynnette

If my wanting Michael Vick to do well in the future is an act of forgiveness - then so-be-it.

Confused white man

Sandy

Again, I pray with all of my heart that this man does not get back into the NFL. He should not even get one bit of consideration.

VICK thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs.

As I understand it VICK hung approximately three dogs that did poorly in a rolling session, which lets you know if a dog is ready to be in combat. VICK and his accomplices hung the dogs by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They, (VICK included) also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs heads in a five gallon bucket of water and elaborately electrocuted one. It is also my understanding that Michael Vick placed family pet dogs into the ring with his trained pit bulls and laughed as the dogs caused major injury to the pets at Bad Newz Kennels.

He killed dogs that could not fight and DERIVED EXTREME PLEASURE in watching dogs get injured and/or killed. This is not a mistake. This is not something you say sorry for. You say you are sorry when you bump into someone, not when you exhibit a pattern of behavior like this. He is sorry he got caught. He didn’t all of a sudden see why torturing animals is despicable. He is sorry about not having the money and the sponsors. That is the only thing he is sorry for.

Do you defenders fail to see the atrocities of what he did. Do you not know that Jeffrey Dahmer started out with the torturing of animals and that even Vick's friends said Vick laughed and really enjoyed listening and witnessing the pain endured on these animals. This is not something like a drug problem that could potentially be fixable. There is nothing fixable or redeeming about Michael Vick. SO I REITERATE, the NFL that may consider taking Vick back will be making a mistake - It really is that simple. He never understood his actions to be wrong, so to him there was nothing to fix. He may hide or stifle his behavior, but it is still there….

romil1

53. I look forward to Michael Vick getting a chance to redeem himself and become a productive citizen. I wish him well in the NFL too! He deserves to earn a living, even after making and pying for his mistakes.
*How in the world is this a racial issue??? People of ALL races partake in animal abuse!
**How did this become political??? President Obama has as much to do with this as George Bush has to do with Charles Manson, lol....
Posted at 11:10PM on Jan 30th 2009 by Lynnette

Yes, people of all races probably do this but since this happened there have been several similar cases in the news & coincidently they all involved blacks. I guess they just haven't caught anyone else.

romil1

74. I'm white and last time I checked I wasn't "a trip." Here's some food for thought since you want to be a racist. How can 2 million black people make it into DC in 1 day when 200,000 can't make it out of New Orleans with 4 days notice? I' confused- is that what make for being "a trip?"
Posted at 3:29PM on Jan 31st 2009 by Confused white man

You have made an excellent point, confused white man. You're one of the few who is not confused at all.

Sandy

Vick does not deserve to get into the NFL. What Michael Vick did id unconscionable; however he is WITHOUT CONSCIENCE. He did not just take part in Dog Fighting, but he enjoyed the torturing and killing of animals, (our companions)! HE displays many signs of someone Sociopathic or Sadistic Personality Disorder, (two characteristics are - “Is amused by, or takes pleasure in, the psychological or physical suffering of others (including animals)” and “Is fascinated by violence, weapons, injury, or torture.”

Sociopathic profile:

Manipulative and Conning
Grandiose Sense of Self
Pathological Lying
Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt (except when he has to con people)
Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Lack of Moral Sense
Does not perceive anything is wrong with them
Lack of Guilt
Self-Centeredness
Antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of regard for the moral or legal standards in the local culture. There is a marked inability to get along with others or abide by societal rules. Individuals with this disorder are sometimes called psychopaths or sociopaths.
Since the age of around fifteen there may have been a disregard for and violation of the right's of others, those right's considered normal by the local culture, as indicated by at least three of the following:
A. Repeated acts that could lead to arrest.
B. Conning for pleasure or profit, repeated lying, or the use of aliases.
C. Failure to plan ahead or being impulsive.
D. Repeated assaults on others.
E. Reckless when it comes to their or others safety.
F. Poor work behavior or failure to honor financial obligations.
G. Rationalizing the pain they inflict on others.

Lynnette

RE: Max 61 at 3:44

We have gone through this far too many times as it is. I'm not going to try and answer for anyone else, I have no desire to.

Michael Vick committed crimes and has served his time. He has admitted that what he did was wrong. The judicial system worked. I look forward to seeing him in an NFL uniform. I wish him well in all of his future endeavors. Just like I wish you well in all of your future endeavors. I don't owe you an explanation about anything.

Sandy

Lynette, just because the judicial system followed the current laws does not mean that it entitles him back into the NFL. It is your position that "SO WHAT if VICK TORTURED and KILLED our companion dogs and laughed about it the whole time. He misled his fans and lied to everyone including Roger Goodell. Trust me that Vick’s presence in the NFL will not be tolerated by the fans!

Lynnette

**ram1**

LOL...stereotypically, black people beat and fight dogs, white people have sex with them, asians cook and eat them, and hispanics fight roosters. LMAO there is more than enough blame to go around!!

de la juan

I'm hiantian not american, so your thumb in your ass is your english!!!