Obama's Brother -- Gone to Pot

1/31/2009 11:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Obama's BrotherThe half brother of President Barack Obama has been busted for possession of marijuana ... in Kenya, and the circumstances sound weird.

Cops busted George Obama Saturday at his home. We don't know why cops went there in the first place, but he was taken into custody for marijuana possession and resisting arrest.

George -- who shares the same father with the Prez -- told CNN, "They took me from my home ... I don't know why they are charging me."

He had a grand total of one joint on him.

Barack and George have met, but barely know each other.

Dikephobic

I was wondering how long it would take some idiot to use the race card to combat Obama's critics. Wow that was fast. hahhaaa

Tamaraja

The mentality of the majority of TMZ's posters are enough to keep me off this site forever. What a bunch of idiotic morons in here. Newsflash: McCain lost a few months ago. Get over it.

another perspective

I myself am bi racial and live about 15 blocks from where my father lives. I have a brother and sister that my father had by another woman that I have never met. Every Asian in my town is somehow related to me but do not acknowledge it. I can only imagine how difficult it would be for Obama to try to forge a relationship with someone he just met. As for helping his brother, who can say if it was offered? His brother isn't like some of the losers you see on tv begging rich relatives for a handout. He states proudly that he can support himself or is at least trying to. I would think less about anyone who refused to help a family member who was down on their luck but many only ask for help when its almost too late.I think its his pride talking but do you honestly think there are so many homeless people in the U.S. that have nowhere to go? Quite a few do but refuse to "burden" their families with their problems. Look at the situation with Regis Philbin. He doesn't seem like a bad guy but his son his is wheelchair bound and nearly homeless before Regis stepped in to help because he did not know how bad off his son was. Family dynamics are complicated and George may not feel comfortable with excepting help from someone who is truly a stranger to him.

TMZSUXS

get a life. some dumb people on here act like they know obamas life. Get over it he won. If you think hes doing bad as a president then why dont u try to be the president then. Nobodys gnna agree with what he does 100% of the time. Have respect for him. If you dont then u dont have much class then.

nonny henny

OMG It's so obvious they burst into his home and arrested him because he is our presidents half brother. Does anyone else not see this?

nonny henny

We Americans are hated around the world. I lived overseas in the military and we were treated badly. It is most obvious they are going after President Obama's Brother because his brother is the President of the Free World. We are not liked. I feel for him.

NORML Supporter

This is ridiculous. I'm tired of these invective comments toward marijuana users. The drug prohibition act is a failure and hopefully Obama will do what's needed to be done. Too many people are going to prison for non-violent acts. Too many opportunities are ignored. Legalization, Yes We Can!

why?

WHY SHOULD OBAMA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYONE IN HIS FAMILY, JUST BECAUSE HE IS PRESIDENT. HE TRIED TO REACH OUT BEFORE, AND WHATEVER HAPPENED WAS THEIR BUSINESS. HOW MANY RICH PEOPLE HAVE SIBLINGS THAT THEY DO NOT PROVIDE FOR. I HAVE A BROTHER MAKING MONEY, HE ONLY BOUGHT ME 1 GIFT 13 YEARS AGO & WE WERE RAISED TOGETHER.

2099 days ago

I LOVE MY 3 CHILDREN THAT I DID NOT MURDER!!

I do not HAVE to respect B.O because he is president and I WONT.... Not because he is black (so you racists can not accuse me of that) I WILL NEVER respect anyone who thinks killing babies is okay......Especially for a no good man who believes in late term abortion....look that up and see pics and details once...and hopefully your daughter or wife never do this. Whats the difference you may as well let Kaylee Anthonys mom off, it was just a delayed late term abortion. Pregnancy, -2-3-4-5-6- years old= same thing, MURDER!!!! DO NOT TELL ME TO RESPECT A MURDERER!!!

len

Jack Herer: It certainly can cure cancer, & many other serious illnesses..as long as you are not afflicted with them. It obviously does not restore damaged brain cells.

!!

Obama is NOT obligated to provide financial assistance to EVERYONE he's related to.
I'm NOT obligated to provide financial assistance to EVERYONE I'm related to.
NO ONE posting here is obligated to provide financial assistance to EVERYONE they're related to.

His brother is a GROWN MAN, and from the article, seems like he is fine with his life and his living situation.

Oppsishitedovertherainbowtofindthepotofgold

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.

Love Those Teenage Girls

#85 -- your post pretty much sums things up. If we are going to shake every limb on BHO's family tree, rest assured there will be LOTS of things like this.

I guess the marijuana was the "Change" that Curious George Obama was looking for!

!!

The white people on this site are so BLATANTLY racist, I'm ashamed to be considered one of them.

len

Well mr pot-ato head, people go to jail for breaking the Law. Obama "needs" to address issues of greater importance & priority , than your need for a joint.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments