Appetite for Self-Destruction -- Adler Busted Again

2/1/2009 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven AdlerWe've learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns 'N Roses -- has been busted (again) on a drug charge.

Cops tell us Adler was arrested on Jan. 26th and charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance -- a misdemeanor. We don't know the exact substance.

We're told Steven was released the same day at 10:50 AM on $50,527 bail (weirdest amount we ever done seen). No court date has been set.

Adler was busted last July for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and for an outstanding warrant -- and was ordered by the court to stay at the Pasadena Recovery Center.

UPDATE: 6:22 PM ET Steven's people say he was arrested because he hadn't finished his community service in the time frame given by the judge. They say Adler went to register as a drug offender -- also court ordered -- on the 26th, when cops acted on the arrest warrant stemming from the unfinished community service. He was charged with "being under the influence of a controlled substance" because that was the original charge from his July arrest.

Steven's people want to make it clear he was not under the influence of drugs.

FED UP WITH THESE IDIOTS

OPPS....I MEAN YOU DO NOT DESERVE YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLEARLY SHE LOVES YOU AND I AM SURPRISED SHE PUTS UP WITH YOU. AS FAR AS YOUR MOM...YOUR IN THE RIGHT! LET IT GO NOW.

SwordsWoman

Poor Steven...He really needs to go to long-term rehab. It just kills me to see him suffer so badly. Guess I'll have to keep him in my prayers.

Rocket Queen

It is really discouraging that people in this day and age don't understand anything about addiction. I do wonder how much damage the stroke caused to his brain....? That might effect his ability to reason and get clean as well. Whatever, I just hope he finds the sobriety he deserves. He still has a lot of fans! Best wishes Steven!

Al

This guy's jaw moves like an electric typewriter when he talks. Ever notice that?

Just my opinion

Don't feel sorry for him anymore, he has been given plenty of opportunities to straighten his self up.
I REPEAT:::

TOO BAD SO SAD

straighten up, fly right then we'll talk..........

buck futtah

#19 Allen...that would be due to the cokestroke he had years ago. That's why he fidgits and slurs so much, well, besides his current drug use...

JJ

Sadly from watching him on Sober Living or that one show on VH1 it seems like the guy is beyond help. His mind is so far gone that I think it's past the point of no return. The drugs have so taken over his personality that even when he's sober he's not there. Steven has left the building.

winetime

I noticed too on celebrity rehab that he had mush mouth. What is that? It was like he had a real difficulty controlling his jaw..anyone know about that??

BARB

Read his Wiki page.... he had a stroke (drug induced), which is why his speech is slurred.

B. Mull

It's called oral dyskinesia. It's probably because he has no teeth, but it could also be because of psych meds (legal or otherwise). It's too bad Jen had to drop a dime on the guy, but Dr. Drew is responsible for putting his patient in a situation where he might do himself legal harm. There is a case for medical malpractice right there. Regardless, I don't expect we'll be seeing Steven back on the show.

mehh..

what a shame..
whatever the arrest was..
it is all drug-related..
dang the money he has thrown out the window over this crap..
and he will likely never get and stay clean as long as he keeps touring and being in a band..
drugs and bands go hand in hand
it is not rocket science or
nothing new..

Still I wish him well, too..sucks when a genuineky sweet soul is addicted..
Get Well, Steven!!

Buttercup321

SA needs to experince a " real " treatment center- the kind they put indegents or regular working men and women that dont have the kind of money to stay at a center that looks like a hotel in Dubi!!!! There are no pretty bedrooms, nice kitchen with lobster and such, no private bathrooms you have group three times a day - there is no sleeping in - and you have real tasks to do everyday , and there is NO saying no, there are not all the phone privs, no TV or radio ( somethings you do each day , listen to or watch , can trigger wanting to use)

The sober house is no better. The families were invited to visit the house , but the so called " recovering " people are seening the friends they hung around when they used , which is bad when you have only been in recovery 15 minutes no
one should have been shocked when SA and the other guy - Shifty (now is that a correct name for an addict or what?)went back out.

ALSO, whos bright idea was is to go to a bar/club - they might as well let them stay at the house and BRING them the dope, the woman who is the " house "monitor has not been sober that long herself, and thats why this is having such a heartbraking effect on her.

How do I feel that I know? Ive worked in treatment centers with focus on substance abuse and domestic violense for the past
16 years and frankly dont understand how DR Drew is allowing all of this crazyness go on?!?

Whew.

OK,Im done..................

EK

I am really glad to hear that it he was not under the influence when arrested. I think he has a great character, and I am really pulling for his success. If he or his reps reads these posts, I hope they will pass it on to him that people believe he can stay sober.

Rocket Queen

Yeah, I think the program is well intentioned. However, I think it is sending somewhat of the wrong message to folks. Sober House is by no means a program for hardcore users, IMO. Personally, I think they should have a non-addict house parent and an assistant house parent that has been clean for awhile just to get both sides. That sober living house is out of control.

In saying that, I hope Steven's 'people' are correct and he isn't using. That would be great! Best of luck to anyone trying to get clean/sober.

Dixie

5. wasn't this just on tv on VH1's recovery house or what ever it's called ? Or is this a new bust. On VH1 he went to some hospital or it was jail time. The woman who runs the House turned him in. He was smoking Herion in the Bathroom.

Posted at 4:53PM on Feb 1st 2009 by zyski

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Me and my sister was watching that this evening, it was the saddest thing to see. I really hope that Steven Adler gets the help he needs.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments