Appetite for Self-Destruction -- Adler Busted Again

2/1/2009 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Steven AdlerWe've learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns 'N Roses -- has been busted (again) on a drug charge.

Cops tell us Adler was arrested on Jan. 26th and charged with being under the influence of a controlled substance -- a misdemeanor. We don't know the exact substance.

We're told Steven was released the same day at 10:50 AM on $50,527 bail (weirdest amount we ever done seen). No court date has been set.

Adler was busted last July for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and for an outstanding warrant -- and was ordered by the court to stay at the Pasadena Recovery Center.

UPDATE: 6:22 PM ET Steven's people say he was arrested because he hadn't finished his community service in the time frame given by the judge. They say Adler went to register as a drug offender -- also court ordered -- on the 26th, when cops acted on the arrest warrant stemming from the unfinished community service. He was charged with "being under the influence of a controlled substance" because that was the original charge from his July arrest.

Steven's people want to make it clear he was not under the influence of drugs.

dee

I really feel that the show set them up to fail. Celeb Rehab was only 21 days. Some of them are way too far gone and need much longer treatment. Then they gave them a WEEK unsupervised before they checked into the Sober House. It seems like they are playing with their lives for ratings. I really don't know why, but watching Steven tonight really upset me. He seems like such a nice person when he is sober. I feel so bad for him.

2034 days ago

dege

Too bad for Steve, I feel for the guy, he seems like a nice cool dude when he is not using.
What these people on Celeb Rehab and Sober House need to do is take a hard look inside themselves and ask whether their actions provide themselves with any profit (health, spiritual, or otherwise).
And to those commentors who think that drug and alcohol addiction is a "disease", gimme a break. Leave the new-age, westernized "me" culture, psycho-babble out of this. Self-destructive habits are not a disease. Stating that it is a disease just enables the user to think that it was not their choice and that they had no responsibility in "getting" it. This type of behaviour is a choice. In my opinion this type of hack-psychology is demeaning to people who have real diseases.

2034 days ago

Just wondering????

If Steven was actually arrested for violating the terms of his release,,,community service,,,, was he tested for drugs in his system and what are the rsults of that test. Its my understanding that if you are released pending completion of a treatment program and community service you can be randomly tested,,, if he was found to be "dirty" will he be sent back to jail?

2034 days ago

mstjean

Unfortunately, it seems this poor soul hasn't figured it out. Money, fame, and talent don't account for anything

2034 days ago

omg!omg!

whata waste of space....
he looks a damn mess on that show ...
it looks like he got himself some bugs!

2034 days ago

Brian Peppers

He got back on drugs after sitting through "Chinese Democracy!" That album sucks.

2034 days ago

mark

@ #17: What if you had someone with cancer who lied to everyone about taking treatment and kept doing the exact same things that gave them cancer in the first place? Would you still feel badly for them? Or, after a while, would you think that they were actively choosing to continue down a path that was hurting them, and had only themselves to blame for not treating their illness properly?

Steven might be sweet at times, but he's also violent and nasty when he's under the influence, he's immature and he blames everyone else for his misfortunes. He's had twenty years and countless trips to rehab to get straight, he's had help from a lot of people and he keeps throwing it all away. How many chances are people supposed to give him? I might feel pity for him because he's in a bad way, but at this point, it's all on him.

2034 days ago

Stephen

What is amazing to me is that Steven Adler has, "people". I'm guessing that means agent / manager/ lawyer. Why? Maybe they are part of the problem. Adler is only known now because of his addiction. If he get's clean how are they going to make money? Adler needs to stay out of the spotlight and focus on SERIOUS recovery or he is going to be dead before the end of the year.

2034 days ago

Jimmy

I watched the new episode of Sober House tonight and I have to say that it is pretty tragic that he has relapsed so bad. He seemed to be doing pretty good in rehab. Hopefully he can overcome his demons.

2034 days ago

frogs and gravel

What is also bad (is that a correct sentence?) is that he gets a royalty check each month from his early days
with Guns-n-Roses for songs played on the radio etc. I have no idea how much the check is, but there will always be
a check each month for him to buy drugs with.

2033 days ago

Kankles

Addiction is a disease. Steven is in the fight for his life. I wish him well. Work the program and it will help keep the demons at bay. It is not willpower; it is work.

2033 days ago

hmmm..

"To those commentors who think that drug and alcohol addiction is a "disease", gimme a break. Leave the new-age, westernized "me" culture, psycho-babble out of this. Self-destructive habits are not a disease. Stating that it is a disease just enables the user to think that it was not their choice and that they had no responsibility in "getting" it. This type of behaviour is a choice. In my opinion this type of hack-psychology is demeaning to people who have real diseases."

EXSCUSE ME? You need to stop being so ignorant and get educated. ALCOHOLISM/ADDICTION IS A DISEASE> Look up the word "disease." I am so sick of IGNORANCE regarding this issue. SHUT THE EFF UP until you know the FACTS.

2033 days ago

ty hutley

he needs to get it together if the original Guns N Roses is going to reunite this year.

that's right, after the dismal showing of chinese, axl has no other choice.

2033 days ago

DJ

He will never get it. You would think that after seeing how much of an idiot he looks like on television he would try to change himself. That will never happen.

2033 days ago

valakg

I met Adler once and had a couple of beers with thim, coolest guy in the world, and I mean that, Getting addicted to drugs doen't make you a loser, people make mistakes in life. Some can be corrected, others like drugs, are a lot harder. It's obvious that kicking heroin isn't the easiest thing to do. So many stereotypical guys here putting out posts along the lines of: Oh what a loser, or.. screw this guy and so on. Easy for you to talk, but none of you made history by making in my opinion the best rock album ever, that's why he may be what he is but he's outstanding for what he once did, he's got to be respected for that.
His life history is unfortunate but I repeat, coolest guy in the world!, believe me!

2033 days ago