Christian Bale Rant

Bale Went Ballistic

2/2/2009 8:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

020209_christianbale
The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

Christian Bale: Launch Photos

1926 COMMENTS

Cien

Bad day or not everyone knows to leave drama at the door when you walk into work. Christian Bale just showed the world his true self, a rich stuck up movie star who acts like a spoiled brat or even an only child at best (even though he has three other siblings). It doesn’t matter who you are. NO ONE ever has the right to treat another soul in a manner as such. Lastly, KUDOS to the stage man who composed himself while being caught up in the cross fire of the spoiled and pampered Christian.

Kozmos

Well I am in the entertainment industry , and after listening to the rant , and all be it a bit unprofessional at best , as an artist , you must understand that if your trying to get into the mindset to be a convincing performer, someone doing something distracting and unprofessional that interferes with your work will upset you greatly. So not to stick up for what is obviously a rant that has gone a bit overboard, but ; the light guy screwing up a scene , and then being warned and then doing it again which is what sounds like happened can make a performer very, very angry. And he deserved to be told to cut it the hell our that he was costing money by wasting professional time , and ruining another take; in no uncertain terms. It was obvious from the dialogue that it had happened earlier as well. And his responses were not very reassuring that he wasn't going to stop the behavior and that he seemed like his attitude was not as professional as it needed to be to work on major high budget productions. It's a lot of stress ... anyway , it's just my take on what I heard, and watching everyone kinda mouth off about it made me realize that the media slant on this did not take into account the situation as a whole ( again; in my opinion) ...thanks for reading ... KOZ107 ....

rokkette

He was distracted in the middle of a scene while in character. Give the guy a break wouldn't you be a bit POed in a similar situation. The guys not a prima donna. He's human and a great actor. Give the guy a break. I love your passion Christian! I've seen worse things happen on a movie set.

Renée Wenker

First, I confess I have adored Christian Bale, for his ability as an actor to so thoroughly touch me emotionally, for he is truly gifted. I cannot think of an actor more gifted in this manner. Regarding his "blow-up", before I listened to it, I felt it was rather sad that so much is made of incidents relating to celebrities. They are NO different than any other human being on Earth, with two exceptions: 1. they are famous, and 2. because of this, it is inevitable that they tend to develop huge egos and fall into the trap of making morally, socially and self-destructive choices. THEN, I listened to the tape, and had to admit, my eyes widened in shock, and my hand flew to my mouth in disbelief. Boy, he REALLY lost it. However, despite my shock, I realized....he is human, just as we are, and vulnerable to making mistakes just as we all are. More so, in fact, because of the strain such a career puts a person under. I ask all who have judged his outburst, as harsh as it was, who are YOU to pass judgment upon him? There is not a single person alive who has not been ashamed of making some horrible mistake, or acted in a way that they regret. The most important thing is....is Christian (or any human being) truly shamed and sorry by their unacceptable behavior? His apology, to me, indicates he is, for it (I believe) is sincere. I still adore him, though this adoration is limited to his professional gift, as I do not know much of him personally. (I WISH I did!) So, my opinion is....leave the famous alone and allow them the right of privacy we are all entitled to, and most of all, consider these words" "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Renée

Realist

I've said worse on the occassional bad day, and heard worse on other's bad day. That's life. The media and all the i-cant-believe-this-high-and-mighty-folks should just wax their collective halo and move on.

Plus, "Shane" (or whatever his name was) seemed to be egging it on --- he should have just shut his mouth and walked away.

Kate

Right on! I want to see another kick ass Terminator and I know Bale can bring it! Stay out of his f'n way!!!!

Texas Terry

Well I guess he did whoop and momma and his sisters asses last year.

Ron M

Bale was 100% right. When on set you completely STFU and be still while the camera's rolling. Especially if you're in the talent's view and it's distracting. People are trying to be in character, remember lines etc.......If you goof around twice, you have it coming.

lily

I think he has a right to be upset because that guy was not listening and was not doing what he should've been doing. I agree he didn't need to say f*** quite so much. My point is that we ALL say things in anger that we regret and Mr.Bale has appologized for his actions. Besides, who among us hasn't felt like yelling at a coworker who isn't doing their job. I know I sure the f*** have :)

Matt Sersion

I have been in the Industry for over 10 years now. I have also been a DP on a couple of Films. 90% of actors are self centered imbeciles. He is so full of himself it makes me sick to my stomach. I am embarassed for Hollywood. I am sorry that G was too much of a Dousche to stand up for his DP. The DP and everyone else behind the scenes are the ones making Bale his fortune and undeserving fame. I wish he wasn't the prick in the next Terminator or I would boycott every one of his future films. I heard he punched his Mother a week before this recent blowup. What a piece of $#!^.

Bonton

Although the receiving end of this was not pleasant--so what....I'm sure he has apologized to the guy by now and really shame on whoever thought it appropriate to give it to the media-that person has less integrity than Christian does....this could have happened to anyone in the world if you think about it...how many times have we ourselves maybe went off a little or alot-how humiliating would it be if the whole world saw us making an ass out of ourselves? And that there is it, Christan Bale was unfortunately caught on tape doing it.....I dont think its a big deal.....I still like him and I will still watch his movies.

cyberiansurfer

I guess he is proving he really is an "american psycho"

Justwhenyouthinkyou'veseenitall

Christian Bale is a nobody. Talk about a toxic ego.
It's laughable. This immature boy is an "actor" - not a stateman,
teacher, nurse, heart surgeon, fireman or any profession that contributes to society.
Bale is in the biz to make money, so forget his toxic whining about his "art."
Christian Bale is a joke.

ahole commenter

Cocaine is a Helluva Drug !

TheKaneTrain

lmao i guess none of you have ever flipped out over something stupid before. that rant was awesome and im sure it made everyones day better cept his and the guy he yelled at.

Previous 15 Comments | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments