Christian Bale Rant

Bale Went Ballistic

2/2/2009 8:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

020209_christianbale
The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

Christian Bale: Launch Photos

1926 COMMENTS

John

I can't believe it took this long for bale's melt down to be aired. Anyway, I totally understand where he is coming from. Being a surgeon, i had situations where team members have acted less than professional in critical settings, and trust me I reacted in the same manner or worst. Bale is a great actor and professional. He deserves the same from those who support him. The DP should have known better. I must say there have been times i literally through team members out of the OR room. "Good work batman", and keep those movies coming.

2080 days ago

lengthycobra

i find it kind of pathetic at best for anyone to say im saving my money or not seeing any of his movies again because he went off on someone 1 year ago

if it was such a big deal i ask why has it waited this long to surface? I dont exactly agree with tom cruise and his religion or antics, regardless i love his films. And if the general public found out what every celebrity be it actor, athlete or pop star said about their adoring fans, they wouldn't have a fan base.

oh well ill be enjoying t4 just means less people i gota fight for a seat.

2080 days ago

MMM

What a stupid idiot!! Will NEVER see a piece of crap of a show he is ever in!!! Come on hollywood, wake up!! Any momma pushing people abuser should never work in this field!! We want people who we admire ..not jack asses this this jerk!!!

2080 days ago

MuseMan88

first off, I'm not sure how Bale will be portraying John Connors in the movie, but he makes a good point...
If he's gonna try to get into character the way he wants to, then he can't have people strolling around on set thinking they're doing something important when really they're distracting actors who are trying to put their heads into a different world for a few moments. I think the "freak-out" incident may have been a little harsh, but if Bale's gonna be in character, then after a scene cuts he can't just go back to being happy old Christian Bale who's got millions and is adored around the globe....no, he's gotta stay psyched, and he's gotta be in that same world all the time. This wasn't Christian Bale we were hearing...it was John Connors. If any of you have ever been worked up with such emotion in your lives, then you'd know what I mean when I say it's hard to immediately come down from such an adrenaline rush...and this audio is from directly after a scene. I mean, what do you expect?! Come on, this is just evidence that Bale is allowing himself to be absorbed by his character (not absorbed by himeself...), and I think this is gonna be one of his best performances. So all you who say you're never gonna see another Bale movie, I say "good." Cus I'm gonna be there at midnight on opening night, and I don't want any biggots there bothering me with your pretentious theories on another man's life. Go take a shower or something.

2080 days ago

MarkB

What a little b*tch- Doesn't he realize this is T4- Dark Knight was great, Ledger was great- anyone could've
played Batman for Godsake- He's picking up everyone's scraps- What next "Scorcher 8" - He should have
been fed to the dragons in Reign of Fire-

2080 days ago

smokeshaq

sounds like bale was high on coke! totally aggressive and not able to calm down...

2080 days ago

john

WOW, Christian F-ing Bale, what a f-ing primadonna. He must be on f-ing drugs, man, f-ing seriously. f-ing nuts, dude.

2080 days ago

john

Cocaine

2080 days ago

Huh?

OMG, he truly is an "American Psycho".

2080 days ago

CHARLIE

That director sounds like a retard who doesn't know wut he's doing. Bale doesn't sound irrational at all. Does anyone know what actually happened? If he's trying to stay focused on a scene and the guy who's supposed to be the almighty director isn't smart enough to stay off the f**kin set, he shouldn't be directing a movie. He obviously doesn't know how to work with actors either, like Bale said. I think everyone here is jumping on the banwagon for "F**k celebrities that don't do what we want". He's a person, and someone pissed him off. Someone who probably deserved it. Christian Bale keeps it real, and takes his job seriously. So quit talking sh*t.

2080 days ago

Flash2004

So many of the people commenting on this incident have no idea what it takes to really succeed at the highest levels in the modern world. It takes - among a lot of other things - the ability to generate absolute focus on the task. Christian obviously has it, the other guy obviously doesn't or didn't at the time and the two clashed. I can understand it completely and I believe any winner would.

2079 days ago

SADISTICO

I THINK THIS IS GREAT, AND FUNNY!!! I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE VIDEOTAPED THE WHOLE THING AND POSTED IT IN YOUTUBE. I WOULD HAVE LAUGHED MY AS OFF!

2079 days ago

Phoenixromero

I LOVE IT WAY TO GO CHRISTIAN I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME > YOUR PUTTING EMOTION IN A SCENE AND YOUR DP F%^&ING UP FOR YOU OVER SUM LIGHTS . THE DIRCTOR SHOULD HAVE CALLED CUT AND AND LET HIM ADJUST THE LIGHTS BUT DONT WALK IN HIS SCENE WHILE HES PERFORMING. WTG CHRISTIAN

2079 days ago

River d'Spam

Way to scuttle a movie's ticket sales before it even goes out. A lot of people refuse to pony up $10 to see Tom Cruise or Russell Crowe at theatre because they don't like lining the pockets of some arrogant ass who wouldn't give them the time of day. Welcome to the club, Christian; we've made a jacket just for you.

2079 days ago

NefariousBIG

Hahaha the best part is that he keeps flipping between a British and an American accent!

2079 days ago
Previous 15 Comments | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments