Christian Bale Rant

Bale Went Ballistic

2/2/2009 8:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

020209_christianbale
The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

Christian Bale: Launch Photos

1926 COMMENTS

deadlyvillain

everyone that still has a problem with christian bale's outburst. Stick to Tom Cruise movies, he's the only one in Hollywood films you can be sure wouldn't use such vulgar language. The worst you can expect from him is.. You know what you're the BIGGEST JERK IN THE WHOLE GOSH DARN PLANET, NO, YOU KNOW WHAT MAKE THAT THE WHOLE UNIVERSE, there are others out there I'm telling you. So stick to his movie people still complaining cause Christian may have been made example out of it but i guarantee he isn't the first person to flip out on set with how emotional all actors get, That's why their marriages never work out.

1957 days ago

allan dk

"hey.. it's f****** distracting"

I must add to my earlier comments, that I still enjoy Christian Bale as an actor. This major outburst is something that could have happened to everyone possessing a temper or commitment to the job.
And no, Cesar, you are not the only one laughing. If I have a bad day, I just take a stop on tmz and listen to the madness - and no matter what, I can't keep from smiling when I hear it.
To all of you saying "I don't wanna see any more of his films (buhhuhhuu)" (I added the buhhuuhu-part): imagine a Terminator 4 with an energy-packed Bale in centre! The film concept is propably on the verge of being a mistake, however, having heard this commitment (with all that excessive energy from Bale) it must be.. well.. f****** good.

"I'm not asking, I'm telling you" :-)

1956 days ago

rebeccaw

Ok people! Christian has admitted that he screwed up about 4 billion times now...and apologized to the DP right after it happened!!! He admitted to blowing his cool due to some stress. Who, honestly, has not blown off steam before in that manner...and then regretted it afterwords?? ...don't lie! You all just weren't audio-taped doing it!! The DP got over it by the end of THAT day....Why can't all you hotheads do the same? FYI...Christian is one of the greatest actors there has ever been...or ever WILL BE! That's why he blew up at the guy to begin with...because he was so in tune with his character at that moment....according to sources! We tend to forget that actors are also...um, I don't know...PEOPLE TOO...and WILL make mistakes! So, unless you're PERFECT...SHUT-UP already about it!!!!! See you in T4 Christian:) Can't wait!!!!!

1955 days ago

rebeccaw

Thank-you IAN ...I just knew someone was on the same page as me about Mr. Bale. He is an incredible actor! And the accent thing is awesome. The guy, in my opinion, is a freaking genius and I hope he NEVER stops making movies. I'm still waiting for Equilibrium 2. I hope some gets the bright idea to make it...but only if CB plays Preston:o) THX

1955 days ago

99centz

FIRST!IM SO FAST IM MAKING ME DIZZY

1987 days ago

PEPSI Generation

They all think that they are making ART not mooka

1987 days ago

NUNYA

TYPICAL "CELEBRITY" SO WRAPPED UP IN THEIR FANTASY WORLD...IT'S NOT REALITY IDIOTS! CHRISTIAN BALE LOST ALL THE RESPECT I HAD FOR HIM (WHICH WASN'T MUCH TO BEGIN WITH) I'LL NEVER SEE ANOTHER MOVIE HE'S IN AGAIN AND I'LL BE SHOWING THIS TO EVERYONE I KNOW. SUCH A DIVA! I LOVE HOW HE JUST CARRIES ON AND ON FOREVER...GET OVER IT WIMP!

1987 days ago

Todd Lee

this a-hole has a huge ego...just because he was in Dark Knight and it won awards, he thinks hes better then anyone else..F' HIM!!!

1987 days ago

99centz

Hey,hes a artist!They should have known better!

1987 days ago

Christine

tofastforyou....you're stupid!

you're not even first half the time!

get a job or a new hobby, seriously!

1987 days ago

Who Caresss!!!

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

ROTFL!!! Since when does TMZ warn about graphic language? Haha.

1987 days ago

MM

Does the director, producer, etc have to put up with his crap? As an actor, he could be finished tomorrow - what goes around comes around....

1987 days ago

hpergrl

Do you F**#* think he F*$&!($ said F^$**(@ e-F)$**(-nough? Love the part at the end where he tell the man he is a "Nice Guy." Good job F$^*&@^ Douche!

1987 days ago

Gainer

This is a perfect example of actors in Hollywood thinking they are above everyone else...it's sad because before this outburst I actually like Christian Bale. Now I don't...

1987 days ago

Carrys F.

I don't get why this is a problem? Yes, he dropped alot of f bombs, but the dude RUINED a scene and they had to refilm it. That costs money, time, and it's an insult to the talent to have some no-name, disrespectful jerk ruining the movie. Personally, I think (except for the swearin) he was right to be upset. But, the director should have handled it - maybe after the first time he did that. Did anyone LISTEN to it? The jerk he's yelling at is not even sorry for ruining the scene. GO CHRISTIAN!!!

1987 days ago