Christian Bale Rant

Bale Went Ballistic

2/2/2009 8:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WARNING: THIS AUDIO CONTAINS GRAPHIC LANGUAGE

You may remember that Christian Bale went nuts on the set of "Terminator Salvation" a few months back, threatening to stop production and beat some serious ass.

020209_christianbale
The incident was audiotaped, and it's amazing. It happened on the set after a director of photography accidentally ruined a scene by walking onto the set. Bale lost it, screaming, yelling and threatening to quit if the bosses didn't fire the dude.

Film execs sent the tape to the insurance company that insured the film in case Bale bailed.

Christian Bale: Launch Photos

1926 COMMENTS

TwilightSequel.com

If anyone EVER talked to me like, I would have knocked his teeth into the back of his throat, I think that would have shut him up? I mean really, who does he think he is?? He is a DECENT actor at best......... truely pathetic!

Melissa B

What a D IC K!! I really dont know who he is except that he was in the Dark Knight (which I still haven't seen) but I will NEVER see one of his movies! What a jerk! He is so mean! He just carries it on and on and on and I bet his wife LOVES being married to that kind of man! I can only imagine what their arguments are like! JERK!!

PFE

I'm with Bale on this one. Incompetency is always getting rewarded. Time to call it out.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

He probably partied too hard the night before and was coming down from meth, sounds like a meth rant to me. I should know I did it back in teh day. I only say that cause it seems like all of hollywood is on drugs, of course i know people have mood swings without drugs. But damn, these hollywood people seem to dabble in coke all the time and maybe even meth too. And plus he sounds really ill , more than just a mood swing. So he either really is mentally ill with anger issues or he was coming off something like coke or meth. He needed another fix and he was tired cause he didn't sleep all night!

Pieces

Um, yeah.....what a douche.
I wouldn't want to work with him. Get over yourself!

Sencho

Oy.

Well, I've never been a fan of Christian Bale's anyway, and hearing this arrogant tirade convinces me I've been correct for avoiding watching most of his movies. Now I know to continue to pass on his future projects, too. I might not know what it means "to work with an actor," but I do know how to keep my money out of one's pockets.

lucrislo

I was hoping the guy would've shoved one of his lights up Bale's ass

Bored out of My Mind

STERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROIDS. All actors do them, some just cant control their shiznit. If he was that ripped without taking steroids he would be a world class athlete not a world class actor douche. Think about it.

scottsdale

wow.. what a huge turn off. ill think twice about seeing his next movie. kinda hard to forget hearing that. felt bad for the guy on the receiving end of that. Bale just ended up making a huge ass of himself. clearly making up for some shortcoming in his life

Liz

Sounds like Bale needs to lay off the medication!

bay area girl

honestly it sounds like he was justified in yelling at him, glad i wasn't there uncomfortable....eeeks

FLTom

Some people are driven, self-absorbed, perfectionist, fearless in confrontation, their minds roiled and fevered under pressure, their work ethic prodigious and their work product usually above standard IF they have talent, and quite often they do. Many of this type are artists, but not all. They lead miserable lives until late middle age, when for some lucky ones a light goes on and they realize what fools they've been. I don't envy any of them, nor would I want to trade my own placid persnoality for theirs even if one-in-a-billion talent or ability came with it.

duse

and people why Dark Knight wasn't recognized by the Academy. C. Bale has been one of the biggest pricks in Hollywood for years, an absolute nightmare to work with and, most of the time, just not worth the effort. It's not uncommon for Directors and other actors to reconsider taking a project if he's attached.

If he had talent, it'd be one thing. But the dude's shelf life is almost up. He's beginning to stink like last month's cheese and there are lots of other pretty boys with less ego and without the temper tantrums to replace him.

I give him five years before he's a trivia question.

huh

I wonder why everyone thinks he's some kind of diva. If you listened
to the audio, Bale said this wasn't the first time the dude (DP) walked through the set during filming. I'm sure he has A
LOT of stress and pressure to perform and if someone walked through a
live set on more than one occasion it would be upsetting for anyone.
Who's leaking the audio anyway??? Now he's the real jerk.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

MF is gonna kick your azzes!