Artist Sues Diddy for Tapping His Glass

2/3/2009 4:18 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

P-DiddyDiddy's been accused of stealing any number of things, but this is a first: An artist says the rapper's "Unforgivable" cologne bottle stinks because it's just like a sculpture he did.

Tom Patti filed a lawsuit last week in Federal court against P.D. and his company, alleging he ripped off the glass cradle of "Unforgivable" (below right) from his design called "Modulated Solar Airframe" (below left).

Yes, both are glass bottles with ribbing and a receptacle. Yes, this bottle of cologne comes with a glass cradle. The artist wants unspecified damages.

Diddy's people declined to comment.

Queer1

P-Diddy never had one ounce of originality. He deserves to be sued.

2056 days ago

romil1

Is this surprising to anyone? Puff Daddy, excuse me, Puffy, excuse me, Diddy, cannot do anything original. One of the most talentless jerks out there.
Posted at 9:36AM on Feb 3rd 2009 by SickfofTMZ

Who would want to smell like Diddy?

2056 days ago

Gordo

When has Pdid done anything original? Isn't most of his music sampled from other songs anyway? The bottles look pretty similar.

2056 days ago

diana

Once a thief, always a thief!

2056 days ago

john

gee whiz.. a whole lotta people do NOT like Diddy here!!

Well, ya know what???? I'M ONE OF EM'!!! Never could stand this fake, not talent poser!! He, and any other rappers, that take ORIGINAL songs (Every Breath You Take) and RAPTIZE them makes me SICK!!

His ego and arogance on right on boards with the likes of Kanye West.. I could care less for either of these morons!! My biggest problem with them both- is their obvious RACIST views on EVERYTHING!! Their racist PIGS... and I hope karma comes into their lives with a vengeance!!!

2056 days ago

Oppsishitedovertherainbowtofindthepotofgold

P Diddy,Puff Daddy, Diddy, Sean Diddy,Sean Puffy Combs, Sean John Combs,Combs of puffs, Puffs of Balls, Balls Of Diddy, Whatever the Heck his name is...he is a Blooming fraud! He is not original never has been never will be.He stole it bottom line.This is not the first time he has done something like this. I say off with his head take the Thug trash fake wanna be business man suit,and tie to court. Please discard this no talentless ruffian.

2054 days ago