"T4" Producer -- Bale's Tantrum Was No Biggie

2/3/2009 4:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to listenIt turns out Christian Bale's expletive-filled, volcanic explosion on the set of "Terminator Salvation" was a "non-event"... according to a guy who wasn't the brunt of Bale's tirade.

Bruce Franklin -- assistant director and associate producer on the film -- told us "Christian is a method actor and was completely immersed in his scene ... his reaction was from the heat of the moment."

The target of Bale's attack -- a director of photography named Shane Hurlbut -- was not fired from the movie, despite Christian's threat that if Shane screwed up one more time, he should be kicked to the curb.

Franklin said Bale was under a lot of pressure because of his crazy "Dark Knight" promotion schedule, and that the crew -- Hurlbut included -- ended up shooting for another seven hours.

K

I wonder if he kisses his mother with that mouth....oh wait, he doesn't because he verbally abused her too and now she's suing him for assault. What a piece of sh*t. This is just another example of an actor with an over inflated ego who thinks he can get away with this behavior. Karma's a bitc* baby. You'll get what's coming.

mamaJ

Get over yourself, Batman... The guy deserves a blanket party.

Diana Londerville

I love the Terminator movies, but this actor has really ruined it for me. I wouldn't contribute any money to any movie that tolerated behavior like that. No one should have to be talked to like that at any job for making a mistake. I think the moran got it wrong calling the guy unprofessional. He should rethink who is being unprofessional. I probably should spell it out since that actor doesn't have the sense to see beyond his own nose. Christian Bale you are unprofessional and obviously have emotional problems that need to be addressed. You should direct all that foul language at yourself for being such a jerk!!!

Robyben1980@yahoo.com

This is nothing! Bette Davis, famous for her tantrums in the 1940s would laugh at this!

Reg

Get a life Hale Bale. There is no excuse for anyone to talk to another co-worker or any other person like C.B. did. I don't know where you work but in civilized societies we don't talk to others like that. Method actor! Whatever. GuesS what H.B. the next time you make a mistake, imagine how you'd feel if the person/s who was/were affected by your made talked to you like that!

A_Voice_Heard

Christian Bale's tangent was totally uncalled for. If it were me that he were yelling and cursing at in such a manner, I would have punched him in the face, seriously! I understand the guy made a mistake by walking in during a scene, however, how can Christian preach to him about being professional when he himself behaved in a very unprofessional manner? I am under a lot of pressure as well with the death of my son's father but I am not treating people according to the way I feel. Either he is on serious illegal drugs or he needs to be legally medicated. None-the-less, he needs to publicly apologize for his indecent exposure.

Leota

Yea, and I know a lot of "method actors" just like this one. A jerk is a jerk is a jerk. Oh, wait, maybe it's a "method jerk?" ♥

vic

All I can say is that DP was the one being professional. I would have kick the leaving hell out Bale in front of the whole crew!

Cinister

C'mon. Don't tell me that none of you ever worked with that ONE idiot who just doesn't get it. I realize the economy has you all freaked out, but don't take it out on Christian Bale. You also have no idea the pressures that go with a million dollar paycheck. Working on two and three projects at one time and your money is also invested in the project. Know how Hollywood works and you will understand.

aleph12003

Why is anyone with half a brain defending this behavior. CHOP HIS NUTS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pie

Assistant director and associate producer on the film -- told us "Christian is a method actor and was completely immersed in his scene." However, as Christian Bale states: "My mind is not in the scene if you are doing that." Referring to Shane Hurlbut walking in the scene. So when Christian called Hurlbut a "prick" he must have meant it.

Bruce Franklin -- assistant director and associate producer "Terminator Salvation." has an investment to recover on, and naturally claimed this outburst by Bale as a non-event. Bruce should have docked Christian a million dollars for the outburst, or fired him on the set. Instead, damage control. - Christian was in the scene as if he was some brainwashed zombie berating, and embarrassing Shane. - Boycott "Terminator Salvation."

jay

What a loser, sounds like the unprofessional one was the one in front of the camera. Definitely would not pay to see that amateur baby's movie (maybe after he grows up).

BeachBumBob

"Holly Potty Mouth Batman" I hate to see him when he really gets mad. Alfred has done a poor job teaching master Bruce some language manners. I was yelling out the same kind of language the other day, after I rented some of his past movies and seeing / realizing what a sh*ty actor he really is. He better wear that bat-cowel for as long as he can and save those paychecks. I hope his next movie tanks. Heard the next title of his new Batman Movie is "The Vacant Theaters" I would have loved to see him yell at one of the "Teamsters" movie truck drivers that way, he have to call that
1-800-DENTIST Hotline to get his teeth fixed. Now that's a movie I would go see!

Richard

Christian is TOTALLY justified is going off. The set is "his office" and he's working and when people are screwing around when your in the zone...it upsetting. Tells me that Christian cares...I'll see this movie just like all of his movies.

Jim G

I cannot believe what a jerk he is. I love it when people think so much of themselves. Could he be any more arrogant and full of himself? I will never see another one of his movies.