"T4" Producer -- Bale's Tantrum Was No Biggie

2/3/2009 4:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to listenIt turns out Christian Bale's expletive-filled, volcanic explosion on the set of "Terminator Salvation" was a "non-event"... according to a guy who wasn't the brunt of Bale's tirade.

Bruce Franklin -- assistant director and associate producer on the film -- told us "Christian is a method actor and was completely immersed in his scene ... his reaction was from the heat of the moment."

The target of Bale's attack -- a director of photography named Shane Hurlbut -- was not fired from the movie, despite Christian's threat that if Shane screwed up one more time, he should be kicked to the curb.

Franklin said Bale was under a lot of pressure because of his crazy "Dark Knight" promotion schedule, and that the crew -- Hurlbut included -- ended up shooting for another seven hours.

moviedude

I was there when that happened, it was a sight to behold. The DP yelled at everybody on the set, so I guess it was Shanes time to get it back. Payback is a B....

AJ

It seems he has only gone to one f@#! school...that only taught one f#@! word.

Frank Olivo

80. AND FINALLY... wouldn't the world be a better place if actors could just do their jobs without being tabloid fodder. Some jackass says he can't separate the pretend movie from the whacky actor... If ONLY we had audio tapes of how our dentist treats his kids... or how our mailman talks to his wife... or how our boss ignores his pets... then wouldn't the world be a better place, filled with all the boycotts one can muster. ah, people... aren't they lovely.

Posted at 2:59PM on Feb 3rd 2009 by MattC
______________________________________________________________________________________________
#80, Matt C. you are the jackass. If an actor's private life and the way he comports himself overshadows his character as a actor...I will use my capitalist choice to buy or not buy a ticket, that is my choice ...others can do the same....love the freedom we still have in the USA.

Secondly, your analogies to a dentist, mailman etc, are incongruent. The comparison would be if my dentist berated his hygenist/receptionist, how would that be viewed. I have no idea how Bale acts with his family....I could make a very educated guess on that though too. If my dentist, postman, whoever choose not to act professional with coworkers or subordinates, I would just take my money elsewhere...again, I love the free market...for however long it may continue.

SusiQ

What a jerk!!!! I won't ever, EVER see anything his behind is in again. And I would have kicked his butt big time. I have always thought he was weird but now I know he is rude, arrogant and a jackass. If he held a real world job and he pulled that garbage, he would have been so fired and the other guy would have given him a , in the words of Will Smith from Wild, Wild West, butt whoopin'. Grow up Bales, The world doesn't revovle around you. And for the people defending him, like he cares. All he sees is money and stardom. I think Micheal Keaton was a much better Batman anyway. 2 thumbs down to Bales. JERK!!

Vicky

What a nasty bad temper! We are so put off by him that we'll make a point of never seeing his movies!

C

Good god you guys are idiots. Really, NONE of you has EVER lost your temper and yelled at someone? Well, then, either you're a saint or a liar. This happened months ago and I'd bet a millior dollars he has already apologized to the man. I mean, really, a PUBLIC apology is needed?! Who in the hell has ever got mad, yelled at someone, and then put an ad in the newspaper apologizing? NO - you go to the guy, say sorry, and that's the end of it. It's between them and I'm sure they resolved it a long time ago. And so what if he's a big actor and has millions? Jealous much? He's still human and we ALL do something we wish we hadn't sometimes.

Holly

Hey, you know what, i'm not an actor, i dont know what kind of stress a 16hr day might do to me. And to keep havin to repeat a scene where some guy just isn't thinking might piss me off too. I wasn't there. but really who cares. I personally wouldn't flip like that. But I've never been under that much stress. Its hard work. People shouldn't be so quick to judge. I still really love Chrisitans work. Hes a great actor and I cant wait to see T4!

aldeja

Rudeness is unexceptable no matter what, especially in a working enviroment. Just because you dont make 5-10 million dollars a movie does not mean you should have to deal with this kind of treatment. Bale was a jerk and should really think about who was really acting professional here. I will most likely see the movie because I am a movie buff, but I can say that Bale has lost my respect which most likely wont matter to him who respects him as an actor or not he is rich and people will allow him to a butt turd.

F1uke

Well I ain't going to see this movie now. If CB got the guy fired for an honest mistake (after he said sorry) then he needs anger management classes. Normal folks don't get to abuse fellow workers like that and keep their jobs.

He should make a public apology for his behaviour.

Shaun

Bale is a true ass.

Blueeyes

It's as deplorable as his acting. This guy has got to think he is set apart from everyone else, little does he get that tomorrow his name will be forgotten easily and so will he. It's all about him-who wants this guy to acquire tens of thouands of our movie savy public's money.. not mine, won't go! Get a little class or is that something that is not acquired but one is born with it? He needs to apologize with his pocket book to this guy.

A Filmmaker

GO BALE, I have worked on many films and you don't wander around actors rehearsing. Unless you're TRYING TO MESS with your actors, which is cause for dismissal. By the way, sound guys on that set, letting this audio out will affect your job opportunities in the future. FIRE THE SOUND MEN ON T4. There are plenty of qualified pros out there that will not let audio like this leak. Stuff like this happens very often. jeez people.

Mary Jane

I think he's a good candidate for Tool Academy 2.

laraloveslifehouse

OMG, I have so much more respect for him now!!!! He did not do anything wrong. Just think about how much pressure these people are under to try and get it right and stay in character........so he had a bad day.......let it go already...I'm sure he has!! I would be pissed off if I was in a Terminator movie too!

SWN

What a jerk. Talk about UNprofessional. If the guy blew your scene then regroup and go again. Or talk to the man like a human. Not like an overemotional child. Such a big man like Bale needs to get over himself. He is good but he is not so good that he can be a freak'n DIVA. You are just another actor. You can be replaced very easily. In 3 years people will not care about you. There have been many great actors who get lost in the shuffel.

So man up, grow a pair and act your age little boy Bale. Threatening a co-worker shows your uneducated lack of social graced roots. Go back to the streets and crawl into a gutter where your attitude belongs. Society doesn't need an over macho ignorant blow hard like yourself. IF you can't keep your attitude in check then you shouldn't run with the big boys. Put on your diapers and cry to somebody who will give a crap.