Etta James to Beyoncé:

I'll Whoop Your Ass!

2/4/2009 8:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Etta Goes Off: Click to listenThis is not a joke: 71-year-old Etta James actually threatened to beat the crap out of Beyoncé Knowles -- and it's caught all on tape!

The war is all over Etta's song, "At Last " -- Beyoncé sang the tune at Obama's 1st Inauguration Ball on Jan. 20th ... but last week at a concert in Seattle, James was still pissed.

While on stage, Etta told the crowd, "Your President, the one with the big ears ... he had that woman singing my song. She gone get her ass whipped."

She continued, "The great Beyoncé ... I can't stand Beyoncé," according to audio from Crown City Media.

Ironically Etta didn't kick up this sorta fuss when Beyoncé portrayed her in "Cadillac Records."

Reps for Beyoncé had no comment.

Tiffy

David #94, there is nothing "ghetto" about either of these women who outclass, outshine, and have more wealth and success than you. The word "Ghetto" is just the new "N" Word, used by the likes of you to denigrate black women. You can go back to the fifties, the days of segregation, lynching if you want. Hopefully when you die (which will be real soon), your personal hell will be a birth into those days as a young black man. Let's see you long for the "fifties" then you redneck.

Tiffy

I agree, Misty #92. I have lost all respect for Etta. Beyonce has an incredible voice. But of course, in America, black women are hated , let's just be honest here. So the society we live in isn't going to let a successful young black woman go acknowledged without trying to degrade or belittle her even as they thrust her upon a pedastal.

A shame as many black women hate beyonce as the rest of America.

Eileen Gatti

My money is on Etta.. Her voice can not be surpassed. Beyonce is over-rated and we are so oversaturated with her. Etta is gold. She should have sung to the president.

Tiffy

One more thought on this... so many people hate beyonce, it irritates me. She lavished so much praised on that woman at that VH1 special and for Etta to turn around and trash her like that.

People just don't want black women to have anything in this country. They take no talents like Paris, Kim Kardashian, the girls on the HILLS and put them on a pedastal but a talented young woman who is respectful to everyone try to tear her down at every turn. Makes me sick of this country.

SHOE SALESMAN AL BONDY

HURRY UP , SEND MS. ETTA TO CHINA IMMEDIATELY BEFORE SHE SAYS : " YOUR PRESIDENT , THE ONE WITH THE BIG EARS . " AGAIN ..............................

mooom

didnt etta james die this last november

Leigh James

Typical Beyonce - singing other people's songs because she has no unique thoughts. All of her hits have been written by other people while she tries to take creative credit; now she's gotta move on to try and take the songs of legends -- too bad she'll never be one.

Tasha

Etta you're amazing and I love your music but SERIOUSLY get over yourself!!!!!

oprah

Hey Etta! guess what? we have two things in common:

-He ain't my president neither
-I can't stand that bitch called Beyonce

2031 days ago

wasted days and wasted nights

Etta is showin' some serious DISrespect.

Terry

Etta James' calm down, she didnt come close to singing your song.
Her version just didnt have the soul into it and I thought it to fast.
Had to get the one with the big ears off the floor I guess

my thoughts

#105 Correction...
He is the President of the United States of America ....deal with it!
and if you can't ... leave! we do not need your kind here..
Americans need to come together with peace and without hatred/ ignorance
the US is in a state of crisis as it is ...without having idiots like you taking up space.

babblepfish

GOOD FOR ETTA! I can't stand Beyonce either.

Ana Banana

ha, that was epic.

defcon5ive

lol...yesss....I personally cannot stand beyonce, or i as i call her screamonce, either. Sing your own garbage. Please do not go and cover a song you know damn well you shouldnt be singing.