« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kellogg to Phelps

Bong Hits Aren't Grrrrreat!

2/5/2009 9:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael PhelpsApparently the taste of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes are not supposed to bring out the pothead in you -- because the company is officially kicking Michael Phelps to the curb.

After the bong shots surfaced, Kellogg was none too happy with their spokes-dolphin, and have just released the following statement: "We originally built the relationship with Michael, as well as the other Olympic athletes, to support our association with the U.S. Olympic team. Michael's most recent behavior is not consistent with the image of Kellogg. His contract expires at the end of February and we have made a decision not to extend his contract."

Interesting move ... considering Frosted Flakes are great for the munchies.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wtf

I will being buying Frosted Flakes. There are no morals or values anymore and we wonder why the kids today are out of control. Linda Blair lost her career over a RUMOR that she did drugs. I have zero respect for any advertisers that put money in their pocket over being a contributer to sending young kids a positive message.

My son is 19 and he asked me how anyone can justify saying drugs are bad when we see it in Hollywood everyday with the rich and famous that only seem to benefit from the bad behavior.

reformer

Obama says he tried weed,If Phelps loses his,job Obama should too.I am starting a pitition to impeach Obama!!

same same same

wtf

51. I personally from this day forward will ban and boycott all Kellogg products. Michael Phelps will come back stronger and will continue to inspire!

Posted at 11:18PM on Feb 5th 2009 by visitor

======

They won't miss you I will be buying all Kellogg from now on.

Hal

Good going Kelloggs!

wtf

TO Posted at 11:18PM on Feb 5th 2009 by visitor

He has already said he is thinking about quitting you loser.

Snotsie

Yes, we know what image Kellogg's presents: a company which brainwashes children into thinking the highly sugared cereals will someday make them an athletic star. They target small kids with propaganda about healthy eating while they peddle crap that passes as food-half of it not even made in America. I say we boycott Kellogg's.

Rip It Up

America is such a two-faced country. As a Canadian, I just laugh at your hypocritical culture. You cheer a guy who represents your corrupt & violent dirtbag country, then he makes a mistake, and you want to hang him. God, you are a disgusting people. May your country rot and implode.

Michael, move up North, you can swim for the Maple Leaf and we won't turn our backs on you.

same same same

exactly Hypocrites! There are others that have done the same and worse...

Kellogg makes terrible cereal... eat all you want!

I am entitled to my opinion! What he did isn't that terrible! He didn't deny and he apologized also and said that he would correct his behavior and earn the respect back. More than most have done when they have done somthing! you are not his judge or jury!

Quit that would be a shame! I doubt he will however!

Justin

Kellogg has just bit the hand that feeds them. They have just made a big mistake. Pot-Heads around the world will never buy another Kellogg brand product again.

Dominatrix Dee

Bong rips are great! Phelps "regrettable actions" are not from puffing but for allowing a "friend" to photograph him. 15 million Americans are regular cannabis users. These drug warriors need to pull their heads out of their asses. Cannabis is going to be legal globally in the near enough future that everyone should lighten up and light up!

Borat

It's illegal to smoke dope, you dopes.

And since stoners are too lazy to try to get it legalized it's gonna stay that way.

Buck Farack

Who the hell cares? I betcha he can afford some killer weed. Hey Mike, can I be your friend?

Hlove

TMZ likes to F men, went they ratted Phelps out, that's what they did!

poopsi

IF THIS WAS ANYBODY ELSE, THEY WOULD,VE LOST EVERY ENDORSEMENT,GOOD FOR KELLOGGS, WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOUNG FOLK , ITS OK TO DO DRUGS EVEN IF YOUR THE GREATEST SWIMMER IN THE WORLD, PEOPLE ARE SO FICKLE