Miley Digs Herself a Hole All the Way to China

2/5/2009 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hanoi Montana doesn't seem to get why people think she's mocking Asians in this picture.

Miley Cyrus

During a half-ass non-apology she just posted on her website, Miley claims she was simply making "goofy faces" with her friends and "In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity." Ok, it's a plausible explanation ... BUT WHY ISN'T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING THE FUNNY FACE?

Hanoi then deflects responsibility even more by joking that the only reason people are mad is because "... now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on!"

Her full statement can be read after the jump.

"Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!

In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!"

I feel like now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on! Lucky me! haha Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is on my heart. You guys know me and have been by my side every step of the way!

You guys know my heart and know the most important things to me are my friends, family, fans, and GOD! In NO WAY do I want to disappoint any of you! But, when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized.

Anyway, I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting! Hopefully, I will be touring again this fall! Yayy! =] It will be a nice change to be back out on the road again!"

xoxo Blessings.. Miley =)

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Notamileyfan4sure

Miley Cyrus is a racist slut, I cannot believe that people are actually going for that scam on mileyworld.com. Her squinting her eyes with her friends like a chinese person, behind a chinese person's back is straight-up racist and i dont care who is offended by this that is miley's fan! I am totally appaled that her parents are letting her date a 20-year old underwear model, because she is going to end up a baby mama that is married young and pregnent young that has a house full of kids , she is not a rolemodel that parents and children should look up to... she is an object that should be shunned. She is not only a slut, white trash, or rasist, but she is a spoiled brat whose parents let her get away with any and everything because of her stardom and the amount of money she makes.

2014 days ago

Lars

I think you people are missing the point! This angers me to no end! I don't care if she slanted her eyes or wore a Mr. T mask, NO ONE deserves $4 Billion for a stupid joke! You see stars make fun of people all the time. I see cartoons about Obama on the web constantly, he isn't going after every person for their jokes! These frivolous lawsuits have become SO FAR OUT OF HAND! Get a grip, and get a life, make your money the way every other self respecting hard working American has (including Miley).

2013 days ago

Penny31

Why would anyone defend this? This has nothing to do with her being young. Those people in the photo with her aren't young kids and although I'm not Asian I find this to be very distatesful and racist. I hope that girl suing this little talentless hack gets every penny she seeks. I'm sick to death of seeing this fugly little wannabe and hope this is the final straw for her. See ya, Hanna, ya douche!

2012 days ago

Notamileyfan4sure

hannah montana plays with waterproof dildos

2012 days ago

CKK

Miley Cyrus is 16, she is a good girl and the media cannot stand that...My three year old son slants his eyes to make a funny face and so does my 35 year old brother and my 28 year old sister. Its not racism its easy. She shouldnt have to watch her step when it comes to people using her to get money. Why would anyone be racist towards pacific islanders in specific anyway or even asians, its not like she ran around with a face like that following an asian saying ching chong mu gu oshi or spatting some kind of made up chinese language she made a funny face...thats it plain and simple the chick that wants 4 billion dollars needs a background check in life and morality.

2012 days ago

LeeMan

Good Job Miley! If you or Disney care, you've just alienated the Asian continent and 2 of the biggest economy in the world. Good luck in merchandise sales in Asia! Keep it up and the only ones left buying your stuff will be in Tenn.

2011 days ago

JUDY

ilove but iheat you in the same time

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12