Miley Digs Herself a Hole All the Way to China

2/5/2009 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Hanoi Montana doesn't seem to get why people think she's mocking Asians in this picture.

Miley Cyrus

During a half-ass non-apology she just posted on her website, Miley claims she was simply making "goofy faces" with her friends and "In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity." Ok, it's a plausible explanation ... BUT WHY ISN'T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING THE FUNNY FACE?

Hanoi then deflects responsibility even more by joking that the only reason people are mad is because "... now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on!"

Her full statement can be read after the jump.

"Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!

In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!"

I feel like now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on! Lucky me! haha Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is on my heart. You guys know me and have been by my side every step of the way!

You guys know my heart and know the most important things to me are my friends, family, fans, and GOD! In NO WAY do I want to disappoint any of you! But, when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized.

Anyway, I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting! Hopefully, I will be touring again this fall! Yayy! =] It will be a nice change to be back out on the road again!"

xoxo Blessings.. Miley =)

Apalled

Miley needs to own up to her racist behavior and actually apologize. Her attempt to excuse her actions pathetic. I am disgusted by her behavior and outraged at her rationalization.

trishi

She should have just stopped with the apology and silence herself. When she extended her "apology" she started explaining her reason why she made the goofy faces and then Britney Spears...REALLY?! When she said that since Britney Spears is getting back to her normal image and paparazzi just want to find the next pop star to breakdown, her reasons just felt like excuses and a bit of a lie. And she might think this is being a hater, no, I love the next girl door side to her. I just don't like it that it almost feels like she's exposing herself intentionally. She should know better than to take pictures that seemingly look like she's stripping down. Possibly the only Disney star I've seen without scandal and who has no reason to act goodie goodie is Ashley Tisdale because she's over 21. But, you don't see her doing things like the other celebrities are doing.

ChowMein

Rice choppers just needa getta ova it. Round eye no feela bad abou dis.

Beezer

There are better things to worry about than a Disney machine kid making a face...get over it....and her!

ChowMein

What the!!!! ... BUT WHY ISN'T THE ASIAN DUDE MAKING THE FUNNY FACE?
He is making his eyes round and mocking everyone. How disgraceful to his family. He should do the honorable thing and take self off planet so family no feel shame. No mock round eye!!!!

ChowMein

Chinese, Japanese Dirty Knees, Look at these!! Hilarious old time fun. Thanks for the memoriies ilivit Just like I'm goin can hunting! Can Hunting? Yes sir african, mexican, puerto rican LOL Dont bash me though because if I was perjudice would I have a colored TV HAHAHA

meow

I am so sick of this girl. She started as a good role model for young girls, but now she is a disgusting spoiled talentless diva. Her parents don't seem to care what she does since she's making them so rich. This picture may be a kid just having fun, but what is her adult boyfriend's excuse? Is she also drinking and partying with all her adult friends? Where are you Billy Ray? It's time to take back some parental control.

Lee

108
Thanks for having a sense of humor about this whole thing my friend.

Truth Hurts

I am disappointed that she would lie when it is obvious she is joking around about asian's. Most people have done this, expecially teenagers but your integrity is coming into question now. Admit what you did and explain you didn't mean to be disrespectful or don't say anything at all, but DON"t Lie Hanoi! I will have to rethink my opinion of her.

Truth Hurts

#108 you forgot American

Mandalay

Her Asian friend is a tag along wannabe who doesn't understand how racist that is. As an Asian nothing bothers me more than when people make "slanty eyes" all for fun. It may be fun for them but not to me.

x-pothead

I think everybody is totally missing what is going on here.

In my opinion as a former pothead they are making their eyes look like that because they are high.

It's not to mimic the look of an Asian. It's to mimic what they look like when they are high.

Look at them they are high. So don't be crucifying them for being racist against Asians cause that isn't the case.

If you want to crucify them you should be doing it for smoking pot cause that is what they are doing.

Zebedee Doodah

ATTENTION: It's the grammar police!
Miley,
It's "would have" or "would've," not "would of."

MeMe

Hmmmm...I think they are all high and trying to cover up their squinty high as a bird eyes! HA HA

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

I find this girl extremely annoying in general.

P.S. What exactly does #14 mean? I don't get it.

"14. If I put a bologna on top of my head would white people be offended?..."

Posted at 11:19AM on Feb 5th 2009 by jimmy