Bale Apologizes

'I Acted Like a Punk'

2/6/2009 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale just finished publicly begging for forgiveness for that F-bomb filled, on-set explosion, saying he took it "way too far" and he only did it because he "cares too much" about the movie.

Christian Bale
Bale called in to to L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ and spilled his guts on the incident apologizing like crazy and explaining how things were never going to get violent with the guy he verbally attacked because the dude is a huge "ex friggin' football player ... not little orphan Annie!"

Oh, and he really wants you to see his next movie.

Christian Bale

FLTom

Bale gave a gracious and dignified apology that struck me as believable and sincere. As far as I'm concerned, he's forgiven, and I actually like him quite a bit for the way he expressed himself on the program.

MojoCeltica

Kevin & Bean? The radio audience? How about a sincere apology to the guy he verbally assaulted. Patently obvious who he's really worried about. Seems pretty insincere to me.

ladani

right, and he didn't hit his mom and sister either...ok!

Rindain

I heard this live on KROQ...I thought it was an impersonator at first. Bale sounded really cool in the interview.

2pac4life

he played the part of patrick bateman in american psycho,he played the part 2 well,the poor guy was thinking of that film when bale started swearing him out of it,id b running 4 my life ,i mean he is patrick bateman//??

Bex

He made "Empire Of The Sun" when he was 14. He didn't like being famous then, so why did he continue? I thought he liked doing independent type films, anyway. Why is he doing all these commercial type sequels? "American Psycho was one of the worst movies I ever saw. In "The Machinist" he was so sickly emancipated he put his health in serious jeopardy. "Batman" sucked, too. Go away for awhile, get your mental health together dude, cuz you are more than a "method" actor. You are a raging lunatic!

Mike Litoris

Good apology. Stand up guy.

MEE

I don't think he "begged" for forgiveness..he just said his side of the story.. and like K&B and Ralph said this morning we all have bad days.. we all don't have them play out in front of millions of people though.. I mean this happened 7 months ago... let it go people... he's human.

Sencho

I disliked Bale (as an actor) before this latest incident, so I'm not inclined to change my point of view about him, especially as I see him scrambling to run damage control now that he realizes his self-indulgent tirade might have put his upcoming picture in jeopardy.

Bex

All of you idiots defending this behavior are nuts. This has never happened to me, nor have I ever seen it done. It is not normal or acceptable.

Rip It Up

What a bunch of turd posters on this site. Frankly, he apologized and said he was sorry. Now if you douche bags can't move on, then f**k off and drop dead.

Carol Freund

I always can appreciate someone apologizing. I have to give him credit & it's over in my mind and I will be taking my kids to see the movie.

pollynoo

Hey Bale, you're a no-talent. Please do the Heath thing and leave us alone.

Mufkin

Yo, he apologized. Let's all get some popcorn, get cozy and watch Newsies where the real violence lies... duh duh DUH.

But really, have none of you been in an intense work situation where ONE thing will just set you right off? It doesn't make you a douche, just human. It certainly doesn't give you the right to go off on another human being, unfortunately, it happened.
I mean, gawd, if I was scrutinized everytime I threatened MY coworkers....

AMB

How do you know he only apologized because of the tape? He might have apologized to the guy later that day and everything was fine between them. Sometimes these things happen. People just need to get over it.