Bale Apologizes

'I Acted Like a Punk'

2/6/2009 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale just finished publicly begging for forgiveness for that F-bomb filled, on-set explosion, saying he took it "way too far" and he only did it because he "cares too much" about the movie.

Christian Bale
Bale called in to to L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ and spilled his guts on the incident apologizing like crazy and explaining how things were never going to get violent with the guy he verbally attacked because the dude is a huge "ex friggin' football player ... not little orphan Annie!"

Oh, and he really wants you to see his next movie.

Christian Bale

Eazy

You guys are pethetic to turn on him just because of his little outburst. I bet there are many great actors who do this, you just never hear about it because it's meaningless and none of your business.

Bale is one of the finest actors working today and this isn't going change it

LosCabos

Yeah if he wouldn't apologize, you would be saying worst things about him. There's no win here. He was a jerk, but i'm glad he apologized.

DARKMAN

It`s just a job man...at least they are talking and you know how actors love to act..it`s how they stay alive,every person on the movie know that and know they will see some yellN screaming and so on.It`s professional as it gets millions of dollars on the line and everyone wants a good credit.I only work indie these days I hate hollywood`s shiet pile movies.No art to them at all every last one of them cookie cutter productionline computer crapO`la.But some people have to work and unions are Great...but I just don`t get into the bag.You end up walking off again and again...take over the whole movie while everyone sets back and shielts themselfs untill you burnout.

Dee

1. He makes millions of dollars to play make believe

2. the guy said he was sorry half a second into the 10 minute Fbomb
screaming match. I think he took it a tad too far to be "Aww poor guy
had a bad day."

3. There are regular joes who make $30,000 a year at best... cleaning
toilets, changing bed pans, picking up dog crap, getting yelled at by
clients for something they didn't cause and have no control over, I
think THEY have more reason to go off on this Bale like rant... Me
especially with the crap I deal with, yet I control my anger and just
take it out at the gym.

I mean, the dude plays pretend for a living... and this movie he
cares so much about that he treats other human beings like crap... is
about ROBOTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD. A sequel to a sequel to a sequel
to a sequel no less. HE'S the only guy really taking this movie
seriously. Do you know how many movie goers laughed when they heard
there was ANOTHER Terminator movie?

Look, if I made millions of dollars to play dress up and pretend to
be a fictional character for 10 to 12 hours a day instead of cleaning
parvo poop and dog puke for 10 to 12 hours a day... I'd be walking with a smile that
would never leave my face as I flew from my mansion in malibu to my summer home in
France, to my winter wonderland in Japan.

I mean, it's hard to feel sorry for a guy who over-reacts to a situation, just because he has to REFILM a scene
even though he's making millions of dollars to do so.

he needs to grow up and do what he's paid to do with a smile.

Besides... for people who think he's so sincere in his appology...

remember he's an actor

and remember his temper is not lost on his sister and mother who had to call the police on him.

Actors need to stop blaming how hard their job is for their attitudes.

They're playing pretend. Try being a way under paid cop who has to deal with REAL bad guys who carry REAL guns on a daily basis.

The Dude

I really Like his portrayal of Batman....but , this dude has to start drinking some decaf!!!!

Al Jazeera

he still needs an a$$ kicking....

sandy

Before I heard his rant I thought he was hot. I didn't know he was ugly on the inside. That shows his true character. It must suck to be him and feel that way on the inside. Dude needs some serious help.

MJ

Dee -- Your comment, "Do you think there are Re-do's in the real world? If someone bumps the arm of a heart surgeon in the middle of a delicate transplant, killing the patient... is there a re-do? NO." Is really not a valid point.. because that's a life and death situation.. you can't compare an actor to a sergeon.. Thats like comparing a puppet to Lassie.. lol

To all else saying that he only apologized because the tape came out.. That's a pretty lame point as well. Why would he apologize to everyone if no one knew it happened. If you listened to the radio clip, he said him and Shane worked it out that very same day. No one was fired. Everything got worked out SEVEN MONTHS AGO.

2056 days ago

kjk(hates american idol auditions)

totally does not sound like Christian Bale on the phone, voice sounds different.

Gapeach

The same people who attacked him for his rant will be the ones who won't accept his apology. He said he apologized to the DP (who is my opinion is still a douche) and they have been working together since.

To those who won't see any more of his movies - good!!! You are probably the same folks who sit behind me and talk and kick the back of my seat.

gwen

yeah, I would be sooo sucking up to the public to if I was Christian Bale. What a jerk. He revealed himself and it all was caught on tape.

HEY CHRISTIAN BALE, REMEMBER, CHRISTIAN, YOUR JUST AN ACTOR...and one with an overinflated ego. Tomorrow you could easily end up on the Whatever Happened to list..so shut your mouth and know your place. We make you and we can unmake you. I am so sick of these overpaid morans who are already treated like royalty actually believing they are above the average man. When you die Christian, God isn't going to give you special attention because you were an actor.
We'll all be judged the same...so stop acting like a moran, life is short and with your attitude, I see "has been" written all over you.

james

Why would he apologize to the public BEFORE the tape was made public?? Dont blow off his apology on those grounds! Im sure you "hes only apologizing now because he has to" peeps have gone off on coworkers before....why havent YOU apologized to ME yet??? CB is a badass! He's allowed to have badass blow ups if he wants. I hope he has more and they all get made public!! Give the man a break.

edfghjk

Christian Bale: Too late for PR moves, you're just another narcissistic celebrity ass----.

F--- off and go away!

Willie

Like getting caught in a lie - you're never really trusted again, no matter how palsy-walsy things may appear on the surface. That rage will always be there and all encounters will be shaded by it forever. The apoology?... so what! - it can't change the past. He has been seen.

CMJNM

I still love him. My favorite role of his was "3:10 to Yuma". If you haven't seen him in that movie, you're really missing something.