Bale Apologizes

'I Acted Like a Punk'

2/6/2009 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale just finished publicly begging for forgiveness for that F-bomb filled, on-set explosion, saying he took it "way too far" and he only did it because he "cares too much" about the movie.

Christian Bale
Bale called in to to L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ and spilled his guts on the incident apologizing like crazy and explaining how things were never going to get violent with the guy he verbally attacked because the dude is a huge "ex friggin' football player ... not little orphan Annie!"

Oh, and he really wants you to see his next movie.

Christian Bale

Dee

to "EH"...

that IS the point.

the point is... he isn't living in the "real" world. If he makes mistakes, he can do it over again, and he gets paid millions of dollars PER MOVIE

if a cop gets shot... there's no do overs... and he puts his life on the line for a piddly $46,000 to $60,000 a year.

that's the point.

People have to make real-life life and death decisions for enough money to barely survive on.

He makes millions of dollars to PRETEND to make life and death decisions, and if he screws up, unlike real-life he can yell cut and try again.

He had no reason to act like such a primadonna.

he's playing make believe, and if he makes a mistake he can do the scene over, and he gets paid millions of dollars to do it.

Arkie Mom

But did he apologize to the guy he was screaming at?
He's still a jerk and I still won't pay $$ to see his movies.
Mean people suck!!!!

Raquel

I don't Care.. I still love him. He is awesome and super Hot and I love all his movies. Everyone gets pissed... Get over it.

Lauri

Just another Joaquin Phoenix type, thinking the world revolves around HIM!

Seriously?

I think he sounds sincere. I'm glad he has a bit of a sense of humor about it.

jaye

Maybe he sure care more about PEOPLE. It also wouldn't be a bad idea if he shows he really is sorry by getting some anger management help. This won't be the last blow up.

kalqlate

Ok, everyone... Quickly replay the entire tirade in your mind. Forget for a minute that it is an actor that you admire or hate, and forget for a moment that it is a director of photography that you admire or hate. Now, let's imagine that there's a virtual two sided-scale in front of you, you know, like Lady Justice. On one side you are about to place "the accidental trashing of an actor's scene", on the other side you are going to place "the reactionary trashing of another human's dignity". The one that weighs the most is the one that it is more egregious and more offensive. Your answer to which one weighs the most will tell you a lot about who you are.

I'll just ask this... would the DP have learned his lesson any less if Bale had instead taken him aside, smiled and jokingly said "Hey, dude... your walkin' around is trashin' my scene! Dooooooooooood! Next time you do that I'll have to put you over my knee and make IT nice and rosey for you."? No. No less of a lessoned learned. In fact, the DP might've even then been running to get Bale coffee and snacks at every break for being treated with such dignity and respect.

Lala

True words of an abuser............ He only did it because he "cared so much"? Significant others kill because they "care too much" or obcessive "love" or whatever MAKES them act that way. How about accepting responsibility for your own actions? Major tool with anger management issues - I'm not going to pay to look at him, that's for sure.

Lala

Sorry, Miriam Webster, that would be "obsessive"

silliputti

He was just way too out of line. Can forgive but can't forget.

LST

Sounded genuine, and if you think that you are above yelling at some dude then you are a liar and fooling nobody but yourself.
So.
a. Its genuine
b. Its not. And the world keeps spinning.

K.Quan

Listen people...Bale is the man...If this has done anything it has made me like him even more...Good for you Bale...That DP ruined the scene and he...is the douche bag. Carry on. oh yeah...and stay away from Scientology because that will be the breaking point for me.

diana

This non-acting domb-ass jerk should go away. He is a damn moron!

shakinghead

He was ACTING like punk? Christian Bale IS a punk as far as I'm concerned! I worked in a TV newsroom for 6 years and saw more than my share of such scenarios and have been on the receiving end of such a tirade. If Bale had an issue with his production staff, he should've taken it up with the studio execs and let one of THEM deal with it. No, this was a raw display of power abuse, plain and simple. His "apology" can be translated to "damage control." What doesn't Bale f****** understand about the dignity of others????

Dr. Adams