Bale Apologizes

'I Acted Like a Punk'

2/6/2009 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale just finished publicly begging for forgiveness for that F-bomb filled, on-set explosion, saying he took it "way too far" and he only did it because he "cares too much" about the movie.

Christian Bale
Bale called in to to L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ and spilled his guts on the incident apologizing like crazy and explaining how things were never going to get violent with the guy he verbally attacked because the dude is a huge "ex friggin' football player ... not little orphan Annie!"

Oh, and he really wants you to see his next movie.

Christian Bale

Crystal

I would just like to say
WHAT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR WITH HIS WIFE AND SISTER, OR MOTHER AND SISTER, WHEN THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED // IMAGIN T H A T!!!! I THINK HE IS A MEAN PERSON AND HE SHOULD NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS AND I KNOW ANOTHER REPORT THAT HE HAS DON THIS BEFORE!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! WHAT A JERK!!!!

OVER IT

He's just as much of a douchebag in person too. I've had to deal with him as one of my "customers" on two unpleasant occasions.

diana

Bale needs to "bale" the hell out of acting!

tiredinFL

I CAN NOT believe he's apologizing! Say it 'aint so! If anything all he should have to say is; everyone entitled to a bad day; the guy and I are straight; end of story! The rest of you who want to jump his ass for having a bad day need to take a good hard look at that glass house you live in before you start hurling those stones!

Erin

Didn't he have a big dispute with his family about his temper? hmmmmm.....

Democrats are evil

Yeah right. His publicist convinced him how much money he will lose in the future because the average person is not going to support ANYONE that acts like a higher than thou snot-head. If you think this apology is sincere, then you have your own issues to deal with.

Jemima

I am glad he apologized, if indeed this is really him. He sounds a bit like Paul McCartney. I know the accents are different; just saying.
I never knew who he was until my grandson told me. This is his favorite actor right now. He is 13 and finding his way through adolescence. He loves '3:10 to Yuma' and Batman,of course.
So Mr. Bale, shape up and be a better role model....PLEASE.

ASSKICKER

What a punk,dude should have punched him right in the head,what would Bale have done since it was a man not 2 women. i'll NEVER watch another one of his movies A-HOLE

FLTom

As I said in my earlier post, I believe Bale's apology is sincere. The anger was over the top towards the DP, and certainly not justifiable, but what that really tells me is that Bale is a flawed human being, just like the other 6 billion of us. His remarks on the radio had the ring of genuine self-effacement, and I tend to think that, if he's really got some deeper anger issues, they're really not all that far outside the normal range, if they're outside it at all.

One thing which hasn't been remarked upon in this discussion, that I've seen anyway, is that Bale is the stepson of feminist icon Gloria Steinem, who was the third wife of the late David Bale, Christian's father. Steinem, a founder of Ms. Magazine, has long been a vocal critic of the institution of marriage and of what she regards as male privilege and abuse of power. In fact, she's the author of the famous (and nonsensical, and oft mocked) line, "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle," and she shocked the feminist establishment when she announced she was entering into matrimony. I wonder what she thinks of her stepson's over the top demonstration of masculine rage, the very type of rage she's long charged women are too often subjected to behind closed doors.

Did the apple fall far from the tree? Or is Christian Bale a chip off the old block?

Les

Still, we should thank him cause for his tantrum and thank the guy who leaked it cause werent it for the remix and all the fun over it it wouldve been a sucky week!

Patty

To late...... I still hate him. I think he's a complete a**hole.

Jonjay

He says it was a one time mistake, yet he is famous for his recent blow up with family members. When a "one time thing" happens more than once, especially in such a short period of time, it's a pattern of behavior and anyone who believes otherwise is only fooling themselves.

who cAres

Why are you guys saying he should say sorry to the dp?
Did you even listen to the audio he already did the same day this happened back in july...
so.... yea...

Rip It Up

I can't believe the nonsense on this site. Frankly, when Terminator 4 comes out, the box office will go through the roof....and when The Dark Knight sequel arrives, that box office will go to the freakin' moon on batwings.

All the whiners can stay home and watch Benji on DVD. What a bunch of loser dirtbags you are.

Right on Christian!

shar

He may have acted like a punk, but it comes naturally to him obviously. No acting here. Was this before or after the supposedly assault on his family or Mother, whatever. I don't think this is new for him.