Bale Apologizes

'I Acted Like a Punk'

2/6/2009 2:11 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christian Bale just finished publicly begging for forgiveness for that F-bomb filled, on-set explosion, saying he took it "way too far" and he only did it because he "cares too much" about the movie.

Christian Bale
Bale called in to to L.A.'s "Kevin & Bean" morning radio show on KROQ and spilled his guts on the incident apologizing like crazy and explaining how things were never going to get violent with the guy he verbally attacked because the dude is a huge "ex friggin' football player ... not little orphan Annie!"

Oh, and he really wants you to see his next movie.

Christian Bale

Hearts1003

Come on! We have all wanted to go off on a fellow employee like that before! Sure he threatened the guy but we have all done that before that doesn't mean we are actually going to do it! I give him props! Sure he went on a little too long but there was some pent up frustration towards the guy for not getting it through his darn head to leave the freaking lights alone while filming! Is that so hard?! Would you want to keep filming the same seen over and over because somebody keeps walking through to tinker with the fargin lights?! HELLO?! Not rocket science here! Plus the only reason we are talking about is because it's Christian Bale and he's famous! If this was normal everyday people we don't see on tv all the time we wouldn't be discussing this!

The Work Place Sucks!

HELL THE POLITICIANS CAN'T FIND ANY ANSWER'S TO THIS PROBLEM, WE ARE ALL GOING TO GO OFF!!!!

KristenV

Believe it or not, one more thing... Thankfully it's the PEOPLE coming to Christian's defense, those that have worked with him PERSONALLY..directors, producers, crew members and fellow actors that are saying Christian has been nothing but professional, courtious and respectable to those on set. One would only assume if he walked around like some arrogant, hot headed ass, he'd be deemed "difficult" to work with, and would not be getting roles that are offered to him to date. I'm just gonna chalk this one up as him having a bad day on set and glad he recognized his poor behavior, thus apologizing to those involved. It's just so unfortunate the world had to hear about it.

AvaBardot

LMAOROTFL, this is the first time I listened to him going off. God, I have not laughed that hard in a while. Thanks Batman ;)

Pistol

Anger management, dude.

Nelita

I think this was truly very big of him, considering he had already apologized to everyone on the set (the only ones he should have had to apologize to) at the time of the incident SIX MONTHS ago. And I think whoever released this tape at this time should really be ashamed of themselves. I think I can understand why he did what he did. It is hard enough to live one life in the real world, can you imagine the stress and disipline it must take to turn yourself into a whole different character for months at a time, 17 to 20 hours a day. It has to be exhausting!! Christian Bale is one of the greatest actors I have ever watched and I look forward to seeing all the rest of his movies. He is very dedicated to his work and a very private person. We should respect that and just enjoy the characters he brings alive for us. As for all the trash talk about him mom..well..I have had yelling matches with my mom, and I bet he and I are not the only ones.....

BETTYB

I would be curious to know if he EVER actually APOLOGIZED PERSONALLY to the man he verbally attacked. And if so, at what point????!! My guess is that he still has NOT done so. Clearly, he realizes that since the tape has exposed him as a violent prima donna, it will have an impact on movie sales. Otherwise, I doubt we would have heard anything from him...until the next attack!

frUK

Before Bale apologized I heard Michael Winner say on
BBC Radio that Bale was right to throw that temper tantrum.
His argument was that he (Winner) had worked with dozens of
Directors of Photography, including many Oscar winners.
According to Winner no DP should behave in that fashion.
Its an unwritten law on the set.

So why did Bale apologize?
As long as his movies make money the Industry won't give a frak.
Is the legal case with his mother resolved?
If not, this story wont help his case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lose your temper and you lose the argument.

sabaton

TMZ SUCKS, let me repeat TMZ SUCKS
"begging for forgiveness"? its people like the ones at TMZ that make me sick. He was just apologizing which he didnt have to do. You know why? Because he already sorted everything about with crew including shane. He doesnt need to apoligize to the public, he didnt release the tape.

Oh and another thing people that say that they havent had a bad day and gone off like that are liars, including you TMZ staff.

Lastly TMZ SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK

BlackRabbit

If he was anything other than an actor, let's say an officeworker, and he'd gone on that tirade, he would currently be out of a job. We can all talk about how having a scene ruined must be terribly frustrating, but he spoke to him as though he was sub-human, I don't care what your job is, or how frustrated you are - there is no excuse for that whatsoever. I won't be seeing Salvation as a result.

Trisha

Who's Christian Bale???

Adam

Some of you people really are showing a complete naievety towards the real world.
People are human... people get Angry, they lose there temper, they shout and have tantrums. It's part of human nature and ANYONE that says they have never done something similar, be it to family of friends, is an absolute liar. My girlfriend's father is quite an active actor, playing in quite a few Mike Leigh film's as well as the recent Harry Potter's, and I asked him his opinion on the original rant. His response was that although in this case the rant was probably a little longer than usual, nearly all actor's he has worked with have at some time or other erupted on set. Usually at the extra's who have somehow wandered away from there little holding pen, but sometime's at the more qualified and skilled worker's.
People like Christian Bale and Tom Cruise are incredibly skilled individuals. Why the hell would they be paid what they are if they weren't. They understand technical term's that I have no understanding off ( and cant even spell ), so how have I any right to comment on there industry when I have such a smaller understanding of it. I, as most of the commenter's, have never had to completely put myself in another charachter's shoe's, and live as that person would have. We all know that taking on the persona of a charachter can affect you in many ways.... just look at what the Joker did to poor Heath.
So to Christian, my hat's of to you for your apology. The Terminator series will no doubt be a smash hit no matter what, but it took a lot to apologise to a group of people who really have no right to criticse or complain you.
At least he's not snorting coke off the top of his laptop lid, which I know at least 4 high profile star's are often guilty off.

Alfred310

Wow, just heard Bale's damage control which boiled down to "don't boycott my movie! Watch me, please!"

I hope people aren't so short sighted to forget that he allegedly assaulted his mom and sister - in front of his 3 young nieces - last summer. Some press and his fans thought mom/sis were shaking him down for money, but now we have audio of his temper! Imagine that rant directed at his mom, sister and nieces, and add potential physical intimidation. What would Gloria Steinem say?

Bale's insincere apology conveniently a couple months before TERMINATOR's release would be worthy of an award except that he did it on radio so you couldn't see the contempt in his eyes. For all of his excuses, even actors blow takes that don't result in that kind of humiliation. And I don't recall him ever apologizing for his mother/sister incident - oh, but that's because DARK KNIGHT was already released and raking in the dough.

What's especially revealing is that in his "apology" he talks about how bad the week was for *HIM!* No apology to the DP, no apology for disappointing his fans, or offending hard-working people in the movie industry. No, the "apology" was all about his bad week! Acting technique? Sorry, dude, that's not an apology; that's rationalizing. Maybe if he donated his earnings to a battered women's shelter or an anger management program...

LosCabos

I still think he was a jerk, but i'm glad he apologized. I didn't hear the whole audio (the hosts are annoying) but i hope he also apologized to the DP. Good for him.

Nelita

It is pretty obvious that some people posting here have no idea what is going on. I don't think they even care, this is just one more chance for them to show their jealousy of someone successful (what's your excuse TMZ) by condemning them no matter what they do. Actually I think TMZ should be doing the apologizing. This was all resolved 6 months ago when it happened and never should have been on the internet now. Pretty sad that people make their living by trying to destroy or hurt someone else.