Simpson's Excuse -- I Had an Off Night

2/6/2009 3:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jessica Simpson is already explaining her reportedly bizarre, calamity-filled, lyric-forgetting performance in Michigan last night -- chalking the whole thing up to an "off night."

Her rep tells TMZ, "Jessica had an off night. She's a perfectionist and wanted to start some songs over. She always wants to give the best performance for her fans."

Jess' recent wave of bad press continued this morning when a Grand Rapids Press editor who attended the show claimed the singer forgot her lyrics, struggled with her ear monitors, mumbled through songs, fought back tears and asked her band to re-start a song.

At one point in the show, Simpson mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to the crowd.

FYI -- no apology has been issued for the years of the other shows she's done.

Dr. Adams

allen antrim
Does your mom remember the words to the rainbow song yet???

kennedy

WHO WOLDN'YT HAVE A BAD NIGHT....AFTER SEEING THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND HAD A SEXUAL INTERLUDE WITH ANOTHER WOMAN IN YOUR HOME WHEN YOU WERE AWAY...ROMO IS A BIG NOSE PIG!!!!

pooky

first time!!!!!!!!!!

k

I think Jessica might be pregnant.... I got forgetful, weepy and so tired in the first few months.... That or we're on the brink of a Britney type meltdown/breakdown. I do feel sorry for her but she made a career on her vapid stare and looks. Without talent you can't renage on the body part of the equation.

chirs messin

another britney. romo dump this ass holeee

chirs messin

dump this back woods ass... britney sis

chirs messin

what another waste of who cares. romo dump this assee.

Karen

I remember her once on Jay Leno and her saying that she thought Chicken of the Sea tuna was really chickens that lived in the sea! She gets off on trying to be a "dumb blond." After she said that I lost all respect for her forever!

Karen

Hey "Me", Leave her alone? Why should she get paid $$$ for being an idiot. Us who do "real" jobs don't make as much in a year as she gets for doing one concert. She "owes" us to be professional!

Jemima

This girl is very beautiful. She needs someone to help her, rest up and find out who she really is.
The parents who pimp out their daughters do this to them. They are treated as objects and focused exclusively on their looks.
Britanny is doing well now, Lindsey, not so much. Let's not have any more Anna Nicole Smiths!

Triple Play

If she didn't have huge funbags and a pretty fave she would be working in a diner in west Texas

J D

This fat tart was thinking of food and what she was going to eat as soon as she got done and off stage thats why she could rember the words to the songs she had her mind on food or wondering about Carrie Underwood to make sure she doesn't steel Tony!

kane

Bad Bill Bo. Did I hit a nerve? Really riled you up didn't I? For you to give me so much attention and write so many posts about me on the message board is flattering. You're obviously unstable. So continue to write your posts I guess it gives you something to do. Your talking about freedom of speech, blah blah blah. Well I left a message with MY opinions and you had to act a fool by writing a nasty post to me. Go get a life, You're probably some white trash ignorant slob hill billy who has nothing better to do then harass people. Bet this was the highlight of your day huh?
Wow! Your really pathetic. Anyway, moving on!

valsopinion

My daughter in law went to her concert with Rascal Flatts in Lexington, Ky last week and said that she forgot lyrics then too and had to start a song over as well.

steve

thats good and all that she wants too have everything perfect but nothing really never is and never will be verry poor excuse she cant have any offnights if she keeps haaving offnights as she says she wont have a recoding contract with whoever shes with and like all the pop singers jesscant really sing she lip sinks and everything is alterd