Mother Nature Cancels Billy Ray Concert

2/7/2009 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The photos below show the shocking flames that ripped through Boulder Creek Ranch, forcing the cancellation and evacuation of a Billy Ray Cyrus concert and taping of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition."

Boulder Creek Ranch Fire: Click to launch!

Although the hosts of the concert lost a structure on the property, there were no injuries.

The owner of the Ranch, Jim Hasty tells us, "I want to thank everyone for their kindness especially those with "Extreme Makeover", including Ty, Brady and Diane. I also have to mention Billy Ray Cyrus who was so nice and great during this incident . My family and I have made a lot of new friends through all of this and thank all the emergency personnel that helped in the fire. I will rebuild, people less fortunate lose a lot more everyday. I anticipate only good things ahead."

"By the way ... Billy Ray promised he'd return and do a concert in the future -- we are all looking forward to that, he is a great man."

A rep from ABC also issued a statement telling TMZ: "A chimney fire broke out tonight during an "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" shoot at a secondary location where crowds gathered for a Billy Ray Cyrus concert. There were no injuries and all spectators were safely evacuated.

The cast and crew wish to express their sincere compassion to Jim and Gail Hasty, who were kind enough to host the concert at their Boulder Creek Ranch property and lost their lodge in the fire."

See Also

Billy Ray Cyrus -- Burned Out

daxon

that has got to suck :( i feel for the people

2023 days ago

wtf

MORE OLD news.

2023 days ago

HOLLYWOOD STANDARD

MOther Nature is just waiting for miley's red neck self to be there with billy ray so she can kill them together..Mother nature wont miss next time

2023 days ago

The whole family ought to go back to their double-wide in Looziana

Good thing they canceled that concert. Those three people who won their tickets from the radio station might have been hurt! Hey Billy Ray, go pimp your daughter some more so you can retire with a mullet and a beer belly!

2023 days ago

arte help

Hope they have insurance.

2023 days ago

Thyna

Ty and Co. should rebuild that part of the ranch for them.

2023 days ago

Me

#6. I was thinking the same thing. They don't have to, of course, but what a great (translation: big ratings) story it would make for ABC and Extreme Makeover.

2023 days ago

Wow

What a shame!

2023 days ago

wtf

Why is this staying as the top story all day? Lack of comments for a story that has been up for hours shows no one gives a sh!t

2023 days ago

ValoHalo

The only good thing that came of it was luckily no one had to go see Billy Ray in concert! I feel sorry for the ranch people.

2022 days ago

SkankTosser

Skip Hicks is laughing in heaven.

2022 days ago

Oppsishitedovertherainbowtofindthepotofgold

Where is my man toofastforyou? I miss you baby the kids miss you a great deal.Come back home soon.Love your wife.

2022 days ago

alexis

God Bless Billy Ray Cyrus Hes tried so hard, for forever to be a musician.
I guess some people are only supposed to pass on there talent to there children.
I think mabie Billy Ray Cyrus really does have God in his life
Show Bussiness is Evil.

2022 days ago

rachel

Yawn, so another effed up family who can't function won't get a free house to
re-mortgage and lose to foreclosure and steal the kids scholarships.
Doesn't it occur to people that

2022 days ago

Mags

HA! This is an act of god if I ever saw one! Obviously god can't stand Billy Ray or Extreme Home Makeover and saw an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Love it!

2022 days ago