« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Subway

Won't Throw Phelps

Back in Water

2/7/2009 2:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael PhelpsEveryone knows the first rule of marketing is to know your audience -- the kind of audience that orders two foot longs and a bag of chips a little past 4:20 each day.

Either way, Subway has decided not to ditch Michael Phelps following his incident with the device that's generally sold "for tobacco use only."

Subway says "Like most Americans, and like Michael Phelps himself, we were disappointed in his behavior. Also like most Americans, we accept his apology. Moving forward, he remains in our plans."

At least Michael knows where he can get his next meal, even if it isn't a bowl of Kellogg's cereal.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

omg!

he's still a tool but what ever

and first!

Prince Von A-Hole

I bet Harvey broke his toe kicking his prop desk when he heard that.

logrus

Good for them.

Kellogs saw fit to hire him even though he had a DUII and an MIP at age 19, every bit as illegal in most states as weed and a lot more dangerous than staying indoors and smoking the stuff but fire him after he got caught smoking grass. Pretty hypocritical of them.

Bex

I will be sure not to go to Subway then. I'm not giving my hard earned money to a company that promotes dope heads.

sarah

The boy can get endorsements afteer a DUI but not after smoking a bowl, really?
Driving drunk is so much worse than smoking a bowl.
I would never drink and drive, but I will def smoke a bowl.
good work subway, because if you dump him lots of consumers will be dumping you!!!!!!

wtf

The subway in North Hampton NH on Lafayette road ALWAYS closes 1-2 hours before they are suppose to. The service is terrible so it's not surprising they will continue to support a pot head.

nick

Thank you Subway for not giving in to the conservative corporate mentality. I going to go buy several $5.00 Foot Longs today in your honor. I don't give a poop about Mr. Phelps but I sure do care about personal liberties.

wtf

8. Good for subway, i won't boycotte them like I am boycotting kellogs, I will never buy another kellog product again , and I am a 40 yr old mom.
The boy can get endorsements afteer a DUI but not after smoking a bowl, really?
Driving drunk is so much worse than smoking a bowl.
I would never drink and drive, but I will def smoke a bowl.

Posted at 11:27AM on Feb 7th 2009 by Bridgette

-------------------

You will risk embarrassing your kids by having your name in the newspaper because you were arrested for pot. You're freaking pathetic. Oh wait they won't be embarrassed I bet you supply them with pot. I bet your kids live off of food stamps and weed, you must be so proud.

Q

so he was caught smoking marijuana...big deal! its just weed for crying out loud, now if he was smoking crack that would be a whole different ball game. Lots of people smoke marijuana, its harmless..all of those anti marijuana commercials they always show are false, it can't kill you, funny how they never show anti drug commercials for drugs that really can kill people like heroin, cocaine, or meth, I don't even consider weed a "drug" people really need to stop being up and arms about something that really isn't a big deal, who cares if he was hitting a bong? its not like he was using steroids, damn people there are a lot of other things in this world people should be worrying about.

wtf

So what I get my kids and their friends high.
Their friends say I'm hot because I hang on my couch token.
Don't be jealous because I won't be eating subway as my munchie food.
They are missing out because I eat alot!!

wtf

#3 Prince Von A Hole

LOL@ prop desk

Tracey

how annoying, T-Mobile stops Charles Barkley's great commercials, yet Subway keeps Phelps....T-Mobile get with it

Who Caresss!!!

SUBWAY ARE IDIOTS!!! THIS IS THE PERFECT TIME TO LET PHELPS GO CONSIDERING THE CURRENT RECESSIONARY TIMES. IT'S THE PERFECT REASON TO CUT HIS CONTRACT AND SAVE THE MILLIONS FROM GOING INTO HIS BANK ACCOUNT AND USE IT TO SAVE JOBS! IMAGINE HOW MANY POTENTIAL JOBS SUBWAY CAN SAVE FROM POTENTIAL LAYOFFS BY NOT ENDORSING DOPE HEAD PHELPS!!!!!!!!!

Daytona

I love Subway... I think they are cool and very professional! I'm a swimmer too. Yeah... I'll continue to buy Subway sandwiches daily because they taste great. 8 Gold Medals... Yeah... in High School I managed to get some Gold. I think it was called "Columbian Gold". C'mon America... Snap out of it!

Cynthia

I give Subway kudo's,move on America,we've all tried it,it's NO BIGGY.Obviously Michael's moved on,we should too!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments