Chris Brown Investigated

For Alleged Assault

2/8/2009 7:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alleged AssaultLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ Chris Brown is being investigated by the LAPD in an alleged assault on a female.

According to police, Brown and a woman whom cops refuse to identify were arguing inside a vehicle around 12:30 this morning when suddenly things allegedly turned violent.

Cops say they received a 911 call, and when they arrived they noticed the woman had visible injuries. We're told she then identified Brown as her attacker. Cops say Brown had left the scene by the time police arrived.

Cops say they are looking to speak with Brown and may arrest him when they find him.

When we called reps for Brown's girlfriend, Rihanna, for a statement, her people told us, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."

UPDATE
: Grammy officials have just announced that Rihanna will neither perform on the show tonight -- as scheduled -- nor walk the red carpet for the event. The same announcement has been made about Chris.

Story developing...

diann

PEOPLE GET REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have no idea how this whole thing went down…you’re all right…he had NO right putting his hands on her...but WE HAVE NO IDEA what took place in that car….maybe he accidentally hit her during a scuffle…maybe she hit him or said something shocking and he reacted…who knows??…we all know there are two sides to a story and then there’s the truth…so let’s just quit assuming and stop passing judgement

2027 days ago

whatever

ok. some of you ppl r so ignorant, saying "chris will never do such a thing"-as if you know him. if anything the most you are to him is a paycheck/fan. he IS possible of abusing. he watched his stepfather abuse his mother, so he is capable of doin so to rhianna. he faced his demon. im pretty sure he doesnt want to be abusive but he did it,thats what he has seen since he was a kid that got results (refering to his mom and stepdad) since she being stubborn let me beat her to submisiveness. That happens to work for abusive men. I hope rihanna has enough coommon sense to get out and move on. all the cover ups from his and her publicist can not hide the truth. the makeup to cover her scars can not hide the pain nor the truth.
so...for those of you who has the audasity to say "he would never".-never say never. watch the news, read the newspaper.
the "nicest" ppl turn out to be serial killers
priest-are molestor
youth pastors-are murderers
and so on so on so.
for those of you who are wishing harm to rihanna and say that she deserves it, watch how you speak. God dont like ugly. your words can be put back onto you 10 folds. karma is powerful. no one deserves harm.

for those of you who are violating the HIPPA law and telling private info on a patient (celebrity or not) should be ashame of yourself. that is grounds for termination. and if i were rihanna or a patient of yours or your facility. I would sue the hell out of you first then sue the hell out of the establishment you work for. Every1 deserves their privacy. the cat would of got out the bag w/o you. from paparazi or what not. im pretty sure if you had herpes you wouldnt want your nurse blabbing it to a friend who knows you then word get around town about you and to stay away.

for every1-put yourself in som1 elses shoes before you leave stupid comments.

i'm out.

btw jeri- you are too funny.

2027 days ago

down wit the chris

#287, Hermalinda...you are so right! it was HER fault by getting her face in the way of his swinging fists. she owes us all AND chris brown an apology.

2026 days ago

lajester

she must have done something to deserve it, she looks crazy anyway

2026 days ago

Cookie

I don't understand these comments. Regardless of what kind of person you think Rihanna is, there is no reason that a man should ever put his hands on a female. No body put a gun to Chris's head and made him stay in the relationship with Rihanna. If things were so bad then why did he not get out and just leave her alone. What if that was your daughter, sister or lord forbid your Mother that this happen to? So you are saying, that your mother, sister or daughter deserves to be hit or abused because of the way they are acting? I'm sorry but no female deserves to abused by any male. If things are getting so bad that you have to fight then you need to separate becasue you are not for each other. Becasue if a male abused my daughter, sister or mother I would not be defending him becasue it is wrong no matter how you look at it. That is whats wrong with this world today no respect for each other.

2026 days ago

Jamie

NOBODY who is not Chris Brown or Rihanna knows what really happened! So the people saying "she deserved it" have no idea what they are talking about. Add to that the fact that NO WOMAN deserves to be beaten by a man. Until the true story comes out(if it ever does) you need to shut up!

2026 days ago

Jodine

I hope this is not true, but if it is, I hope she is not a stupid as Whitney Houston was with Bobby.... I hope she leaves him before it's too late.

2026 days ago

tonyg

I hope for you people saying she deserved it. That it never happens to you or your children. Because you will be crying a different story. I really can't believe how so many of you say...what did she do to him. She must have provoked him! It dose not matter what she did. He should have never put his hands on her or anyone for that matter. I started to notice something in the recent pictures of both of them. He seemed to be getting alittle possessive. There is no excuse for Domestic Abuse. You can't beat on a person because they don't do what you say or they look at another person. I am sorry this had to happen to Rihanna this could have happened to Jordin Sparks. Chris Brown's anger was going to come out sooner or later. You can never tell who will beat up on their partner. You can be the nicest person and have that anger in you. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

2026 days ago

Article19

If the STD accusations are true, then he had every right in putting her in check, yeah maybe not wit his hands but then again how would you react ? You would never know unless someone gave you the bad news. You don't run around giving people STDs knowingly especially that one.... It's for life !! If it was me..... I would have put my FOOT in her ASS too for giving me a STD. Believe me when I say this.........I'm almost positive that she knew way before hand and please lets not get into STD Symptoms. Extra cheese or if it smells funny which would be the basic one ( MEN or WOMAN ).....uuuuhhhuhh ?? Then something is wrong (PERIOD!!). The should be legal ramifications for giving someone STDs because you have to look at the big picture. You can get someone really sick as well blind in some STD cases. No Joke !! You might be able to have children as well. Furthermore not washing you ass and going to the doctor or free clinic to take care of those issues means you should keep your hot pocket closed until further notice or stop putting your spoon in other peoples cereal bowls....PERIOD !!!!

2026 days ago

vixxen

Well it's been stated that the fight/ argument happened because rihanna gave chris brown an STD.
supposedly herpes.
If that's the case she should have just told him that over the phone... not in a closed car.

2026 days ago

Island Gurl

FOR cOMMENT NUMBER 11. YOU GOT ALOT OF NERVE TO BE TALKING TRASH ABOUT "ISLAND-GURLS". ARE YOU JEALOUS? MAH BAD, YOU PROBABLY BALD.lmao WHEN U SAY ISLAND UR TALKING ABOUT (ALL) ISLANDs, GET UR cOMMENT STRAIGHT. IF SHE WAS DOING WRONG BEHIND HIS BAcK OR HAVE BEEN IN THE ABUSE BY HIM. ALL ON HER "STUPIDITY". DEY BOTH "STUPID" WHAT A WASTE OF "TALENT".

2026 days ago

...Just a damn shame!

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around THIS one. Straight up shocker!!!,,,,, I feel so bad for her!!!

2026 days ago

Shb

I dont want to believe it i really dont. but i'm just waiting to see what the story is....i want to see pictures

2026 days ago

PISSED OFF SURVIVOR

I am appaulled by these ignorant comments, made by WOMEN nontheless. What ever provoked him does not Justify him beating her down like she was a child molester/rapist. Listen to yourselves you dumbass bitches, no matter what was said, how it was said, who said WHAT, BLAH BLAH, NO WOMAN OR MAN DESERVES A SMACK, A SLAP OR FOR THEIR FACE BEAT IN! Women/Men like you is the reason why domestic violence is still here and overwhelming our families. Get a grip. You should be a shame on yourself.

I want to say thank you to all of the radios stations and TV stations for pulling his music and videos, GO FOR THEM!! YAY.... MTV; BET; TAKE NOTE!!!!!

2025 days ago

Missy

This is crazy news, he has no reason to hit any woman, no man does! It dosen´t matter if she´s a controll freak because if ha can´t stand to be around her he shouldn´t be her boyfriend. I was a his concert in Europe but I won´t feel the same way about his music or image after this.
Sad story for such a young person as he is,
But I guess the whole "celebritything" is making him into a diva and a product and then things like hitting somebody
sems normal.