Chris Brown Investigated

For Alleged Assault

2/8/2009 7:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alleged AssaultLaw enforcement sources tell TMZ Chris Brown is being investigated by the LAPD in an alleged assault on a female.

According to police, Brown and a woman whom cops refuse to identify were arguing inside a vehicle around 12:30 this morning when suddenly things allegedly turned violent.

Cops say they received a 911 call, and when they arrived they noticed the woman had visible injuries. We're told she then identified Brown as her attacker. Cops say Brown had left the scene by the time police arrived.

Cops say they are looking to speak with Brown and may arrest him when they find him.

When we called reps for Brown's girlfriend, Rihanna, for a statement, her people told us, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."

UPDATE
: Grammy officials have just announced that Rihanna will neither perform on the show tonight -- as scheduled -- nor walk the red carpet for the event. The same announcement has been made about Chris.

Story developing...

Against Rhiana my frined called me this morning her husband is a cop and got the call. I did not believe her but I guess it's true.

BobbieKristina

Well. Maybe this will save that life of his....slow him down some. He's a nice kid. But, I think he might like puzzy too much!

Besides, that damn girlfriend of his..Rihanna...is driving him NUTS with her insecurity and possessiveness. He's too young to be tied down Rihanna!!!!!! The sun does not rise and shine in YOUR poontang!

Ugh

I bet he assaulted Jordin Sparks. She said she is prettier than him, and he got pissed and decided she needed "No Air".

hannah

rihanna and chris brown have pulled out of the grammys and are being replaced by boyz II men and al green. Their rehearsals on friday were amazing but they pulled out this morning. Rihanna is currently at cedars sinai.

BobbieKristina

Poor fellow. He got mixed up with a Third World Witch. Wow. She drove him to the edge with her controlling azz! He shoulda stuck to the fine American-bred girls instead of that Islander trash.

My daddy always said...'When you play in trash, it'll get in your eyes'. Hang in there Chris. You're the only one in that relationship with talent! Don't let her take you down to her level....TRASH.

2000 days ago

Yup my friend said he beat her up bad and she said that it was not the first time. Chris fled the scene but left his car there

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Don't all of 'em beat up their women?

Now what now?

Wow, it never occured to me that Rihanna might be the victim. Damn Chris.

mike

omg i think its hilarious how people are like omg my friend said and this guy called me blah blah blah instead of just waiting to see what happened...w.e..

wow

yeah, I also heard it was his girlfriend. my bff's boyfriend works the grammy's and he texted her the news that chris is due to be arrested after the show and she might not performe if makeup doesnt cover it up.. AGAIN, I dont know how true this is...It's just what I was told.

beth

isnt that ironic....chris brown arrested for assault and his girlfriend suddenly cancells her ferformance because she is in a "CAR ACCIDENT"???????????????? yeah

mattyd

I am from Barbados and I support Rihanna one hundred percent. It's time for her to get with someone a little more classier, and as for fathertime, stop spreading your ignorance far and wide, american girls are no better than any other girls.

2000 days ago

Ok my friend is married to the cop that was at the scene she told me at 5:00 in the morning I did not believe it.. I posted this on justjared in the morning now TMZ is reporting it..

ANNA

NO WAY IN HELL.. OMG WTF IS HE CRAZY ..IF HE DID THIS OVER FOR HIM.. I FEEL BAD AS A FAN, BUT NO MAN SHOULD TOUCH A WOMEN.. ITS A SHOCK THAT CHRIS BROWN WOULD DO THIS HE LOVES HIS MOTHER SO MUCH WHY WOULD HE HURT A FEMALE. LETS HOPES HE SHOWS ^^ 2 NITE.. I PRAY 4 U..

Wow

What's that in his mouth?