Chris Brown Turns Himself In

2/8/2009 11:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownTMZ can confirm that Chris Brown just entered an LAPD station, where he turned himself in to police.

Chris is being investigated by the LAPD for an alleged domestic violence felony battery that occurred early this morning near Hancock Park in L.A. Police officials said earlier today they may arrest Brown when they find him. Well, now they know where he is.

According to the female victim -- who cops refuse to identify -- she and Chris got into an argument which turned violent. Cops say when they arrived at the scene, Brown had split, but the woman had "visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker."

Brown and his girlfriend Rihanna were together earlier last night, attending Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party -- and both canceled their scheduled performances at tonight's event.

Brown is currently being interviewed by detectives.

Story developing
...

Kayla Taylor

that does not sound like something he would do and he changin alot.he things he grown but hes not

Lisa

Ok, yes this absolutely shocking. But in no way does this incident call for Chris Brown to lose his career. People are human and people make mistakes. No one was there and no one saw or actually heard what happened. I totally agree that it should never have escalated to the point of her getting hurt ect... but face it folks couples no matter how happy they may appear,at times have arguments, even fights. This does not make Chris Brown a bad person, it just shows that he is human and humans are capable of doing messed up stuff sometimes. Its so easy to point fingers and judge but I'm pretty certain nobody posting lives under a glass ceiling and there's probably a bone or two hiding in the closet no matter how minor....or major. I like both Chris Brown and Rhianna I hope them the best in resolving this unfortunate situation. Sometimes your anger gets the better of you and you do something you otherwise would never do. That doesn't make you a horrible person....Come on people ease up things happen yes this is surprising but I pray that they both find the strength to move on with or without eachother.

MermaidsArePretty

You people are so judgemental. You don't know what happened. The woman may have started attacking him and he could have injured her by simply trying to push her away. The so called "injury" could be a simple tiny scratch! I don't care for Chris Brown or Rihanna, but he doesn't deserve to be labeled a woman beater without anyone knowing what REALLY happened.

Brianna

OMG I DONT BELIEVE THIS AND THIS DOESNT EVEN SOUND LIKE SOMETHING CHRIS BROWN WOULD DO AND I PRETTY SURE THAT IF HE DID HIT HER IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AND HE DIDNT MEAN TO DO IT AN IF HE DID IT WAS FOR THE FIRST TIME. AN I FEEL THAT THEY SHOULDNT BE TOGETHER ANYWAYZ BECAUSE HE CAN DO BETTER AND I HOPE HE DOESNT LOSE EVERYTHING HE HAS OVER HER BECAUSE HE HAS A LOT OF TALENT AND EVEN THOUGH HE ALLEGELDY DID W/E HE STILL DIDNT LOSE MI AS A FAN BECAUSE I AM RIDE OR DIE BABY I LUV U CHRIS

ciara

i think chris brown just was going through tuff times and when ppl get mad they do stupid things.i know he probably regrets it cuz he neva came off to me as a bad person and i still support him to the fullest. so every one get off his back and let him be.

key

you guys stupid he aint do it. even if he did it bet not ruin his career all people make mistakes Rihanna did some worse things and aint nobody who really hated chris hope it ruin her career i love chris and you need to shut up hatas, he made a mistake ( i believe he didn't do it) get ova it.

jeanny

BEFORE YOU GO AFTER CRIS BROWN HEAR BOTH SIDES SHE COULD HAVE SARTED TO HIT HIM ( WHICH STILL DOES NOT MEAN HE HAS TO HIT HER ) IT HAS BEEN SAID TODAY SHE GAVE HIM A S.DD SO LET THE TRUES BEEN COME UP FIRST BEFORE YOU GO AFTER HIM

Nikki

Whatever happened there are always 3 sides to every story. His side, her side and the truth. I in no way condone abuse, but in some situations it is going to happen. Who is to say one didn't provoke the other? I know that my boyfriend would not put his hands on me out of anger, BUT if I hit him; and keep hitting to hurt him, I had better be ready for what is coming at me. I know there are alot of post that say abuse is wrong no matter what, but you are only going to do what some allows you to do. This is probably not the first time this has happened.

mary alvarez

WOW! Not cool chris...Only cowards hit women & bite marks? eh? what tha?! Dang....Calm down mike tyson...no bitting.

mary alvarez

Wow...Bad chris....the whole thing is just so sad. Both talented young kids but, dang...not cool if he really did hit her regardless of who provoked who....violence only leads the the results chris got himself into now..JAIL. I wonder if he really did hit her if she'll take him back.Hmmmmm?? Alot of women stick around...'til it's too late. Just sad the whole thing.

dissapointed fan

Steroids gone wrong! What a waste of talent!!!

ShAwTaii

No one has been assured yet that Chris Brown is the alleged attacker. Don't be so quick to judge!!! Rhianna is a beautiful, intelligent girl and she will choose what she wants to do about the situation; if she was even the person attacked. Don't believe everything you hear!!! Also, famous artists are arrested all the time; he is NOT going to lose his career.

DoNicky

AWWWWWW POOR CHRIS BROWN...I HOPE HE GETS OUT...I KNOW HE WILL CAUSE HE CAN AFFORD THE BAIL...BUT HE CAN BEAT ON ME ANYTIME HE WANTS....LOL...LOVE YOU CHRIS BROWN...TO RIHANNA; SORRY GIRL ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, HOPE U RECOVER!

Starr R.

And we thought that this one(when I say "This One" I mean a BIG HIT) was going to make it through.

Mika

If this is true, it will ruin his career for awhile, the ladies will love him but it will be hard to believe he would be that guy to hit a woman, and Rhianna may end up back with him its young love but could be a learning lesson for them both. Keep your relationship private like Beyonce and Jay-Z who founded Rhianna.