« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Linda

The sad part of all this is if a player has to take drugs to be the best player in baseball, then he never had a chance at becoming thte best player at all. The best player is natural ability..and doesnt have to stoop to drugs to do it for him.

1989 days ago

twinkle35

Anyone and I mean anyone who would be disrespectful about someones death is an ABSOLUTE DOUCHE BAG!!!!! I don't care what you think about him and his passing he is STILL

1989 days ago

twinkle35

Anyone who is disrespectful to the dead has to be A DOUCHE BAG! You must remember that he was STILL someones father, brother, son, and/or friend! People like you should have a pix of yourself placed under MORON

1989 days ago

hus

The truth is he IS NOT A CHEAT because 90% of all athletes USE STEROIDS, u all can live in ur imaginary world and believe that only 1 or 2 is using but the truth is its in every sport and will never go away. So its stupid to single out any1, 90% of people in baseball,nfl,pro wreslting,olympics etc it doesnt matter what sport they are using something to give them an edge. So how can u be cheating when every1 is doing it? thats the reality face it or be a SHEEP and believe in the fairyland world.... BTW the USA is has the most amount of steroid use in sports more than any1, why do u think the keep wining the olmpics? hmm i guess carl lewis wasnt using and ben jonson was?pff what a joke. The major nations USA,RUSSIA,CHINA can get away with it... But as i said b4 every1 is using so its not cheating but testing 1 guy positive and another negativer because hes nation is richer and gives there athletes desgigner steroids,hgh etc and gets away with is cheating. carl lewis is no2 not no1.

1978 days ago

ilove95037

what a sad day for sports... :o(

2025 days ago

savvydude

Are his 15 minutes up yet?

2025 days ago

99centz

FIST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

2025 days ago

equity

Will Rodriguez and Phelps lose their medals/awards like Marion Jones? Fair is fair.

2025 days ago

Emz

HA! TMZ® broke out the "WHIP" again.. Calling A ROD

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez

Cheater Rodriguez

Liar Rodriguez

Ruiner

SO FRAK'N HILARIOUS!!!

2025 days ago

pollynoo

Friggin' no-talent fraud...

2025 days ago

M ROD

GET OVER IT! ALL ATHLETES HAVE ONE TIME OR ANOTHER HAVE TURNED TO SUBSTANCES IN ORDER TO ENHANCE THEIR GAME AT A PROFESIONAL LEVEL... A ROD WASS JUST TRYING TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES SO THAT HE COULD PUT ON A SHOW FOR THE FANS... GIVE THEM THEIRE MONEYS WORTH...

SO LAY OF THE ROD BIATCHES!

2025 days ago

hockeygrl

my opinion doesn't mean squat but as far as I'm concerned his stock went down when he linked himself to that hag Madonna, now he's double a fraud

2025 days ago

dyna5ty

This is a little harsh, you jump all over the guys who lie about stuff and won't admit it. This guy is admitting it and your still all over him. We need a little fair journalism or this country is screwed.

2025 days ago