« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

brainchild

Another Yankee bites the steroid needle. How many more???

slanky

At the time he was not breaking any MLB rules. If you think it was only him and Bonds then I have a bridge to sell you.

buddha1

All in the name of greed!!!

Gypsy

Gee what a shocker (NOT!). Baseball is a joke.. They ALL do drugs to perform better. And morons who are baseball fans will say its ok and act as though they had no idea. Put your beer down for once and watch it sober. Baseball sucks!

lis

A FRAUD HASNT BEEN A PLAYER IN A WHILE ANYWAYS HE THINKS HE IS JUST A BIG CELEB..........WELL DUDE UR A CHEATER AND LIAR I AM A YANKEES FAN BUT I WILL NOT GIVE ANOTHER ONE OF MY DOLLARS TOWARDS THE YANKEEN,SO A- FRAUD CAN JUICE IT UP NO...........WAY.................

brainchild

YEAH!!!! GO RED SOX!!!

shawn johnson fan

Mr J

At least he owned up to it... unlike so many others.

thug nasty

who cares if he was honest? a positive drug test is pretty hard to deny. only a dumbass would have tried that (aka roger clemens). everyone who's ever played with a-rod hates him and they call him "a-fraud" anyways. what a joke. baseball is a joke.

Mark

I wonder if "deeply regretful" includes returning all the money he made while using performance enhancing drugs.

brainchild

Actually, this is a very smart move--to own up to it before it careens out of control. Then he can say he only did them with the Rangers. OF course, he already denied EVER doing steroids, so it's hard to believe anything the LYING YANKEE says.

And to all those who say "so what"?? It's cheating--whether it was banned or not. If you need that stuff to help you hit the ball--YOU"RE A FAKE!!!! Let the honest people play. If you think it's OK to cheat--then you're a cheater yourself.

Rick

Equity, your the stupidest person on her. Marion Jones lost her medals because she took performance enhancing drugs to win and then lied about it. Michael smoked weed trust me this weed did not make him a better swimmer.

Gypsy

20. I am trying to figure out why this is such a big deal... he used them... he lied... he has now admitted and apologized... can I also remind everyone that when he took them THEY WERE'T BANNED SUBSTANCES! Get with the program people... he did it before it was against the rules... so who gives a crap? It's not like this test was taken YESTERDAY!?!?

Posted at 2:58PM on Feb 9th 2009 by someone who thinks people who care are losers

This is the stupidest statement I've read regarding steroid use. So you're saying his inflated salary of hundreds of millions of dollars is justified because it was OK to take performance drugs in the past? If that's what you're saying, then I'm in favor of a salary cap for all baseball players because obviously its ok to be a fraud and not a true talent. I mean seriously. Do YOU think he's worth the money he's paid knowing this? I

melanne

Well now I see why Madonna left ARod & started messing around with the younger model guy. She got bored with his little thing! Guess it's true what they say about steroids lol!

Sanity

Post a poll asking how many people think he is still taking performance enhancers. Once a cheat always a cheat.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments