« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

marta

why isn't I dont give a crap an option of this poll?!!!!

Al Jazeera

HA! YANKEES SUCK!

now we know why he was seeing Madona; her balls are big enough for both of them!!!!

Nostradamus

TMZ, how in the hell do you get away with your comments?................

.................don't change a bit. I LOVE IT!

That was hilarious

btw, his wife got out of his life just in time

Not a liberal sissy

Hey at least he fessed up. Back then everyone was using, it wasn't under the microscope as it is now. Sure it was wrong, but again ... at least he admitted it instead of denying it over and over like some of these idiots.

And to "toofastforyou" - First of all, you weren't FIRST, so ha ha. Second ... seriously? That is the highlight of your day ... having the first post on a TMZ thread? Good lord ... seriously ... go jump off a bridge man, that is pathetic.

Not a liberal sissy

And for the record, I am more disappointed in him having anything to do with Skelator (Madonna) than using roids.

Correction

Some people posting here (and whoever the TMZ staffer is who wrote the article) seem to think that A-Rod was breaking some major rules or something. He wasn't. The truth is that during those years, he was not in violation of ANY of the substance rules governing Major League Baseball.

He is also NOT in the same situation as Marion Jones, who was competing as a representative of her country, was funded as such, AND was in serious violation of a number of the banned-substance rules governing THAT body.

Regardless of where your opinions fall regarding the use of steroids in a variety of sports, A-Rod, in terms of baseball, was doing what the vast majority have been doing for quite some time.

And as someone else mentioned, at least he's on TV today totally coming clean, which is far more than the other guys have done.

NiceGuy

Yep,This is why I've banned baseball in my living room nor will I ever attend a baseball game live! I wouldn't be surprised if other sports use steroids,too.

Chopington

Very sad. While many people don't care for Alex, he does have talent, that has been proven in the past few years. What he did with the Rangers was a mistake, he will have to live with and pay for that for the rest of his career.

jaylow

Yeah but guess what nothing will happen to him..he will still retire filthy rich...people will still keep going to baseball games and the baseball players will get fatter and richer...until some kind of REAL punishment happens to the players and the MLB, I will not care about these stupid stories

Angie

What a joke? He left Texas to attempt to win a Championship but has not yet! Over paid to stand out there anyway! Cheats on his wife with a worn out old hag - left your kids for that! Your a joke! All that Yankee money is worth a crap with a bunch on cheaters on their line up!!! Sale out fake! You got greedy - now look at you!

carlito way

STOP HATING TMZ...HE IS STILL THE BEST BASEBALL PLAYER IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW OR PERHAPS OF ALL TIME,AND HIS LATIN!!!

Spaced_Out

He is just the whipping boy for all the others who have used steroids. Fans love to build up their idols, then tear them down when they see they're not the superhuman they made them out to be

Gordo

I want my money back for all the games I went to, the time I lost and money spent on concessions to pay for his pumped-up salary ($10 beer and $6 Cracker Jack) -- thinking that this game was more legit than WWE. Yo,Obama! Tax him too. His fraud is worse than Madof's and Wallstreet's.

Lindsay

"blah blah blah cheater..." thats why i love you tmz!!!

what an arrogant jerk.

go sox!

TMZ hits a new low

Boo hoo, I was young, bla bla bla....this was only a few years ago CLOWN! Liar, next. And he should be stripped of all awards just like Marion Jones, thanks poster for pointing that out! Could not agree more. A true putz if there ever was one. He probably thought his looks would get him by and his fake skills.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments