« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jen

I can't wait for Jose Canseco's new book: "I TOLD You So!"

lulu

You know...these sports figure often don't have time for the public....the fans....like we are bothering them. Then something like this happens and all of a sudden they are all teary-eyed and asking for forgiveness. What is that??? He thought he was just too big..untouchable. Sorry, but you made your own bed, now lie in it.

jabba

How much of his present salary is based on his 'past performance'. And to think Pete Rose gambled on baseball and is banned for life? At least he wasn't 'juiced' up!! I think a public should be given to Jose Conceioco--he was truthful all along. The only ones willing to 'forgive' A-Rod are the 'wannabees'. C'mon people! One standard for Michael Phelps and another for A-Rod? Crap!

gutsygirl

He waited until they had the goods on him to admit his guilt.
Are you listening kiddies? You confess your crime*.

*only when caught!

Give me the Sully's of the world any day over the A-Rods.

malinda

wow what is this country coming to?!what happened to this being an ANONYMOUS test?!are we that stupid we dont know what that word means?!?haaaa when all is said and done this was 6+ years ago....GET OVER IT. and what about the other 103 players that are included in this list?how come there names arent being brought up? hmmm pretty interesting to me. alex acted like a man and fessed up when asked to do so...unlike pathetic barry bonds or roger clemens.subtract all his homeruns before 2003 and by the time he leaves the yanks....i bet he STILL breaks the record for most homeruns....oh yeah and i CANT wait to watch my boys including AROID (or whatever childish names u want to call him) win the world series this year.bahahahahah GO YANKEES ; )

Proud American

I bet that is why Madonna ran to another man-child, She usually run when there is some kind of contrevorsy, if it isn;t on her.

chad

Who cares!!!

DAMN

BIG KCUFFIN DEAL.

Brian

To all the apologists

A Rod came to the Yanks on the 'strength' of 'his' performance....and then tanked in the post season. And again. And again. Perhaps he didn't have the 'strength' to continue on into the playoffs. Perhaps all that $$$$ could've gone to talent with the ABILITY to keep performing throughout the playoffs.

Punk ass bitch.

Momto1

I find it ironic that everyone can "forgive and forget" Phelps and smoking POT- but have the nerve to rip on Alex Rodrigez. I don't particularly approve of A-Rod or his actions, but you can't "hate" one and continue to put the other on a pedestal. As least this one was in "improve" his performance, or so he thought.

Marc

And 'um you're a cheat! A fraud! You have NO credibility.
And 'um you're a loser. You will NEVER win a ring! It's called karma!
And 'um your sport is the dirtiest of all sports!
And 'um get used to seeing this --------> *Alex Rodriguez.
And 'um best of luck w/ Leatherface, LOL!!!!!!!!

GH15

You generation nothingness idiots do realize these substances have been around since the 1930's? You do realize many of your heros from the 50's until now used them as well(dianabol=pinkies)? You do realize they are only illegal because Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson (juiced at the time and caught) beat a roided American Carl Lewis(never caught)at the Olympics. You do realize that the DEA, FDA and AMA all pleaded with Congress not to make them a controlled substance? You do realize that less than 10 people in 70 years have been linked to dieing as a DIRECT result of these substances(that includes the homo Lyle Alzado)? You do realize that around 500,000 die every year from alcohol and cigarretes(hypocrisy)? You do realize that no matter how much testosterone and primobolan you take, it will not make you hit a baseball any better? You do realize that a cortisone shot is perfectlly fine in sports yet allows a player to play who maybe couldn't move just 10 minutes earlier? All you people are clueless about these substances and there BENEFITS to all men. Hypocrisy at its finest, websites like this feature cosmeticlly enhanced stars on a daily basis (fake chest, fake hair, botulism injections in the face) and chastises a man who takes hormones HIS BODY PRODUCES ANYWAY! Get over it already

whythehaters

I still dont get the Barry Bond haters the guy NEVER tested hot why do you insist he's guilty? because some guy wanting to make money said his name? I would hate to be presumed guilty even though I never tested for something illegal.listen the guy has nothing to gain hes done with baseball and is still fighting all this dont we need to spend our tax money on better things!!!!

HULK SMASH

A-ROD JUST SUCKS BALLS IN THE CLUTCH AND THE POST SEASON EVERY YEAR ANY WAYS.
HE IS "JUST PAY-ME ROD" AFTER ALL. A HIRED MERCENARY WHO SUCKS WHEN IT'S IMPORTANT EVERY TIME. IF HE WAS ABOUT THE LOVE OF THE GAME THEN HE WOULD PLAY FOR FOOD MONEY. I JUST DON'T THINK IT'S OKAY WHEN KIDS IDOLIZE THE GUY AND HE'S BASICALLY BEEN A CHEATER FOREVER. I GUESS IT'S OKAY TO CHEAT AS LONG AS YOU DON'T GET CAUGHT, BUT WHEN YOU DO YOU SAY I WAS REALLY STRESSED TO PERFORM AND THAT MAGICALLY SOLVES EVERYTHING. NO HALL OF FAME FOR YOU CHEATER.
LOVE,
HULK SMASH

sallygail

this and madonna you look like a fool. bet your wife is glad your gone!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments