« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

A-Roid Confesses -- Cheater, Cheater, Cheater

2/9/2009 4:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Alex "The Fraud" Rodriguez just 'fessed up to taking performance-enhancing drugs while playing for the Texas Rangers during a three-year period beginning in 2001.

A-Rod: Click to watch
Cheater Rodriguez told ESPN's Peter Gammons, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day."

Liar Rodriguez continued, "Back then, [baseball] was a different culture. It was very loose. I was young, I was stupid, I was naïve. I wanted to prove to everyone I was worth being one of the greatest players of all time."

Ruiner of Sports Rodriguez also said, "I did take a banned substance. For that, I'm very sorry and deeply regretful."

Blah, blah, blah cheater.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

SP

None of these so called super athetes records should stand. The only way these punks of today can compete is to hype themselves up on something. They don't even love the game anymore, only the money. My Dad would have played for free. After the baseball players went on strick again in the 90's my Dad quit watching and has not watched a game since. AND HE LOVED THE GAME! Phelps, A-Rod, Rose, Etc.... ruin sports for kids and adults period.

2049 days ago

GABS

This happen in 2003 not in 2008, let it go people. He's still going to be around, and he still going to be a Yankee player, he is a good player I really don't think by him being on steroids in 2003 has changed his numbers, if not the Yanks would of won the las 4 championships. He is human, people make mistakes, and no one is perfect, it was a bad judment on his part, haven't we all ever done somehting that has eventually caught up to us? We need to stop judging people. All players have their own skills and talents, if kids see them as role models I suggest parents speak to them about the good, the bad and the ugly things that might happen in the sports industry, so they won't go and follow the wrong footsteps.

2049 days ago

adonna

The nerve of these cheaters! All of his stats should be wiped from the record books forever. Play clean like me!

2049 days ago

lalalara

well, there are still 103 names to be made public...and I'm sure that some of your beloved red sox will be on that list. god I hope that little twerp dustin pedroia is on that list!

2048 days ago

muffin7

You all are WAY off base with these comments and the hate on a man just trying to do his job as best he can.
Every day musicians pop beta blockers, students pop adderall, celebrities get plastic surgery, pilots take "go-pills", etc... Everybody is on some sort of drug that enhances their careers, perhaps unfairly for those who do not take the drugs, but those people are never called cheaters.
So why so hard on steroids? They aren't bad for you, roid rage is a myth, all that they do is enhance performance. They give you faster muscle recovery so that you can train harder and better. The only reason that all of you think steroids are so bad is because you have been fooled by our government and our media. If you actually do research you will find that steroids are a miracle drug and are much safer than alcohol, tobacco, weed, opiates, cocaine, plastic surgery, sky diving, driving, flying, crossing the street... Do your research. Don't be ignorant and berate an innocent man for being ahead of our time. Ten years from now we will all be taking a form of steroids, they just won't be called that anymore.

2045 days ago

BacknBlack

AROD IS LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK OR A STRIP CLUB!!!!!! AFTER 2DAY MAYBE HE SHOULD GIVE UP BASEBALL AND BECOME AN ACTOR!!!! NOW THAT HE HAS SCREWED UP SOOO MANY TIMES I SURE HOPE THAT RED STRING WRAPPED AROUND HIS LEFT WRIST ( PROBABLY A GIFT FROM MADONNA) WILL TEACH HIM RIGHT FROM WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

2042 days ago