Chris Brown and Rihanna -- Before the Arrest

2/9/2009 11:32 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: The L.A. Times has identified Rihanna as the alleged victim, citing LAPD sources familiar with the case.

Hours before he was arrested for making criminal threats, Chris Brown attended Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party with a smiling, unblemished Rihanna.

Rihanna & Chris Brown

Victoria

I bet she was probably drunk and acting stupid and she probably blew it out of proportion and lied to the cops. Woman, for some reason, do that a lot. They lie and get their men in a whole lot of trouble. He has never been in any trouble before. I think that it is BS!

Bex

Bad Bill...you sound like a real moron.

Bex

Victoria..I agree. Women start most of this stuff and then lie. Men get a bad rap.

there`s hope

Milk does a body good! I can`t stand the way she says "bones". I hope Chris didn`t break any of her "bonns". Drink milk!

there`s hope

That dress cut loose and a boob hit her in the face! Yeah, that`s it. Well, it could of happen.

hmmm..

Oh this man is such a douche. She deserves better.

~Dee~

No one deserves to be abused, man or woman, we don't know all the facts so I don't think anyone should jump to any conclusions. We don't know if she hit him first, if so, she deserved to be hit back. Women always feel that just because they are female that a guy should not defend himself. If he did hit her, I feel bad because my teenage daughter really likes him. And growing up with an abusive dad, she doesn't need another negative influence. I say let's find out what the WHOLE story is first, then we can start throwing out our personal thoughts.

anthony

you guys should break up if it's not working out 2

Diamond

you people feel sorry for her!! She gave him HERPES!!!! she got it from TI..Yall are soooo dumb if somebody gave me a disease Im going to have for the rest of my life... I would beat them up too..

Una

Diseases ain't no joke ladies and gentlemen. Chris looked unhappy at the party. I think he confronted her about the whole thing and thats how the fight got started. I don't condone what he did, but I sure do understand it.

D

Re: #17

Surely you don't feel that "uneducated" equates to "stupid"! Because, believe me, lots of college-educated yet idiotic acquaintances of mine can defeat your little prediction.

If Rihanna returns to the arms of the "publicly manly" Chris Brown, it is because she has lessons in self-love and self-respect to learn-- not because she failed to show up for, say, Freshman orientation. So bite it.

Milf Biggenson

If Chris Brown goes to jail, who is going to edumacate the world? How is we gonna know stuff like what's the best gum to chew? If Chris Brown goes to jail, I plan on going on a hunger strike for 2 minutes and then I will spend 5 minutes trying to prove his innocence and if that doesn't do it, then I will be out of tricks. I hate it when unedumacated rappers go to the slammer for stuff they meant to do but didn't wanna get caught for. It's so UNFAIR!!

Roni

Y is everyone so mad at Chris??? No one knows what really happened I cant see him hitting n e body, but her on the other hand is known for being violent with her siblings. We all know people from the islands are CRAZY!! Y not wait and find out what really happened i hate the media and Stupid A#$ people!! The media is y half of the our young stars go wild n crazy cuz of things just like this. I LOVE YOU CHRIS! for the record his charges are CRIMINAL THREATS???

hh

ok so all of you people on here talking trash about a girl who got the hell beat of her by a COWARD and making THREATS if he goes to jail for this HORRIBLE AND TOTALLY EFFED UP CRIME HE COMMITTED..you are so disgusting you make my cat's turds look like humanitarians.

yes, that's exactly what you sick FREAKS are doing - threatening someone who's been domestically abused

so obviously it's okay with you, because you get beat by your own spouse and don't mind, or you are beating your spouse so therefore it's OK

AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS FAMOUS OR TALENTED DOESN'T MEAN THEY AREN'T CAPABLE OF SICK AND CRUEL ACTS. you obviously have never seen Mommy Dearest!!!

GET A CLUE, THIS IS ABUSE, WHO CARES WHAT HIS TRIVIAL REASON WAS - IT'S PHYSICAL VIOLENCE AND IT'S WRONG!!!!

from this point on, anyone who can still call themselves a 'fan' of this d-bag is just as bad as he is, which is painfully obvious to anyone with a conscience or a heart

GROW UP, YOU SICK LITTLE CHILDREN!!!

McKL

I'm sorry. This all doesn't make sense.

Look at ALL the pictures. This is a happy couple. After the party they over-shout a hotel by a few miles (ok, and arguement in a SMALL car!!!) He beats the stuffing out of her in the car? BEATS her. Bites her. And QUICKLY she has HORRIFIC injuries (I think SOMEONE must have been padding the story)? Both cancel the grammies... the next day she is seen-and she looks ok.

Something isn't gelling---there is a MAJOR rush to judge and A LOT of assuming being done here. CHILL and find out the TRUTH before judging!

2078 days ago