Rihanna's Injuries -- "Horrific"

2/10/2009 2:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna & Chris BrownLaw enforcement sources have now gotten specific with us... police took pictures of Rihanna's injuries and they are "horrific."

As we reported, the photos show major contusions on both sides of the singer's face -- there is serious swelling and bruising. Her lip is split and her nose bloody. We have now confirmed there are bite marks on one of her arms and on several fingers.

And we now know this... Rihanna claims Brown struck her with his fists and that's what did the damage. There was no object used in the alleged attack.

Rihanna refused treatment at the scene, but before she left cops took photos. We're told the photos alone are "devastating proof of abuse."

And we've learned it was not Rihanna who called 911. Someone in the area heard her screams and called.

NotJarJarBinks

Very, very sad situation. I hope Rhianna does not turn into one of those typical abused women who keep going back because the man is sorry, sends flowers, diamonds, cars, etc., that girl better get out and get out NOW! Chris Brown was a thug from day one, she needs to be thanking God she's alive and step up some security.

Zee

Ugg! say it ain't so Chris!! I just can't get myself to believe that he would actually do something like this!

Pieces

I would have beaten you JEFF, if I I typed was "FIRST" too.

Confidence101

OMG I cant believe that he beat her with her own UMBRELLA ELLA ELLA AY AY...nah this is serious LOL I dont see it being true...Lets hope not...

saira

Like many, I'm disgusted and so disappointed in that boy. I'm sure the girl provoked something for him to have done the deed, but there is no excuse or extension for that kind of behavior. What a wuss to beat up a girl!! booo Chris brown.. you used to be hot.

Zee

I really really REALLY hope this ISN'T true!!!

Rob

This is heartbreaking. They are both amazing and awesome talents. I thought Chris Brown was one of the few in his genre with class and now to see he OJ'd her is sad. She had more hits in the last year than any other female recording artist in popular music. It would be intresting to know what she did to provoke it. But what kind of man beats a woman? His career is over. I hope he made enough money because after this, his legal bills, any damages she pursues (or her label, management and booking agency) - he will be mopping floors. Sad. Other than having smaller breasts she is the most beautiful and perfect woman to be breathe. What a clown - good job Chris - you lost your woman AND your career.

goodwitch

As for the herpes story, there are previous photos of them together, and she has an obvious sore on her lip, So he knew already. Chris said in an interview with GIANT magazine in 2007, he hated his abusive, horrible, stepfather, and told his mom he wanted to kill him, at age 11 yrs. This is where his behavior comes from. I guarantee this is not the 1st time he hit a woman, just the 1st time his 'handlers' couldn't cover it up, because the victim is famous. There will be other abuse stories coming out. Hopefully, now he will get the help he needs.

Mimi

2. Ugh, Hate to say this, but that doesn't even add up to what has already come out. She sounds like she dsn't have her story straight.

Posted at 10:47PM on Feb 9th 2009 by Serenity

What are you talking about? She hasn't made a public statement. Everything reported in the press has been leaks, no official statement. TMZ's source is not getting it straight.

tya

chris brown needs to DIE, he is a A$$ hole

sunshine

Where are the photos? the mug shot! C'mon TMZ! You got sources...

sher

HER story??? those are the POLICE insiders who TMZ has oiled. this is THEIR recounting of the incident. rihanna isn't talking to the press or tmz. sounds like tmz saw the pix, too.

the state proceeds with this case, btw, not rihanna. they have sufficient evidence of a beating, it appears.

bsp

What the heck are you guys talking about she hasn't said anything, it is the media that is speculating, come on people get a brain!! She doesn't have a story for us, she is talking to police and like they are going to come out to us and say oh yeah this is what happened, they have a case to build for crying out loud. And how do you know she is a liar do you know her personally or something, had coffee with her last week maybe....not. Chris Brown is a bullying woman beater and should be strung up by his you know whats!!!!

Pieces

No, I am not. Unfortunately, the bite marks kinda give the whole thing away. If he is what some are saying a "Black Belt in Martial Arts" and he used his fists, why on earth would he bite her. As I said before, people are usually biten out of self defense. Dsn't anyone know this? I just don't understand why everyone is SO quick to point the finger at him. It just dsn't add up. There is an underlying truth to all of this. Unfortunately, we will probably NEVER know the whole story. Although, I can tell you, I will never look at her the same way. There were reports that they were seen together after the hours that the attack supposively took place. That, to me, dsn't sound like a woman who was just beaten up. I don't know. It just dsn't sound right.

I have had to bite someone before to get their hands/arms off of me. May make me sound like a bitch, but, oh well. The only other option would have been to hit them.

Mimi

13. Rihanna's bitch ass deserved that!!!!

Posted at 10:56PM on Feb 9th 2009 by tats