Salma Hayek

Got Breast Milk?

2/11/2009 1:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Salma did her duty for a malnourished baby in Sierra Leone!

0211_hayek_youtube_video-1
The line forms to the left.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Natasha

I don't know why celebrities feel like the need to travel to third world countries to feed/adopt children when there are plenty of starving children here in America....like OctoMom's kids for starters. With Selma's jugs she can feed the OctoMom's litter for a few good months easy!

2017 days ago

rbgl

I think its horrible that you guys think what she is doing is bad. She is helping to save lives. The milk gives the baby natural defenses that formula doesnt. A lot of these kids cant handle formula because their stomaches arent used to the perservatives that are put in there. Everyone should think that if you were literally dying of hunger wouldnt you be thankful someone cared to do the right thing and help as much as they could. What if you died and it was your child

2016 days ago

MissC

Okay everyone. Her name is SALMA not Selma, and according to the CDC HIV has never been transmitted by saliva. It can be passed through breast milk, but not the other way around. Here is the information and link to the website.

Saliva, Tears, and Sweat

HIV has been found in saliva and tears in very low quantities from some AIDS patients. It is important to understand that finding a small amount of HIV in a body fluid does not necessarily mean that HIV can be transmitted by that body fluid. HIV has not been recovered from the sweat of HIV-infected persons. Contact with saliva, tears, or sweat has never been shown to result in transmission of HIV.

Hope that settles this stupid argument.

Good for you Salma!

2015 days ago

Angie

While it may seem she's doing a good deed for this baby. What is she thinking by still breastfeeding her own child all along being a SMOKER? What did she really sacrifice for this baby, because she's not willing to sacrifice cigarettes for the good of her own child?

2014 days ago

Staygold

I don't normally comment and I love TMZ but you guys were off on this one. What Selma did brought tears to my eyes. I have nursed all three of my children and the look in that babies eyes was priceless. It surely did not solve all of the baby's problems but it did indeed give him a good moment in what obviously has been a difficult life. Selma's act of selflessness should be commended. Even in America there is a market for breast milk for premiees. It is very expensive but it is all some babies can keep down.

2013 days ago

sha

Hayek, I have watched your berastfeeding many mnay times.I am sure you enjoyed it so much.Though i am 26 i want to your brest milk.Breastfeed me

usman