Text Message Ignites Rihanna/Brown Violence

2/11/2009 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown & RihannaLaw enforcement sources confirm to TMZ Chris Brown received a text message from a woman while he was driving with Rihanna and that's what started the confrontation that left Rihanna battered and bruised.

We're told the text message was from a woman who wrote about hooking up with Brown later.

We've also learned there is a reference in the police report to an argument over a rapper, but we've learned this is NOT what triggered the argument. The woman who text messaged Brown is not a rapper. The NY Daily News first reported the text message.

As for Rihanna's injuries, we continue to learn more. Cops took multiple pictures at the scene. Chris Brown allegedly hit Rihanna so hard with his fists, she could barely open her eyes for the photos -- they were almost completely swollen shut. She had a fat lip, her mouth was swollen, her nose was badly bloodied, and she had contusions on her forehead and both sides of her face.

Chris brown: Click to watchAnd check this contrast out (video on right) -- Chris Brown singing a song about reading street signs with Elmo on "Sesame Street."

Adriana

He got the text message, and she was beaten... Something was lost on the translation...That's like "Forgive ME because YOU screwed up"

1968 days ago

yvettew

Hey Chris, why didn't you hit on some other women like . . . Eve, Missy, and Foxy Brown or better yet, Mo'nique? 'Cause ya know they would have beat your ass like a tight drum!! You are a punk, a boy, a child and have not a clue. My Ex-husband hit me (he snuck me in the face) and I beat him like the eggs in my cakes!! And, yes, I left the next day and we divorced. You sir, need to seek help and quick. I wish you would have hit a sister that had a brother, uncle, dad or other family member close by when this happened so they could warm your ass quickly, correctly and in a hurry. I hope you're drop by allllllllll the companies that have paid you to endorse them. You boy, deserve nothing but a 5-10 years prison sentence. Let's see how you'll dance after you drop your soap a few times!!

1968 days ago

karina

I hope chris brown loses everything and eventually get his ass kicked.....guys like that arent worth squat...there is no reason or excuse for what he did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is officially not a man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1968 days ago

Rosie

u peepz are idiots if u think this is a pic of Rhianna....are u for real? this is a nobody and tmz wants u to think its her...u peepz have nothing to do but butt into other's lives...just pasing through, going to bed now

1968 days ago

shae81

well this scene has been played out so many times before in the land of holly wood relationships. well Chris brown you are now and woman bashing no album selling has been hopefully you do not get dropped from your label and lose all your endorsements. two words anger management and to Rhianna i am so sorry that this happened to you but you will survive and rise above this being better than ever. a word of advise once a beater always a beater this case is even worse a beater to cover up being a cheater

1968 days ago

CUTiger

This reminds me of Ike and Tina. Maybe Rihanna should have a conversation with Tina. Cause she gave Ike one heck of beat down in the back of that limo.

1968 days ago

sexy&good@it

it is sad dat anotha talented young black man has chosen 2 mke da wrng choices in life. i hpe and pray dat both seek professional hlp as needed and dey both learn frm dis sad but sickenin tragedy. God is da only 1 dat can judge us so please ppl stop tryn 2 tke dat responsibility. altho we dnt like 2 hear when thngs like dis hapns da fact remains dat it does. not only 2 Rhianna but many otha women and men out there r bein abused daily. unfortunately Chris is suppose 2 b a positive role model but even wit millions he is also human like da rest of us. Chris and Rhianna...i pray u both can move on frm dis and carry on wit ur lives in da best way possible. may God continue 2 bless u both as He sees fit

1967 days ago

ma farrow

Im sorry that you and chris brown had to go through this matter and I hope this is something you both can grt past with each other and not ruin each other in the end. Much love to both of you!

1967 days ago

radicz0r

he should have hit her harder for opening her mouth and not being in the kitchen making him a sandwich

1967 days ago

Dee

When I first heard the story, it bothered me a little but I wanted more proof. After I saw the picture and read that she had ID'd him as the person who did it, it made me sick to my stomach. I can't believe he did that. I know sometimes patience gets lost and a slap or two occurs; However this little boy furiously and continously hit her. That is uncalled for. I hope he goes down one way or another. I like Rihanna and never wanted to be her for her fame and beauty. Now I wish I was her just for that one moment. I would have went Tina Turner on his ass. I hate when men prowl on passive women...Chris, come see me, I'm waiting. : )

1967 days ago

Patrice Tsetsi

i dont think Chris did it!!!!!!!! if he did then y did he wright the songs "foever" and "with you"!!!!!! HES A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1967 days ago

Cherrie_Girl

the whole story is chris was hit first after rihanna read the text message. she slapped him first so he hit her. she hit him and expected him not to hit her back? are u kiddin me???? be for real i really hate ppl who side with females just bcuz they heard one side!!! imma a female and i know better then to hit a man and not to get hit in return!!! hear the whole story before you start judging ppl!!!! society is so full of hypocrits... like u women dnt argue and try hittin ur man but you guys know better... what makes celebrities different? they are humans too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1967 days ago

Danyell Corbray

MY HEART GOES OUT TO CHRIS. EVERYONE IS AGAINST HIM, INCLUDING HIS FANS. I THINK SHE GOT WHAT SEE DESERVED, CAUSE SHE SHOULD'VE KEPT HER HANDS TO HERSELF. IF YOU CAN THROW SOME LICKS, YOU BETTER BE ABLE TO TAKE THEM. IT'S ALWAYS TWO SIDES TO A STORY. HE'S LOST EVERYTHING,WHILE SHE SITS BACK AND PLAYS THE VICTIM. CHRIS LESSON LEARNED. NEXT TIME GET A MATURE,WISER OLDER WOMAN!SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT THE NEXT WOMAN IN THE FIRST PLACE. LOOK AT JAY AND B. BEYONCE NOW THAT'S A WOMAN. SHE MAKES SURE HER BUSINESS STAYS HER BUSINESS!

1967 days ago

Scew All The Chris Brown's Types In The World

SCREW ALL THE CHRIS BROWN TYPES IN THIS WORLD...........................
FINALLY HIS AZZ GOT CAUGHT!! THAT'S ALL IT BOILS DOWN TO...IT DOES NOT MATTER
WHAT THE HECK SHE DID OR DIDN'T DO...HELL NO ONE HAS SAID YET, RIHANNA HAD A GUN PULLED
ON HIM!! WELL, IT IS WHAT IS FOR REAL....CHRIS BROWN'S IN THE WORLD YOU BETTER WATCH THE HELL
OUT BECAUSE THIS SOCIETY BECAUSE EVENTUALLY YOU WILL RUN INTO A WOMAN UNLIKE THE RIHANNA
TYPES IN THE WORLD AND IT WILL BE YOUR LAST DAY LIVING ON THIS EARTH. WE, WILL LAY IT DOWN BUT
UNFORTUNATE YOU WON'T BE THE ONE STANDING UP. PIN HIS ASS TO THE WALL AND MAKE HIS ASS DO TIME UNLIKE ANY WOMAN BEATER HAS EVEN DONE. SEND THE MESSAGE LOUD AND CLEAR TO ALL THE OTHER CHRIS
BROWN TYPES IN THIS WORLD..... YOU HIT A WOMAN OR CHILD...YOUR ASS WILL HAVE TWO CHOICES...JAIL OR
THE CELL....COFFIN TYPE....IT'S SAD THAT EVEN IN TODAY'S SOCIETY SOME PEOPLE STILL FEEL LIKE THAT CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO DO, INCLUDING CELEBRITIES, AND JUST FREAKING WALK FROM IT LIKE ....WOW
BUT, FOR THOSE THAT COMMIT THE CRIME...JUST UNDERSTAND THIS....AND UNDERSTAND THIS GOOD....IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN DO WHATEVE, WHENEVER, HOWEVER, TO WHOMEVER.....YOU, NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD THAT WOULD LOVE TO DO WHATEVER, WHENEVER TO YOU AND WALK LIKE ...WOW

1967 days ago

John Sr.

The question is? Is he (Chris Brown) the new (Ike Turner)? That is the main question

1967 days ago