Asians Want $4 Billion From Miley Cyrus

2/12/2009 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A Los Angeles woman has filed a class action suit against Miley Cyrus, claiming she mocked Asians in a recent photo by slanting her eyes. Price tag: $4 billion.

miley cyrus sued

Lucie J. Kim claims to represent more than 1 million Asian Pacific Islanders who live in L.A. County. Kim claims when Cyrus posed for the photo, she "knew or should have known that her image would be publicly disseminated via the media, which Cyrus knew focused on her private life, specifically TMZ."

Kim says in the suit, filed Wednesday in L.A. County Superior Court, that each Asian Pacific Islander is entitled to the minimum damages for a civil rights violation -- $4,000. Add it up -- $4 billion!

Kim says Miley's "just a kid" defense doesn't fly. She says it's like Paris Hilton claiming to be just a kid. Ouch.

Miley's peeps could not immediately be reached for comment.

my2cents

Ok there is a asian guy in this pic. Could this be some inside joke here? Yes, I think a 16-year-old girls should pay 4 mil for her misdeed..........................not!!! Ms Hilton is 10 years older just for the info to the woman suing. Ms Cyrus is a child and guess what, she will act like one. When a 16-year-old holds the stick that we all measure up to, we are f*&^ed!!!

melly g

thats stupid!! Are they suing all the other people in the picture as well or just Miley cause she has money?

tenthmountaindad

Yet another group of morons trying to hit the lottery jackpot. This shouldn't even see the inside of a civil court. Grow up people. No one has the right against being annoyed by someone else.

MCF

Alright, I'm all for fair treatment. It is impressive the steps that America has taken, now with a black President. But this lawsuit, and any bad press Miley has gotten, is a joke. Moments like this embarresses me. Everything nowadays has to be settled with suing another person, or even just making sure someone gets in trouble. I have nothing against the Asian community, but I feel this is just a big group of complaining, hoping to get any money they can, and contribute to the thrashing of a teenager. I understand she is a celebrity, and the microscopes come with it, but she is still just a 16 year old. I feel things like this should be against the law. To me, this seems almost like harassment, to continualy bash another person about every movement made.

A Mexican

Lucie Goosey... Sheck it out aye... Mi Abuelita is half Chino - so does she get $2K??? Meet me in East LA when you win the case... I'll be waiting to collect!

coco

PLEASE................! ! GET A LIFE, GO FEED THE HOMELESS, GO GREEN, GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!

ad

nothing more than a cheap hooker

mehh..

MILEY IS AN ASSSSSSSS!!!!!
she totally takes after her dad in the idiot category of doing before thinking..:EYEROLL"

while I agree it is someone out to make a buck, I do also agree Miley should know better, esp being she is billed as a role model..

I agree, this 'she is just a kid' thing is no excuse..
for a 6 year old, that may work, not a sixteen year old..

the Cyrus family makes me ill..

Cool Do Brit!

Ok, how about this: Get a group of Asians together in a photo with a token non-Asian, and have all of the Asians lift open their eyes real wide with their thumb and forefinger and then post it on TMZ for the world to see. There, Even Steven. One silly picture should cancel the other one out and people can get on with more important things.

gurlsnguns

This story is as bad as the recent lawsuit by 16 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS suing an Arizona rancher for holding them at gunpoint until the U.S. Border Patrol showed up after they jumped the border on HIS property. This AMERICAN CITIZEN has had his house broken into, animals killed and vandalism to his property by other ILLEGALS he finally had to do something. I can't stand the slimy attorney's who represent these ridiculous lawsuits and clog up our legal system as much as the people who feel they are entitled to large settlements for nothing. We need to stop the insanity!

Kati

Only in LA County!

keifer

first- # 7 reply, I hope you are seven yrs old. wishing someone would have a heart attack. you are so nice!!

second- Miley is how old? she will act how old at times, she is a teenager, get for real!! this only makes this person filing suit too get their name in the press, get over it honey, you will not recieve a dime!!

last but not least, Mily is a young artist, being creative on and off camera is one of those laughable fun things to do!!

longprong

me so hoeny

katia

this law suit is ridiculus but miley cirus got to go . she is so last year.

native american

What about the Asian dude? His eyes are wide open, what's up with that? He made a funny face just like the rest in the picture. Their eyes are like his and his are like theirs'. WHO CARES!!!!