« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Motocross Champ's Bad Week Gets Worse

2/12/2009 4:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Brian DeeganMotocross legend Brian Deegan was arrested for an alleged bar brawl on Saturday ... the same day his best friend sustained injuries in a bike crash that would later take his life.

Deegan was arrested for suspicion of assault after a throwdown at the iLounge bar in Orange County, where he allegedly sliced open a patron's face by hitting him with a glass.

The same day, Brian's best friend, Jeremy Lusk, sustained major injuries during a botched back flip at a freestyle motocross event in Costa Rica. Lusk never regained consciousness after the wreck -- and passed away on Tuesday.

Launch Photos

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mulisha trooper

You guys are such haters, Deegan is one of the most down to earth celebs there is and he is awesome guy.

I don't see him with lil man syndrome and as far as the comment of lil balls or whatever, Lets see you guys jump 50 feet in the air doing a back flip or superman. If you personally don't know him don't pass judgement!

2036 days ago

brit

As someone who has known Brian, his wife and his children for many years...I can say that all of you on here that hide behind a computer screen and call Brian names and ridicule him are truly pathetic. You hear rumors and believe them...the truth is that Brian is a Christian man and one of the most kind-hearted men anyone will ever know. He lives for Christ, loves his wife and adores his children. He was defending his own wife and the wife of his best friend that night...& for all of you that say life isn't fair because Brian is an idiot and Jeremy was a Christian...you should all know that Jeremy Lusk was baptized in Brian's jacuzzi and was saved in Brian's living room. Those of you calling him a "wife beater" are completely condradicting yourselves: Brian is in trouble for DEFENDING his wife, but you say he beats his wife!?! You all need to get a life. None of you have any right to judge Brian...get overselves....& if you really want Brian to know how you feel why don't you tell him to his face instead of being the cowards that you are and hiding behind your computer screens with your fake idenitities and talking trash...I pity you.

2035 days ago

nick

you guys that are sayin crap like brian deegan is stupid and a drug addict give the guy a break he made a mistake u dont know this dude could be the tightest person to hang out with

2026 days ago

nick

i agree with mulisha trooper
ive been in freestyle moto for 12 years and still get goose bumps when i hit gaps

and the person talkin crap about brians nuts how the the hell would u know wat r u a stalker UR JUST ANOTHER HATER

2026 days ago

Go away

That video of Jeremy Lusk fatally injuring himself is very disturbing. I don't think anyone really needs to see that. It stayed with me for days. That day of the crash, he said the winds in Costa Rica were very strong and that made him uncomfortable to perform that night. I wish he would have listened to his gut. What a tragic loss. RIP Jeremy!

2044 days ago

Go away

I didn't click on it. Better that people don't see it. Trust me. The actual video of the crash was removed from youtube as well it should have been.

2044 days ago

nothing better to do

RIP Jeremy.

We will miss you.

Lots of love to you Lauren.

2044 days ago

ME

I WATCHED THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AND I WAS UPSET THE REST OF THE DAY. IT WAS HORRIFIC. BUT I DID SEE THIS GUY RUN OUT TO HIM. GUESS ACTING A FOOL IN A BAR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LIFE OF YOUR FRIEND. RIP JEREMY. GOD BLESS HIS FAMILY.

2044 days ago

the truth

Live by the sword die by the sword...remember that people everyone that plays it to extreme's knows this

2044 days ago

realtruth

Hey let's tar and feather this guy for assault like we have Chris Brown.

2044 days ago

jess

Hottie

2044 days ago

Loons

He is so hott! I'd so hit that!! METAL MULISHA. RIP Jeremy

As for the Chris Brown comment...CB is wack and beat the Sh*t out of girl. A drunk dude in a bar is fair game!!!

2044 days ago

Robert

I have rode with both of these guy's I concider them both friends and good ridin partners.
R.I.P. JEREMY BRO.

2044 days ago

english

@9 Robert - I'd suggest you quit huffing gas with your lame friends and get yourself an education. You'll be glad you did.

2044 days ago

JaN

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I hate that crack smoking jerk Brian Deegan! Finally he gets what he deserves. A night in JAIL. He thinks he's so bad. . .I've seen it first hand at his home in Temecula, Ca.
Unfortunately we lost Jeremy Lusk - A born again christian who lived for his wife, family and FANS. Bless his soul and R.I.P. Lusk - You definitly left behind a legacy. . . Maybe one day Brian Deegan will change his life around just as that wonderful man Jeremy did. . .For himself. . .

2044 days ago