Farrah Fawcett Sues Over THAT Photo

2/13/2009 9:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Farrah FawcettIf you were alive in the 1970s, you either had or knew someone who had that iconic red swimsuit photo of Farrah Fawcett plastered on their wall. Now, that photo is at the center of a lawsuit.

Fawcett is suing Bio-Graphics inc., Pie International Inc. and author T.N. Trikilis, claiming that Trikilis "has falsely asserted to third parties that [Fawcett] does not own any rights in the photographs."

Fawcett says she "owns and possesses all the photographs and negatives of all the photographs taken at the photo shoot."

Fawcett claims Trikilis and Pie were telling people they owned exclusive rights to the photo. She says Trikilis and Pie have reproduced the photo and are selling it.

Farrah is suing for $100,000 minimum.

UPDATE -- We almost never put comments up on the site, but this one is too good: "I still have the poster on my bedroom wall & it still does the trick..."

RtSS

Wow... Harsh! I am a huge Farrah fan as I was in my 'formative' years during the 70's. While she is no Rocket Scientist, have a tad bit of compassion for her, she just finished a lengthy battle with Cancer. That can't be cheap. Also, after all this time, she is still the Best Angel out of all of Charlie's gaggle of angels.

Sandeana

Why would this washed up old has been be worried about who owns the rights to photos of her that were taken something like 30 years ago?

Howard Robard Hughes IIV

I wish her well has she beat the cancer yet?.I would say she had a contract and none of us know what was in that contract.She could have rights to total ownership or just just for hire work or a %.I`am sure her agent got her some kind of a contract.Court room battles for ownership usally go to the person in the photo if no one else including the tog does not own the pix from the get go.I would have tought the studio owned all of her images and could and did double her at will in the new movies.Maybe she hire the tog and thus got all the film....I wish I had all my pixs& negs...crotchy the clown....blah balh blah.But I do own my persona.

oprah

well, the way I look at it is she has to find a way to pay for all her cancer treatment done in Germany, so I don't blame her for digging up her basement...............

sandy

Well, I know for a fact. If I spent money to get rights to photos of me I would make sure I got ANY money owed to me from anyone that tried to profit from them.

Pregnant at 44

Where do you think the song Undercover Angel came from in 1977?

Switch

my brother had that poster back then. i took over the room after and put up a MGD poster with a bunch of girls instead. (farrah was dated for my age. i was into the 80's girls) the Farrah poster is probably still up there maybe in the crawl space. my dad is from the depression so it prob never got thown out. pack rats

roo

Isn't she a transsexual?

hmmm..

Oh how I long for the days of real boobs like those in the pic..

Mrs Joe Jackson

She has the rights.. and the nipples. Loved those.. they could cut glass.

Hugh Jass

Hey folks, it doesn't matter what the law is otherwise, or who oughta/woulda/coulda/mighta done or what's customary, if she actually owns all the rights by contractual agreement as she alleges in the lawsuit, well, then they're all hers. End of story. She was sophisticated enough back then and had representation, so it's likely she arranged it so that she ended up with all the rights by contractual agreement, as well as ending up with the original photo prints and negatives as she contends. If she has the negatives, this points to the fact that she likely contractually kept or ended up with all the rights. And if the defendants have made money by selling copies while aserting they have the exclusive rights to do so, they get to pony up. Right, Harv?

1987 days ago

I read TMZ for the interesting stories, please no more Paris

That's a beautiful, natural Texas woman from back in the day. No implants, no airbrushing, no artificial anything. You go girl!

Black Teef

I delivered many loads on Farah's mouth, breasts, & crotch.

why?

I had to see that poster every day of my life for like 2 years, I feel like I know her somehow. Weird. Anyway, I hope she gets some money because she is surviving Cancer and all. TMZ----WOULD YOU PLEASE GET RID OF THAT PIC OF OCT MOMS BELLY ON THIS SITE IN THE ADVETISEMENTS. PLEASE-PLEASE-PLEASE. IT IS TOO DISTRESSING TO SEE THAT OVER AND OVER, I AM JUST GOING TO STAY AWAY TILL ITS GONE. THAT WOMAN MAKES ME SICK, CAN'T STAND HER, SHE'S A SELFISH CRAZY B#$%@ FOR PUTTING HER KIDS AND PARENTS THROUG THIS! IHOPE HER UTERUS FALLS INTO HER VAGINA.

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

I like this one from Steve Martin (and I'm probably paraphrasing a little here): "The nights I've spent holding up her poster with one hand."

1986 days ago