Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

LOL @ Chris

Chris loves it in the brown and thats what he'll get from his buddys in jail. IN THE BROWN CHRIS BROWN!

BB

PEOPLE - what are you talking about?? Innocent until proven guilty, he ALREADY apologized so he's guilty, HELLO?? Did you people finish 8th grade?? You don't know what happened - really? I think I can piece it together because I'm not an idiot. And it doesn't matter WHAT SHE DID, you DO NOT HIT A WOMAN. How do you know he won't do it again, he said he'd never hit a woman to begin with. If this were a friend or family member I would not turn my back on them but I certainly would not leave any room for sympathy, what he did was wrong and he will pay the price.

dumbbbbb

all that money.. and cant buy class (typical)

karaliz

I like the people that say leave him alone you don't know whats going on....umm obviously he beat her i know that thats always wrong! haha

MegAshChaos

Ok, i dont know what to believe cuz i dnt believe he could do such a thing, but at the same time...this came up awful late. its hard to tell if hes guilty OR innocent!

Dana

Rhianna is a beautiful girl. I mean NOTHING gives Chris the right to put his hands on her. I think that his apology statement is a bunch of BS. No apolgies will ever be enough. She is foolish if she ever takes him back.

Paula

What an idiot. Lock him up!

jujub

Can you say....crash and burn

tweety

Chris I love you and I know that you didn't mean to but as long as you put God first everything would be okay

AMAC21

I USED TO LOVE Chris Brwon for his many talents, but being an abuser isnt one of them. It's so sad that he's such a little bitch. I would've never expected this kind of behavior from him & for him to allow the EXCUSE that he was provoked be spread around, makes him even less of the measure of a man he is. Chris I hope you read this & know that ine as well as everyone else's feelings on here are sincere. I don't care what happened in your childhood or anything cuz people overcome adversity everyday, but you're attemting to hide behind it. RULE #1 for boys growing up is not to hit girls, yet like an idiot you felt like it was the right thing to do. You're NOTHING and I seriously hope that they throw your celebrity status out te windon and sentence your cowardly ass to the maximum amount of jail time for BITCH ASS ABUSERS!! I dont care how sorry you say you are, you're just sorry it got out that you're a horrible person. I hope you rot in jail for a few years...seriously. Maybe someone in there will be able to turn you into a man.

amanda

i think its horrible that it happened to her but lets be honest Chris brown is not the first guy to beat up a woman and he is not going to be the last.

Dan the Mayor

role modle, what a good guy. maybe we should keep aspiring to be like hiom and then we can havve a country of women beaters.

Princess

Omg I Wish Everyone Would Just Leave Chris Brown Alone!!!
No One Knows What Really Happened All We Know Is That They Got Into a Physical Fight!
Stop Making Comments About Oh Well Chris What Took You So Long To Say Sorry For Or Why Did It Take So Long For The Facebook Comment!!
Oh Please Just Leave Him Alone Just Like Everybody Need To Leave Rihanna Alone!
People Want To Sit Up Here And Judge Him First We Don't Even Know One Side To The Story You Can't Believe Eveything You Read On The Internet Now And Days Cause Most Of It Isn't True!
And In This Situation There Is THREE SIDES To The Story You Have Chris Browns Side To The Story, Rihanna's Side Of The Story And Then You Have The Media!
And Its So Stupid That People Actually Are Leaving Comments Like Oh Well She Had It Coming No She Didn't!
Don't Get Me Wrong I Am A Huge Chris Brown Fan More Than A Rihanna Fan I Love Her Music And Think That She Is A Great Role Model But That Still Doesn't Give Anyone A Man Or Women The Right To Hit Beat And Knock On Someone But To Sit Up Here and Say She Had It Coming You All Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself!!
I Understand That You're A Chris Brown Fan But Instead Of Saying Hey Chris Good Job She Had It Coming (Which Oh That's A Good Way To Help Support Him! NOT) You Should Be Saying Things Like Its Good That You're Getting Counseling And That You Will Become A Better Person!
Its Already Bad That He's A Celebrity And People Are Constantly Stalking Him I Don't Think Either One Of Them Need To Hear And Read B.S. Like That!
So If You Were A True Fan And Cared So Much You Wouldn't Be Writing And Speaking Negative Things To Only Make The Situation More Terrible For Them!
Whatever The Real Truth Is Behind It All The Are Still People And At The End Of The Day They Have Feelings Too!

Nancy Smith

This just shows he is a little boy wanting to be a man. Not even close, loser! A real setback to your race.

Dodgy Roger

Once a women beater always a women beater. Nice to see that this coward is hiding behind God ,his pastor and his dear old mum, she must be so proud. Lets hope somebody gives him a good hiding soon so he knows what its like to be beaten. There is no excuse for hitting a women, if he was unhappy with something she did or said, nobody was stopping him leaving.