Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

vicky lee myers

i never like chris Brown and this only makes it worse. He is cold hearted to do something like that, sorry cant cure the bruises. ur b.s

Kassie-Cols,Ohio

For Chris to hurt her this bad,I'm sure he has done it before and this time got carried away with it. Once a women beater always a women beater. He needs the Sh*^ beat out of him,believe that what goes around comes around! I just hope that she don't go back to him as love shouldn't ever leave a mark on your body or your face..

Lauren

I would have never thought of Chris Brown as one to put his hands on a women but looking at what has transpired between him and Rhianna really puts his true self into perspective!!!! He is an awful person! Any man who has the balls to put his hands on a women is nothing but a coward! I have lost all respect for Brown and will refuse to listen to any of his music anymore! Brown should be tried to the fullest extent of the law and have the book thrown at him! Rhianna honey you deserve better than a little boy who likes to beat up on women and if you are stupid enough to get back with him then you deserve what happened to you!

baddestbitchformynigga

this is 4real some BS!! dont try use God to make you look better! thats just low! seeking help from your pastor?? how about seek help from a therapist!! no matter how people try twist the story he was still in the wrong!! hey the pics are clear enough! je is just coming out with this BS because he has lost endorsement deals, radio airplay, and some fans, now he wants to come talk about God will make me a better person crap!! please Rihanna stay well away!! he has issues that cant be fixed by some BS statement!

BigCellMate

Oh, Chris Brown... Be prepared to be gang-raped every night once you are in prison. A pretty boy like you that likes to beat women?! Sheee-ittttt, they gonna have fun with you!!!

DEANO

OMG you all are speculating. thats not reality actually it is usually the total opposite. this will effect both of thier careers and specualtion doen't help anything. no matter what, people will think he beat her or that she deserved it because it is all speculative DRAMA it makes alot of $$$ so keep feeding the fire and lets watch both of them go down the drain

cathy

BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHING REMEMBER THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KNO WUT REALLY HAPPENED THAT NIGHT WERE THE PEOPLE IN THAT CAR!THERE ARE ALWAYS 3 SIDES TO A STORE:HER SIDE HIS SIDE, AND THE TRUTH!

element505

CB is gonna get slapped up over this ish. lol. Its only a matter of time. What a dumb #ss.

Alexandra

Ok, Chris.
Seriously, how stupid do you think we are?
You bide your time for an entire week before making a public statement on these allegations, and when you finally do, it is the single most obviously pre-scripted piece of eggshell walking bull that your publicists can think of.
If you're going to apologize to anyone, especially the girlfriend you allegedly beat the stuff out of, please, don't insult her or any of us with this insincere tripe.
I'm not buying it, you putz.

Stephanie Driver

i still love u chris brown. amd no matter what she looks like she would be a bit*h. although she may have not desevered it it is allways two sides to a story so what makes hers so right. anyway i still love u and would buy anything u put out from this day on. love u

Unknown

Chris whatever it is that happen it wasn't that bad for you to beat her like that. It means you kept beating HER. Your wrong!!

Don-worry-bout-it

Chris.. you will always be my boo. But this one was way out there!
I dont have the same respect for u anymore! :(

Lee

Chris is gonna get Booty raped in jail by all the big thugs, You are Bitch. No likes you any way. Your just a p*ssy singer that is going to get dealt with for beating up a women

k

He's sorry, alright. A sorry mofo. He's so remorseful that he won't talk about anything becasue fo fear of the law. That ain't sorry, buddy, that's covering your hind side.

Boss2006

DID YALL EVER STOP TO THINK MAYBE SHE HIT HIM FIRST???

HE OWNED UP TO WHAT HE HAS DONE SO LET THE S!^T GO!!!!!