Chris Brown: So Sorry

2/15/2009 4:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownIt only took Chris Brown a week since we broke the story of his alleged beatdown of Rihanna to release a statement... but here it is.

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person. Much of what has been speculated or reported on blogs and/or reported in the media is wrong. While I would like to be able to talk about this more, until the legal issues are resolved, this is all I can say except that I have not written any messages or made any posts to Facebook, on blogs or any place else. Those posts or writing under my name are frauds."

A spokesperson for Rihanna declined to comment.

Watching Over

"And we look at it all with anger yet as a community the industry still lets this slide." I THINK WE ALL SHOULD SAY TO OUR FAVORITE ARTISTS: "IF YOU CANNOT AS AN INDUSTRY, RECORD COMPANIES, LABELS OR EVEN AS INDIVIDUAL ARTISTS CONDEMN THIS IN THE STRONGEST WAY THEN WE SEE NO REASON TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO THINK THAT THIS KIND OF ACTIVITY IS OKAY." Maybe we'll hear what we should've heard a week ago.

meg

lock him up... woman beater!!!

2038 days ago

i'm praying for the both of you.
but chris, i must say that i am truly ashamed & saddened by your actions.
how dare you even put your hands wrongly on that beautiful girl.
no one deserves that.

Jalissah Wells

i luv u chris mwahz baby
i still believe in u

sexy lady

wat ever its not all his fault!!!!!!!!
i bet yall beat up on people 2!!!!

Michael

should be 'eye for an eye' ..... he should get his ass kicked until his face looks like that .... THEN lock him up and throw away the key.

belllyflop

give him the chair! lol bad joke..

Slavica

O please, which one of his lawyers told him to say this kind of BS, the man i sorry aight...lol, NO matter how angry he was he can NOT solve problems with violence....

Holly

N0 0NE KN0WS WHAT REALLY HAPPEN LEAVE CHRiS AL0NE !
i L0VE Y0U CHRiS AND iM GUNNA STAND BY Y0U AND i H0PE Y0U HAVE LEARNES FR0M ALL THiS !!

Ray

LISTEN HERE CHRIS BROWN!!! You are no better then Ike Turner and Bobby Brown, I hope you lose everything you never deserved you sorry piece of crap. Go back to your ghetto and crawl under a rock. I hope someone deals you a good old fashion ass kicking some day.

jazzsongs

Chris! You beat up on a girl, YOU COWARD. Someone needs to kick your backside in. No excuses! Learn to walk away.

Katherine

1st it was James Brown, then Bobby Brown, now Chris Breown. Beware of the BBBs (Browns Beatin Bitches) if his last name is Brown, run bitch run!!!

Steph

This dude should be ashamed of himself! What a jerk! It doesn't matter what she did either, so ppl that say maybe she deserved it, you are rotten.

unacat

He made a mistake? Too "sweet"? Jesus Christ are Chris Brown fans stupid. Well, that's another redundant remark.

valerie

oo please! he is so guilty but is fine for him to find some help!
it's neccesary!
but poor rihanna! i love her so much.. and i hate chris for doing this to such a gorgeous woman!